I think i nailed possible hybrid build. Disc/holy 3.1

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...2&version=9757

ok so i was looking into both trees so i could pick out the best of each one... and i think this build has nailed it for the most part. any input would be nice.

When you really look at the combinations . this build allows great flexibility and survival. Body and soul for those quick get aways. blessed resilience, blessed recovery, and focused will allow great burst survival . key pvp talents in disc and holy are reached. Pain supresion isnt their, But a counter is blessed resilience, blessed recovery. On top of that inspiration plus the improved inner fire talents and glyph.

Again this is just my opinion. I would love some feed back thx

Re: I think i nailed possible hybrid build. Disc/holy 3.1

Meditation? Spirit of Redemption? Quite possibly Silent Resolve and Lightwell too.

I'd also take Mental Agility and Glyph of Holy Nova instead of Absolution and Glyph of PW:S.

Thats an option to but if i went any further into holy, i think i would miss out in the disc tree. :-\

EDIT: Holy nova glyph does seem great to, 40 percent plus heals is nice

hello.

I dont think blessed resilience and focused will work really well together, if you are immune to crits for 6 sec, you wont stack the focused will, also blessed recovery wont proc when blessed resilience is up.

I think you should take either blessed resilience or focused will, not both, also if you choose blessed resilience, put only 1 point in blessed recovery (if someone is spam dispelling you its just one more thing to dispel).

either go for something like
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9757

or if you want to have reflective shield go for

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9757

O damn, well i didnt think about the cancellation of the two talents..well then ima have to rethink some things. TY for pointing that out

well is it possible for blessed recovery to proc.. and blessed resilience at the same time? then maybe the 3 points i put into focused will can go into improved flash heal

Ok, so now you can keep yourself alive, now how are you going to keep your friends alive?

well if it is 2 vs 2 i assume if they are on me partner is good...and if it just one person on each. i think i would manage. PoM and instant flash seem nice. Might not work to well any higher brackets. I see where you are coming from.

well if this keeps me alive.

Im thinking for a 2v2 setup.

if Im being attacked , I have a better chance of surviving wil the speed boost and cleanse poison.

if my partner is being attacked, I can shield, renew, pom, and mabe flash or greater heal him, seeing I have alot more crit and healing power with this spec, it shouldnt be a problem.

but it remains to be tested ofc, cant say for sure until then.

I've been eyeing a similar spec. I disagree with some specific points (like I think 5% less spirit to sp is worth improved death) but I think overall the spec will give you the toughest defenses possible. hopefully your ability to keep someone else up wont be too compromised.

a few details

I would take improved death, well worth one point in arena.
    i would take silent resolve despite the abundance of buffs you have to be dispelled. maybe even because you have so many.
    I don't know if I have enough points but I would definatly take mental agility over absolution.
    I would take glyph of renew over glyph of shield but that's really just a playstyle thing.

So much bad in this spec its not even funny.

You have to take Meditation when 3.1 hits, otherwise good luck trying to arena with 40 mp5.
    Absolution is a waste of 2 points, if you're trying to cast while somebody is critting you, you're just asking to get pummeled/kicked/counterspelled/wtfever.
    You don't have Penance so you absolutely have to take Divine Fury, otherwise you're biggest heal is gonna be lolFlash Heal. Good luck trying to keep yourself up when your target has MS up and you're healing for 1800 a pop.
    Blessed Recovery is absolutely terrible, especially since it becomes worse as your gear gets better since you get crit less. Most people never see it as more than 1% of their total healing done in a normal arena match. Take 1 point at the most for dispel fodder, although you could probably find a better place for that point.
    Inspiration is lol. You'd be hard-pressed to have more than 15% crit on your gear unless you bought the entire shadow set.
    Gotta have Spirit of Redemption if you're down the tree that far. Its only 1 point.
    Surge of Light is iffy, since once again you don't have a lot of crit on your gear, I'd skip it.

If you absolutely wanted to try a hybrid spec with Blessed Resil + Focused Will I'd try: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...&version=9757#

You could also move a point into Lightwell if you wanted.

self penance is all i gotta say defines arena priests

Quote Originally Posted by jdl45
    self penance is all i gotta say defines arena priests
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Relina
    You could also move a point into Lightwell if you wanted.
    Lolwell is pointless as any class can strike for more than 30% of your hp even with resil cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    Inner Focus is a really good talent tbh, don't underestimate it.

In my opinion the best hybrid spec would be http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9757

I really see little overall use for Power Infusion

I'm undecided with hybrid in 3.1, still need to figure out what improvements some of the changes are going to make. PoH is going to be a much bigger focus, and maybe I want eRenew, which limits how far I can get down the Disc tree quite a lot.

So far I'd like to try on:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...2&version=9757

Tho with 3.1 I'm also going to go back to trying on full Holy, and full Disc again.

No circle of healing, divine providence or guardian spirit from holy. All of those are really make or break in any situation where the raid is actually taking damage.

Not even any Divine Aegis, Pain Suppression or Penance from discipline (all of those are how discipline priests single target heal).

It looks like you decided to trade in all of your healing efficiency in hopes that you would be more mana efficient and the only talent you really took to improve your mana efficiency was mental strength which is a nice talent but not worth nerfing your ability to heal for.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    No circle of healing, divine providence or guardian spirit from holy. All of those are really make or break in any situation where the raid is actually taking damage.

Not even any Divine Aegis, Pain Suppression or Penance from discipline (all of those are how discipline priests single target heal).

It looks like you decided to trade in all of your healing efficiency in hopes that you would be more mana efficient and the only talent you really took to improve your mana efficiency was mental strength which is a nice talent but not worth nerfing your ability to heal for.
    Try reading the actual post made by the OP, it's a PVP spec not PvE.

sorry but the build is terrible.

1st of all -survivability:

You're pretty much very dependent on Blessed resilience to not get bursted down, yet you don't take silent resolve to protect this buff. Dispel BR - lol 10k shatter !

on a sidenote, BR and FW don't work well together.

2nd - mana: meditation is a must. Spirit is nerfed, meditation is buffed. It results in aproximately the same regen as before, if you are in FSR, which is pretty much all the time in arena. Your spec pretty much only has Soulwarding and Surge of light to help your mana pool.

3rd : You don't have penance, nor Divine fury, but you take Improved healing ? What for ? You'd do way better if you take divine fury over holy spec. With this spec, you will not be able to win any kind of mana war if they go for your partner.

4th : Crit is not the way to go for a pvp healing priest. We do not have enough crit and good enough crit talents for it to be worth it. Crit talents are considerable options in some cases and when playing certain comps, but relying on them is not good.
    inspiration is totally not worth it in pvp