Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: How to flippen raid heal as a Druid?

if your having trouble targeting them fast enough, IF you have a mouse with more than 2 buttons then use healbot, takes the targeting process out of it, all you g2 do is click the spell to their bar.

But if its your spell rotation, then its simple : USE WG EVERY TIME ITS AVAILABLE.
    When im in Naxx, maly,OS, anything but 3d me and my 2 good healer friends (holy pally and shammy) just fight for top healing since we got nothing else to do. ALl you do to beat them is WG, then give rejuv to targets. If someone is like only 3000 hp down do nourish, if they are way down do rejuv then siwftmend or nourish.

But man you shouldnt have trouble raid healing, you do WG then whatever you want while its down, then do it again.

But as a tip, try not to get used to lifebloom in any form of healing, unless you KNOW they are getting hurt in 9 sec. For after this patch, it seems like using lifebloom as a main heal will be deadly.

Not just any spartan; John Halo Spartan.

WG is your friend and nourish on hectic, random fights like malygos in add phase. Rejuv when people are taking constant damage (it'll be an awesome heal with 4set bonus). Rolling LB will still be a viable form of healing, only this time you will LB only one person (MT).

Understand what healers you have with you, their abilities and where raid is positioned, where/when other healers are going to hit with their heals.
    Be aware of where you raid is standing/moving/dpsing, not just your little window of health bar boxes, the positioning and spread of a raid can make quite a difference to what healing they recieve.

Circle of healing, chain heal and wild growth are all selective "smart" heals that will target the lowest targets in range.
    CoH is large radius instant cast for 6 people, say 3-4k heal on average, 6 second cooldown.
    Chain heal is fast cast 4 target large heal with decreasing heal each short range jump.
    Wild growth is much smaller radius than CoH, heals for more per target than CoH but over a duration with the same cooldown.

Because wild growth is selective around your target many fights you can set up the "area" your wild growth is going to hit by a targeted macro at a person or mob/boss(yes you can wild growth off a boss onto tank and melee either side of it) rather than more reactive trying to heal lowest people with wild growth after they take damage.

Learn the beauty of regrowth, nearly 30 seconds of hot as well as it's current significant innitial heal procing natures grace 75% of the time, less dominant after patch against the strengthening of nourish procing natures grace just as much when it gets nerfed. Don't lose sight of the fact it's the longest duration hot we have quite apart from it's front healing.

Swiftmend has a cooldown, make sure you make use of the spell but dont waste it just to beat another healer to the punch after you've already used a global cooldown on a target other healers will also be coming to, if you're raid healing with regrowth/rejuv you can come back to that target when they take burst damage again and swiftmend the hot still on them.

ALWAYS ALWAYS remember, if you don't have hots on a tank you or whoever is organising your healing is a complete failure. The beauty of the druid is doing so much while still having consistant healing incoming on tanks.

15+ Year Old Account

The way you can use Rejuvenation is very dependant of the fight. Try to use Wild Growth most, since it heals every seconds and on 5 targets. A good tip here would be, that having nothing as target and standing in the middle of many raid members, will give you the best effect. At boss fights, you can also add it on the tank, since melee DPS will be close and they will get it too. Try to make some different experiments, and at the end it will flow. Rejuvenation is very good, but you should only use it, when you know the targets will get dmg again and not like one person. Like on Sapphiron example.

MOUSEOVER MACROS.

Grid + Hotstatus + StatusLifebloom

i hold a nice position in our 25 man raids as healing officer and i generally do raid healing. My main spells i use are WG, Rejuv and Nourish (if someone is taking alot of dmg) I find that this 80% of the time works. The occasional swiftmend is needed but as the target already has a rejuv on them its easy and you just re apply the rejuv.

The easiest boss to heal in nax is saphron and i 100% of the time do the most healing by far as all i do is run around spamming rejuv on the raid.

I've got healbot set up so it looks like grid but all i do is click mouse buttons, it also shows me the tick timer on all hots and who has the agro which is pretty neat. I've already posted this in another thread but here goes again:

left click: bloom
    right click: rejuv
    shift left: regrowth
    shift right: nourish
    mouse 4: swiftmend
    alt/crt left: abolish poison
    alt/crt right: remove curse

that setup works really well for me and i swear by healbot as it's not so stenous as grid as the only button i press is "e" which is bound for wild growth.

Also you gotta remember by putting a rejuv on a target they take some extra % on nourish so thats handy to know too if the target isn't dying to quick.

Just adding onto this, i set up the healing assignments for patchwerk on nax25,

MT - 2 druid with 3 stack bloom and rejuv
    OT 1 (hatefuls) 1 priest, 1 sham, 1 druid
    OT 2 (hatefuls) 1 pally, 1 sham, 1 druid

if you guys do the healing assignments for your runs i'd reccomend to give that setup a go at least till the 3.1 patch comes out as bloom will cost way too much to do that in future.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by pinkstrider

... Wild Growth doesnt affect your target, but affects 5 people near the target with most hp lost ...
    In fact, WG does affect your target if your target is currently one of the most banged-up. For max effect you should cast it on targets that are bunched up and taking damage en masse.

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia
    [Rolling lifebloom is] not really super effective in a 25 man, though it would work in 10. I'd say using a broader method is more effective because it can react to stress better.
    If rolling LB is all you're doing, then I agree. You have to supplement with other spells. But being a LB junkie has been very good to me, even in raids with other resto droods. If I am alive, I am on top of the meters — and all my assignments are covered.

Quote Originally Posted by CervezaDraka
    If rolling LB is all you're doing, then I agree. You have to supplement with other spells. But being a LB junkie has been very good to me, even in raids with other resto droods. If I am alive, I am on top of the meters — and all my assignments are covered.
    Important part bolded for emphasis. Meters mean shit all when people die.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by shmelt
    I've got healbot set up so it looks like grid but all i do is click mouse buttons, it also shows me the tick timer on all hots and who has the agro which is pretty neat.
    I use Grid with Clique, but I also keep my assigned targets up on LifeBloomer. There is no better mod for rolling HoTs than that. Even if you're not a LB junkie, it still shows Rejuv, Regrowth and even WG on your prime targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I agree. And good raid leaders know this. If I could snap my fingers and make Recount go away, I would. The problem is, in most guilds I've been in, meters are what matters. Even when people say they don't, they do. Management doesn't want to take the time to sort out who is spamming for Recount and who is keeping the raid alive. A lot of times they can't tell the difference.

Me, I've always found it easy to do both, but I wish I didn't have the extra stress of having to look like the best healer in addition to actually being the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I think meters can mean a hell of a lot, especially when people die. Its just the convention that he who is at the top of the meter is he who is doing the best healing thats wrong. Meters in general are incredibly useful. I can break down someones raw healing into all sorts of useful stats and figures. Things like hot allocation, ability use, ability target, and hot uptime are all extremely important and can be provided by various meters both in and out of game.

Quote Originally Posted by CervezaDraka
    I agree. And good raid leaders know this. If I could snap my fingers and make Recount go away, I would. The problem is, in most guilds I've been in, meters are what matters. Even when people say they don't, they do. Management doesn't want to take the time to sort out who is spamming for Recount and who is keeping the raid alive. A lot of times they can't tell the difference.

Me, I've always found it easy to do both, but I wish I didn't have the extra stress of having to look like the best healer in addition to actually being the best.
    Good raiders may shoo away recount (I won't confirm or deny on that one), the best raid leaders welcome and encourage its proper analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia
    I think meters can mean a hell of a lot, especially when people die. Its just the convention that he who is at the top of the meter is he who is doing the best healing thats wrong. Meters in general are incredibly useful. I can break down someones raw healing into all sorts of useful stats and figures. Things like hot allocation, ability use, ability target, and hot uptime are all extremely important and can be provided by various meters both in and out of game.

Good raiders may shoo away recount (I won't confirm or deny on that one), the best raid leaders welcome and encourage its proper analysis.
    Truth. ALot of people speak of this though, and then just look at total healing output and use that as their "analysis". Props to you, Euda, but you're the exception, not the rule... at least, from what I've seen.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~