Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Prot Paladin T8 4 Set Bonus

When compared to the other tanking 4 set bonuses, ours seems to be lacking. My empathy goes out to Druid tanks as well, because their bonus does not even compare to what DK's and Warriors are getting. Here's the run down of the T8 4 set bonuses:

Paladin: Shield of Righteousness now increases your block value by 225 for that attack and for 3 sec's after.

Druid: Increases the duration of Savage Roar and Survival Instinct by 8 seconds.

DK: Anti-Magic Shell also grants you 10% reduction to physical damage taken.

Warrior: Shield Block also grants you 20% reduction to magical damage taken.

Any other tanking paladins out there feel like they got shafted on their 4 set bonus?

Re: Prot Paladin T8 4 Set Bonus

Didn't the t5 and t2 bonuses suck for pallies too? It seems that historically paladins skip the mid tier and grab off set pieces. The bonus for you guys really sucks though. Which is bad cause our main tank is a paladin and now he is going to complain even more :-\
    BY SARONITE BE PURGED!
    I have... 80 rogue. 2 80 DK's. 80 Shaman. 4 80's makes me pro amirite?

You can add T7 to that list as well. I don't even bother with the 4 set bonus for that.

It doesnt suck you just cant comprehend why its good.

Its a good threat boost, while making one of our strengths even stronger.

Pallies are block tanks, this just cements it.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Charmalade
    You can add T7 to that list as well. I don't even bother with the 4 set bonus for that.
    Yes but it was in line with everyone else's bonus.

T7- 2piece was threat gen, 4piece was damage reduction.

IMO, the set piece is not that bad.

Personally I will be using the Chest, legs, Shoulders, and gloves. Then Helm of the Faceless, the BV boots, the craftable belt. Not sure which bracers I will use yet.

My question is, we only have 2 tanking shield. which one will everyone want?

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    It doesnt suck you just cant comprehend why its good.

Its a good threat boost, while making one of our strengths even stronger.

Pallies are block tanks, this just cements it.
    Threat? Who needs threat? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You completely lack comprehension.

Check out what the warriors and DKs got for their 4pc. The amount of BV was got was trash in comparison. We get a tiny amount of mitigation. Tanks need like 4x the amount of BV they have now to "smooth" out spikes. Everyone with a brain knows that when things hit hard you have avoidance NOT BV. Unless it's magic then it's stam or a druid/DK

The 4pc sucks and so does the itemization. I'm sure your scrub ass will settle for the "awesome" helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo

Personally I will be using the Chest, legs, Shoulders, and gloves. Then Helm of the Faceless, the BV boots, the craftable belt. Not sure which bracers I will use yet.
    There are WAY WAY better gloves than the tier gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmalade
    All the four set bonuses were 3 seconds to your shield wall effect. It wasn't really worth it for any tank but DK's.

The four piece is fairly weak. The two piece is unnecessary threat. I'll most likely only bother to pick up the pieces that are BiS or near BiS.

Deleted

Right. You've obviously skipped the part where tanks are diffrent, thus they need diffrent things. Paladins have superior melee mitigation compared to a warrior tank, but warriors have superior options to mitigate/survive spelldamage.

Thus, you're getting help and added viability for what you're already good at, and warriors recieve the same treatment. Don't class them up in 4 diffrent camps and compare them without comparing the classes, you'll always end up overreacting.

That being said, the warrior bonus will probably get changed in the future. Perhaps not in Ulduar but with the release of t9, as it's a very powerfull bonus, but at the same time something warriors do need.

Now you can argue wether or not tanks should be equall in all rather than improve what they're already good at, but if that's done, what's the point to have 4 diffrent tankclasses?

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool
    Right. You've obviously skipped the part where tanks are diffrent, thus they need diffrent things. Paladins have superior melee mitigation compared to a warrior tank, but warriors have superior options to mitigate/survive spelldamage.

Thus, you're getting help and added viability for what you're already good at, and warriors recieve the same treatment. Don't class them up in 4 diffrent camps and compare them without comparing the classes, you'll always end up overreacting.

That being said, the warrior bonus will probably get changed in the future. Perhaps not in Ulduar but with the release of t9, as it's a very powerfull bonus, but at the same time something warriors do need.

Now you can argue wether or not tanks should be equall in all rather than improve what they're already good at, but if that's done, what's the point to have 4 diffrent tankclasses?
    No, I understand that all 4 tanks are different in a way. Thats not the problem and I dont need you to tell me what different tanks are good at. You're arguing a completely different point than I am.

Do you honestly believe for one second that having 225 more block for 3 seconds is going to compare, mitigation wise, with what they're getting? Thats my problem.

You can't even begin to compare. I promise you blocking for an extra 225 (if you even block during those 3 seconds) is NOT going to save your life. However, I can guarantee you that using either of their moves with a 4set bonus WILL save their life / make it easier on healers.

My point is, our bonus does not even COMPARE to what they're getting.

i havent done the theory crafting but i'm sure there is gonna be a way to keep both the libram and the Sor proc up to up your effective BV, so it should be good imo

hmmm maybe a long shot but

Libram of Obstrucion

Equip: Your Judgement ability also increases your shield block value by 352 for 5 sec.

so u judge 5 sec after shield slam giving you 100% uptime with sbv stuff

not good but neither bad since that means less dmg taken making it easier for healers
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool
    ..., but warriors have superior options to mitigate/survive spelldamage.
    bold should be changed with DK, even after patch. they don't need to mitigate spell dmg with tier bonus anyway.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by weirdingway
    Threat? Who needs threat? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You completely lack comprehension.

Check out what the warriors and DKs got for their 4pc. The amount of BV was got was trash in comparison. We get a tiny amount of mitigation. Tanks need like 4x the amount of BV they have now to "smooth" out spikes. Everyone with a brain knows that when things hit hard you have avoidance NOT BV. Unless it's magic then it's stam or a druid/DK

The 4pc sucks and so does the itemization. I'm sure your scrub ass will settle for the "awesome" helm.
    Says the noob whose guild cant do 3drake OS 10man, or 6min eoe.

who... you? http://www.wowarmory.com/character-a...e&n=Evereghalo
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    lol thats great
    the irony from evereghalo is fantastic

lol prawnt.

The question here is whether the 225 BV is applied before after you have hit with SoR. If it is applied to the current SoR than it is a reasonable threat boost (not that we really need it, but nonetheless). If it is applied afterwards (which is much more likely) then it really is a lacklustre bonus. Bosses are said to be hitting much harder in Ulduar (some for around 20-25k~), 225 reduction (before talents) for a block will be unnoticeable.

If the block value scaling provided from the Redoubt talent was increased then it may make block rating (until capped)/value once again a valuable stat for a paladin. As it currently stands the amount of block value a paladin tank has compared to the damage that a boss deals in a swing is negligible.

so people haven't done these achievements should not talk. good job. this thing you said is not even an elitist behaviour, you just said a stupid thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    hmmm maybe a long shot but

Libram of Obstrucion

Equip: Your Judgement ability also increases your shield block value by 352 for 5 sec.

so u judge 5 sec after shield slam giving you 100% uptime with sbv stuff

not good but neither bad since that means less dmg taken making it easier for healers
    Why use the obstruction libram for anything other than AoE packs when the ulduar one is more BV and permanent?

Slapper - T8 4pc gives damage to shield, however neither of these address what, IMO, is the problem with this set bonus:

The bonus is less BV than you would gain swapping out the two pieces of non-BV gear with BV gear in general, making it useless for BV-stacking mitigational tanks; the BV is going to hardly be noticable in an avoidance set, because you'll be probably only using 3 pieces of T8 (the three avoidance heavier pieces) which means.... no bonus. it's a nice bonus in and of itself, not an awesome one like, for example, warrs, but it's not one that people interested in it will get, because the set is 2 BV pieces, 3 heavier avoidance pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by cappytoi
    so people haven't done these achievements should not talk. good job. this thing you said is not even an elitist behaviour, you just said a stupid thing.
    Lol Ever you just got OWNED !
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU