3,1 pvp glyphs (for disc)

Yo.
    Going to try some pvp as disc when 3.1 comes (been shadow) and with the new glyphs coming i don't really know what glyphs to aim for.

Possible glyphs could be:

these 4 seems best IN MY OPINION dunno tho i usually dont heal in pvp so feel free to correct me.
    Glyph of dispell magic (Your dispell magic also heals the target for 3%)
    Glyph of flash heal (makes your flash heal cost 10% less) dunno if this 1 is really that great but seem to do alot of flash heal spam in 3.1
    Glyph of pain supression (you can use your PS while stunned)
    Glyph of penance (reduces CD on penance by 2sec)
    And heres some off weird but could be OK i guess.
    Glyph of Inner fire (increases the armor of your inner fire by 50%)
    Glyph of Mind Control (dunno if its good in pvp tbh )
    Glyph of power word: shield (also heals the target by 20% of the amount damage absorbed)

so as you can see theres some to choose from.

Who would you take and why?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: 3,1 pvp glyphs (for disc)

renew can be good also

pain suppression + penance are like ... required IMO XD

Glyph of dispell magic ... i think this can heal the enemy, making it a no go from what I remember ...

power word shield ... good considering that shield will be more effective in disp tree now and it seems that bliz wants us to be spamming it like mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Grub
    renew can be good also

pain suppression + penance are like ... required IMO XD

Glyph of dispell magic ... i think this can heal the enemy, making it a no go from what I remember ...

power word shield ... good considering that shield will be more effective in disp tree now and it seems that bliz wants us to be spamming it like mad.
    Pain Suppression is one of the worst glyphs for pvp as disc, you shouldn't ever need to cast it in a stun, ever.

No, Dispel magic doesn't heal enemy and never has, that would be dumb.

PW:S, Penance, Smite Glyph, change smite with Inner Fire if you have surivivability problems vs melee.

Priest Rogue I would use PW:S Penance Smite.

Priest Ret I would use PW:S Penance Inner Fire.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Pain Suppression is one of the worst glyphs for pvp as disc, you shouldn't ever need to cast it in a stun, ever.

could you please elaborate? it really looks good on paper to me o.o

as far as dispel magic, i could have swore I read it healed an enemy at one point, thought i suppose i could be wrong, since research shows, and I'm sad I never bothered to look myself, that it does in fact not heal enemies =/ Kinda ashamed I never just looked it up, since i thought i knew `_`

It never healed enemies. It says when you remove a negative effect they are healed. You can't remove negative effects from enemies. Well, unless you run with another priest, who mind controls them.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

ya I'm not arguing that it does, i just could have swore that I read it did, but it obviously doesn't, so lets end that discussion

back to, why does LeyLey think glyph pain suppression suck?

Deleted

Pain sup glph is very usefull, this is world of meleestuncraft remember. When ur up VS feral druid + rogue, whos stuns share no deminshing returns,, u can be stunned for upto 15 seconds solid. By then ur dead.

Ill be useing Pennace, pain sup, - maybe renew or PW: S

Quote Originally Posted by Grub
    back to, why does LeyLey think glyph pain suppression suck?
    Because you can still cast it before a stun. When you go up against rogues alot, you can learn to feel when that stunlock burst is coming and use Suppression preemptively. If it was a minor slot, sure. But not a major.

Personally, I think it should be castable while stunned as baseline...
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~