Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Worlds fastest Sartharion 3D kill (10)

Quote Originally Posted by Tannalos
    What actually happens when sarth reaches 25% with drakes up? Might gonna give this a go tonight so an answer would be very appreciated

/Hoff
    Tenebron will start hitting your tank for about 30k at this point. That is the reason for someone to taunt and run to the other side of the island.

European Players are obviously more Hardcore then everyone else.

Grats on the achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by fathernav
    Tenebron will start hitting your tank for about 30k at this point. That is the reason for someone to taunt and run to the other side of the island.
    is it possible to kite tenebron to the entrance?

You got loot for killing drakes without actually killing drakes.

It's somewhat impressive. But survive the drakes afterwards (they really are the encounter after all) and it's truly impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer
    Zerg also means to mindlessly rush in and just go balls to the walls without worry. Also, the fact that you get it with alts is why it devalues the achievement.

Personally, I dont care about the value of it, I just dont think it was the intended method to do the achievement. Why have the enrage be that severe if you were meant to be able to kill sarth then the drakes to get the achievement? Why have this entirely separate process of drakes coming down as the fight progresses and bringing their own buffs to the table?

It is an alternate method, and it works at the moment, but again... I dont think it was a part of Blizzard's original intentions to do it this way.
    You still have to be mindful of events around you. We actually had the kill our third time in, but we got unlucky and wiped with 88k left. We lacked the optimal group and we certainly did not have the same type of group the OP had. So, for those that are looking to try to kill Sartharion this way, you have options.

You just come in from the rear right of Sartharion, turn him to his left and position yourself on the back right lip of the island he sits on. This way, you only have to move forward for right walls and you can stand still(if in the right position) during left walls.

Does the tank needs to be very good to handle aggro? It's hard to keep aggro with 8 dps pushing 6k+ from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jathro
    You got loot for killing drakes without actually killing drakes.

It's somewhat impressive. But survive the drakes afterwards (they really are the encounter after all) and it's truly impressive.
    The Achievement and Encounter are "With all three drakes still alive defeat Sartharion". Nobody said you have to kill them, its just the traditional way of doing it. You gain loot by leaving them alive to start with.

Congrats guys, that was pretty impressive!

To make a simple summary.

Congrats to all who did it the old school way. That truly is a feat of strength and impressive in its own right. Myself included. Now quit being butt hurt about a new strat.

Congrats to the team that did this strat 1st. Impressive thinking of a new and creative way to do this encounter. Speed rush kills are envogue right now as is. Glad you thought of this.

As a melee class i really enjoy zerging fights
    That video was pretty nice,gz with this "burnhimdownasap" strategy

(Уникальная килл,поздравляю)

just wanna say thx for the ppl that showed us the fast way of doing this^^

been trying to get him down with 3D for a few weeks now, allways missin healers or Sarth´s breath capable tanks,

so we tried ur zerg way tonight, just with a heavy caster grp (3 mages, 1 lock, 1 elemental shammy, 1 moonkin,1 DK, 1 hunter, pally healer and warrior tank) and we got him down after 2 hours, was a pleasure, thx again:P

and the hunter used distracting shot on Tenebron at 30% and ran away with him^^so we didnt do the druid thingie.

wws link, its not so accurate i think, missing DK's army etc
    http://wowwebstats.com/1gpeewncculoa?s=90115-95897&m

With all of the posts of people getting the achievement now when they couldnt before, I really dont see the reason in congratulating the OP anymore.

i know this has been said few times already but i just cant resist:
    "With all three Twilight Drakes still alive, engage and defeat Sartharion the Onyx Guardian on Normal Difficulty."

to all those whining idiots: where the fuck did you read that you have to kill the drakes before sarth when u are doing this achievment? it is said that the drakes have to be alive when u engage sarth, blizz hasnt said a single word here that the drakes have to die before sarth (while engaged).

the achievment says it clearly.

some people are really retarded lol, if you really "dont care" (aka "ban pls, exploit"? hahaha) why do you post 10 times in this topic? lol. purely r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d.

to russians: gz

explode
    ban him
    private server
    not legal
    !!!11!!!11!!!111!!!!11

ty all)

Quote Originally Posted by Fedelesa
    Whose going to try this on 25-man, 9 Million HP in 85 seconds, 106k DPS if my math is right. 2 Tanks, 3 healers, rest DPS? 5,300 DPS per person to achieve? Correct me if I'm wrong, my math may be off.
    Actually it's almost 9,6M hp. We did the 25man last night, and we all agreed it was about the most fun we've had so far in this expansion. A good old fashioned dps race against the clock. A few people got killed in the last 2 seconds of the fight to some random dmg, but the drakes despawned, so after we cleared the remaining whelps and blazes more than half the raid was left standing. Combat didn't end until everyone left the instance, because Vesperon was still circling around the room, waiting to land, though he never did.

Loot was there, achievements were there for the one or two alts we had with us. We have video and combat log parses online, however I will not disclose anything more at this time, it is up to our guild master if/when or how we make it public. Just wanted to drop by with a heads up that it has been done. If you really can't live without proof of this, you can try to send me a PM and if it's not too many people I might give you some links.

"It matters not I'm moving so slowly, I might be going in the wrong direction."

Greetings.

First of all, I'd like to congratulate the people who thought of this first for a very good idea, imo.
    As someone else pointed out, I also always wondered what if we just nuked Sartharion but never got to do it.

After seeing the video, me and some of my guildies decided to try this out and all I can tell you is that it was really funny and a boredom-killer in the current content raiding.

The result was this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Me3Dk7aoA

Not even want to get into the QQ'ing about legit/whatever, but to make it crystal clear:

1 - We engaged Sartharion with the 3 drakes alive;
    2 - We killed Sartharion in roughly 66 seconds (got u there Kiib ^^);
    3 - When Sartharion died, Tenebron and Shadron despawned;
    4 - We got the loot and 4 badges;
    5 - We got the achievements (as you can see in the video);

Anyways, tyvm once more for the splendid idea Kiib, you just brought some fun into our boring weekly clears!

PS: Will post wws meters as soon as I get my hands on them! ^^

Any consideration to getting tenebron down to low hp, then engaging sartharion?
    Whole
    US-Nathrezim Horde

anyone know what the fastest time doing this is? we just did it in 63 seconds and I'm wondering how we rank

Im from Korgath and Today we just pugged it

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...d_zerg_pug.jpg

Thats the screen shot of my 3 guildys and my friend who got the drake and we got a pic of the recount to show we only had 1 healer ( me ) and 1 tank

wow, so much QQ about this not being legit...
    next they're gonna link this to TG nerfs of fury warriors, because they took 4, and that's why TG needs to be nerfed/not nerfed.