Poll: What glyph will you be using in 3.1 and why?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

3.1 Unholy DPS glyph poll:

Just wondering what other people will be using and why.

- Please vote and comment if you like. -
    Quote Originally Posted by wyzard
    Would you like to make a product that very few people can actually use? No, you're not.

Re: 3.1 Unholy DPS glyph poll:

Glyph of Disease is better if they do not change Reaping to Blood Boil instead of Pestilence. Since you are going to have to use Blood Strike eventually, it is a more reliable way to keep your diseases up all the time while sacrificing minimal DPS. Alot less than losing a entire SS.

On the other hand, people often skip over Epidemic with the SS glyph. Personally, too random for my tastes.

I'm failing to see how Glyph of Disease is better- you can go many rotations a lot of the time without having to refresh the diseases on the target with the SS glyph, which means you won't be using IT+ PS to reapply very often- and you'll be stuck reapplying with a 0 damage ability pretty regular schedule with the Disease glyph. I haven't seen anyone that might be considered an "authority" on the subject, such as the more prominent folks over at EJ, saying that Disease would be better. It's pretty much been dismissed. The Reaping issue (Blood Boil/Pestilence -> Death Runes) is pretty much nonexistant when we're talking about single target dps, in which we'll be Blood Striking anyways. Which should generally be the main focus, since AoE is fine regardless.

Even if the difference came out even, personally I'd prefer the RNG of the SS glyph, as it lends a more dynamic, changing, interesting rotation that makes you watch things a little more closely, without being overburdened.

I'd probably use both (GoDisease going in the slot where GoPestilence is right now). When the SS glyph doesn't proc, I rather use one death/blood rune refreshing the disease instead of wasting two runes and those global cooldowns. Of course, that all depends on how sexy plague strike becomes after the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet
    I'd probably use both (GoDisease going in the slot where GoPestilence is right now). When the SS glyph doesn't proc, I rather use one death/blood rune refreshing the disease instead of wasting two runes and those global cooldowns. Of course, that all depends on how sexy plague strike becomes after the patch.
    Unless they've changed something ( I admit that's a possibility, I haven't been able to be on as much lately as I'd like), Glyph of Pestilence is a Minor, and Glyph of Disease is a Major. There won't be any swapping one out for the other.

as ever Bullshifter is the voice of reason in a sea of nubness!

The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.

This only matter if you are the only DK or you don't have a DK tank. I say this b/c (as a MT) I will never not use Pestilence. Why? I have other DKs with me and me putting a reset on there diseases will up there dps, i also roll with a shadow, and DP will get reset every time too. This helps all the DK trees, so if you are tanking then i would get Disease, even if you are going UH tanking. You have to use your Blood runes for the 5% damage buff, so why not help out the raid(DK and Shadow) Also as a tank the change to BB to only 10y around you dose not always pick up the adds that are running by, and might not be the arggo you need to hold them with out the diseases on them, so you will be forced to use pestilence on every trash pull every time.

Who cares about trash, you do you are the tank, but boss fights right. There will be a lot of moving, just think to reset the count of your diseases, before you have to get out of there, then when you get back, you don't have to use 2 runes to put them back up, and can reset them anytime you have to run around. The big thing people don't know is when it is used it dose the damage of the DoT, that is why they took the damage off the attack it self. When you reset the disease, they will tick for damage the first sec, right when they are rest, so it will do a min of each of your diseases damage to reset the disease, for dps this could be huge if that GCD is worth more to you to use IT or PS but is both of there GCD worth a Olb or SS nope.

UH you get more damage form your diseases then anyone else out there do you real want to pass up the chance to have them up 24/7 on a boss fight?
    Do everything you can to win and don't bitch if you lose, b/c good luck or skill a kills a kill. Only the one who lives gets to tell the till.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlic
    This only matter if you are the only DK or you don't have a DK tank. I say this b/c (as a MT) I will never not use Pestilence. Why? I have other DKs with me and me putting a reset on there diseases will up there dps, i also roll with a shadow, and DP will get reset every time too. This helps all the DK trees, so if you are tanking then i would get Disease, even if you are going UH tanking. You have to use your Blood runes for the 5% damage buff, so why not help out the raid(DK and Shadow) Also as a tank the change to BB to only 10y around you dose not always pick up the adds that are running by, and might not be the arggo you need to hold them with out the diseases on them, so you will be forced to use pestilence on every trash pull every time.

Who cares about trash, you do you are the tank, but boss fights right. There will be a lot of moving, just think to reset the count of your diseases, before you have to get out of there, then when you get back, you don't have to use 2 runes to put them back up, and can reset them anytime you have to run around. The big thing people don't know is when it is used it dose the damage of the DoT, that is why they took the damage off the attack it self. When you reset the disease, they will tick for damage the first sec, right when they are rest, so it will do a min of each of your diseases damage to reset the disease, for dps this could be huge if that GCD is worth more to you to use IT or PS but is both of there GCD worth a Olb or SS nope.

UH you get more damage form your diseases then anyone else out there do you real want to pass up the chance to have them up 24/7 on a boss fight?
    I'm not exactly sure what this post is getting at with regard to the discussion. Regardless of which way you go regarding these glyphs, the intent is to have them up 24/7 on a boss fight. I'm not sure exactly what point is being made here. Also, just to clarify on this point:

This only matter if you are the only DK or you don't have a DK tank. I say this b/c (as a MT) I will never not use Pestilence. Why? I have other DKs with me and me putting a reset on there diseases will up there dps, i also roll with a shadow, and DP will get reset every time too.
    They are changing Pestilence so that it spreads only your diseases, and your strikes will only benefit from your diseases as well, so the point is rather moot. No more spreading Shadow Priests diseases for them either, unless I have missed something regarding this as well.

hmm. ok, i guess im really used to glyph of SS right now and didn't realize pest would have to be on such a regular basis cutting down DPS from doing no damage.
    ill probably keep glyph of SS now.

thanks for posting guys
    Quote Originally Posted by wyzard
    Would you like to make a product that very few people can actually use? No, you're not.