Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Holy priest, big mana problems..

Actually, flash heal is quite efficient when you use the glyph. The only time I ever used Gheal as holy was on Patch, it's too slow other wise. Maybe that'll change in 3.1.

You should be using Glyphs of Flash heal, CoH and a 3rd major of your choice. And one of your minor glyphs should be the shadow fiend glyph. I also recommend the levitate glyph to save a bag slot (no more feathers).

Honestly, I would rework your spec a bit. You're missing a ton of bonus healing on your two main spells by not filling out Empowered Healing. Same for Divine Providence (which is actually nice for 7 second PoM CDs if you have 2 piece T7, especially on Sapphiron).

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbkhxZcxxcf0qihVIR
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbzhZcxxcf0qihVIRt
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbhhxtrxoifRtfx0c

And as everyone else has said, enchant your gear. Spellpower to gloves, bracers & weapon are cheap as is speed to cloak. Get out and do the Hodir dailies for the shoulder enchant; you'll make more money doing the quests than you'll spend on shoulder enchants anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nytz
    i find myself spamming FH most of the time because both tank and other members in grp loose hp very fast.. Same goes for raids btw.
    This is a key point, and I think the reason is pretty clear looking at your spec. A 23/48 spec makes a significant dent in your healing throughput for a very small gain in mana. Try a 14/47 build. You will lose a tiny bit of regen from not having Divine Spirit, and your instants will cost a little more, but virtually all of your heals will hit harder. That is, if you find you're spamming Flash Heal now, if it hits harder, you'll not have to spam as much which means fewer casts, and possibly some OOFSR regen time.

Also looking at your character sheet, I've noticed that you have two pieces of hit gear. Hit is utterly wasted itemization for a Healer; replace those as fast as possible. While you're at it, get some enchants on things. You're missing a lot of potential Spell Power and/or regen from lacking enchants. And, as someone else mentioned, your Crit is a little low. Haste is a very nice stat for Holy, but it isn't worth it if you don't have enough mana to make use of it; however, if you can replace your two Hit pieces with Crit, you should be in a reasonable ballpark for Crit.

Finally, as others have also mentioned, make sure your raid is assigning healers and that you stick to it. If you let everyone play whack-a-mole, you're going to end up with a lot of people wasting time and mana doubling up on one person while another person doesn't get a heal. Work with either your raid leader, healing leader, or just with the other healers, and figure out how much healing the different responsibilities need and make sure the best people for those jobs are doing them. And once assignments are made, you have to trust your other healers to do their job; you can help them occassionally if you have mana and GCDs to spare, but if you have to do it a lot, then it could mean they're lacking gear, skill, or the assignments could be better thought out.

PW: Shield?! in 5 mans PoM, Renew & Shield should be enough for trash at least
    The Insane.

I try to stack my priest with spirit and int as both stats works towards increasing mana. When she was a fresh 80 her mana sucked beans. Once I stacked spirit and int my mana is tons better. (From 16000 to 18000 mana pool is night and day) I assume being in the 5 sec rule all of the time (since the patch will ultimately make us that way). Increasing your mana pool increases replenishment and it can be huge, int also increase your crits. Spirit increases regen and spell power and it’s impact is huge. I rarely go OOM in most fights.

Certain spells take more mana to use, know them and use them carefully. Look for procs and use them. Addons such as scrolling combat text and power auras etc will definatly help you identify when you get procs, visually and with sound if you choose. Your minion is your friend use him, long fights with spam healing like patch means tossing him out early.

Drinking between fights will be common place I suspect after the patch, I don’t think us spirit stacker will be able to regen all of our mana in mere seconds any more. Therefore I wouldn’t worry about drinking. Definatly enchant your gear and get blue quality gems. You have lost a huge amount stats without it. Epic fliers while nice add nothing to your performance in a raid. Stock up on foods and flasks (or elixirs) to supplement yourself and use them.

COH will suck you dry in no time if your gear doesn’t support the mana drain, it’s one of those spells you have to use with care. I personally don’t use that much in five man content. I am a flash heal, renew, pom fan. Since there are several different ways to heal, find out what is best for you and work your gear around supporting your needs. It might mean more of this and less of that for then it is for me or the next priest.

I am mostly blues, some badge epics, I rarely go OOM while healing heroics. My mana regen is 216 in combat, pretty lame, but I almost never have someone die because I'm oom.

Try to manage your heals better, only heal when needed, minimize overhealing, etc... take advantage of the 5SR, Inner Focus, etc...

Finaly someone mention spec. If you change you spec to the other post spec you will be doing alot better with mana. Im a disc priest but was told as a holy priest you should be casting GH POM Renew. with the odd sheild and FH. CoH when needed.

I was holy as well up to Wrath then speced Disc to lvl and never looked backed.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Sargmastif

I went through just this when I turned 80, the OP is right mana regen sucks then. To compensate I was Disc to snaffel some gear then holy for raids.

The above posts are right too; enchant, gems and spec. Don't worry about spell power that will come with gear, it's all about MP5 and getting more of it (3.1 is gong to be rough for newly leveled 80's). Stats for you are, in order:

Spirit above all, it's MP5 and spell power.
    Crit, it's your procs.
    Intelligence, it's crit and MP5.

Quote Originally Posted by salaryman
    3.) FH is not a very mana efficient spell for a holy priest; you should look at spec'ing for and using GH instead. If you still prefer FH you should consider a Discipline spec instead of holy.
    There is nothing wrong with flash heal if it is glyphed. If it is not glyphed then yes it is mana inefficient. Also, priests are not really spammers. If the tank is taking a lot of damage you should be using coh and greater heal. If the tank is taking moderate damage then you should be using coh and flash heal. Don't burn flash heal on the group unless they really need it because coh is enough to keep them healed.

Don't go discipline for pve. Its still a crap healing spec regardless of how viable Blizzard wants it to be in PvE. Even in 3.1, they stopped just short making discipline just a little bit worse than what a holy paladin is capable of and discipline healing in heroics and raids is a great way to piss off whatever tank is tanking for you unless its a dk.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrion
    Mining/herbalism WILL get you more then 3k for shure.

If you have trouble keep one of them and get tailoring.
    Then drop the one you kept disenchant all the gear you made with tailoring and
    tataaa Tailoring Enchanting over 400... ( and you will have 1-2k left. )
    Tailoring is easy to level if you farm the cloth yourself and if you know where to farm you can farm the cloth yourself in about a day. Its almost free to level to Northrend levels.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Don't go discipline for pve. Its still a crap healing spec regardless of how viable Blizzard wants it to be in PvE. Even in 3.1, they stopped just short making discipline just a little bit worse than what a holy paladin is capable of and discipline healing in heroics and raids is a great way to piss off whatever tank is tanking for you unless its a dk.
    Are you kidding me ? I get regular invites to 25 mans all the time and im a disc priest. My guild isnt quite there yet for 25 mans we just dont have the numbers.

Also one of the 25 man invites i get is from a Warrior who always ask me to heal in his raids.
    Did you watch any of the Ulduar streaming video, ? some where from Disc priest healing.

So i dont understand your hostility agaist disc priest.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Sargmastif

lol fuckin moron

So I see this a whole lot. I don't understand it. While I am not playing so much these days so I don't mess with disc too much myself, I know healers from guilds that do every encounter in the game as Disc.
    In my old guild they farm everything, do all the hard acheivments and fancy themselves as the guild that will beat the new content first on our server. They are a collection of very good players (who I am very fortunate to be carried by a few times as I have an RL mate in the guild :P) and pretty much every raid they take a disc priest, the same disc priest who says he will have a dual spec PvP disc and PvE disc. He has tested his spec on the PTR and is happy with it.

I am nowhere in that league - but given that people use it pretty effectively for every encounter in the game and a bunch of stuff on the PTR I have to say it must be OK. And given that at a lower gear level it is still very mana efficient I'm suggesting the OP might find it rather useful.

But hey - don't take my word. Go try it. Might even have some fun with it AND be effective.

Geeee You're spamming flash heal and You wonder why are You going oom?
    Two options for You:
    - try using GH to full, then shield, renew and get a mana regen break
    - respec disc - with all that haste of Yours, and Your tendency to use flash heal this should be perfect for You.

Whatever You choose - get some more crit.

Oh, and DO get professions :P

There is nothing wrong with flash heal if it is glyphed. If it is not glyphed then yes it is mana inefficient. Also, priests are not really spammers. If the tank is taking a lot of damage you should be using coh and greater heal. If the tank is taking moderate damage then you should be using coh and flash heal. Don't burn flash heal on the group unless they really need it because coh is enough to keep them healed.
    Yes, Flash Heal is fine, but you can and should be casting it on the raid. CoH is okay for raid healing but it isn't enough. In fact, in many situations, it isn't worth much because people are too spread out. Flash Heal is a great way to help spot heal. In fact, a normal raid healing rotation for me will look something like this: CoH, PoM, FH, FH, CoH, FH, FH, FH.

And why would you be using CoH at all if you're on tank healing duty? I occassionally use it on a fight like Patchwerk if all of the tanks are missing health, so I can help top them all up and maybe proc Surge of Light, otherwise, you probably shouldn't cast it at all. I do use Flash Heal on tanks when I'm worried that a Greater Heal wont be fast enough, but that's rare. If you're just casting Flash Heal to try to snipe your other healers, then what's the point? Stop trying to top the meters by sniping other people's heals; stick to Renews, PoMs, and GH pre-casting to help mitigate the burst damage.

As others have said, this is just silly. Sure, they don't have the HPS throughput of a Paladin, but they still have similar mana longevity, better burst healing, and have a heck of a lot of damage mitigation, which includes the best abilities to effective increase the tank's max health to deal with massive blows (Divine Aegis and Power Word: Shield). Beyond that, if anyone is complaining about rage/mana from a Discipline Priest, then that means you're overgeared for the content and it doesn't matter, otherwise you're getting hit hard enough to pop the shields and still get plenty of rage. Even better, in 3.1, Warriors/Druids will still be able to get rage while shielded, and all tanks will get some rage/mana/runic power from being shielded. So please, stop with the Discipline hate; I would never dream of asking our guild's Discipline Priest to go Holy.