Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow priest! wich stats for 3.1?

how many haste and crit we need for 3.1?

do we have some new caps?

Re: Shadow priest! wich stats for 3.1?

Agility.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Man your post is so full of bad...a better question would be "So will the changes to Shadowpriests in 3.1 significantly change the way we value crit and haste? As of now I know(since I have actually read a few posts) that crit and haste are very closely valued in an ideal situation and that having a good balance never hurt anyone---but will this change?" That would be a good question. Answer: The only stat now, and most likely in Ulduar, worth micromanaging is Hit Rating. Other than that get a haste value that you are comfortable with and then fill in with crit - avoid taking worse pieces so you can reach some soft cap; go for a solid balance of the two.

I was reading on shadowpriest.com that if you have less than 2267 sp (not including inner fire) then you want to have 127-493 haste rating and 457-498 crit rating, but if you have more than 2267 spell power you want to have exactly 503 haste and 672 crit rating.

@Heriana....

WHAT?!? So are you just trying to be cute? Everyone and their mother knows that if you have less than 2267 sp (not including inner fire, but certainly not discluding flasks/totems) then you want to have 130-490 haste rating and 457-458.9 crit rating, but, of course, if you have more than 2267 spell power(including inner fire but of course discluding flasks/totems/and day old burrito farts) you want to have exactly 505 haste and 672.33(repeating of course) crit rating.

Heriana, nobody appreciates such ill-informed frippery...next time get your facts straight

Quote Originally Posted by Acerra
    WHAT?!? So are you just trying to be cute? Everyone and their mother knows that if you have less than 2267 sp (not including inner fire, but certainly not discluding flasks/totems) then you want to have 130-490 haste rating and 457-458.9 crit rating, but, of course, if you have more than 2267 spell power(including inner fire but of course discluding flasks/totems/and day old burrito farts) you want to have exactly 505 haste and 672.33(repeating of course) crit rating.
    Seriously, with the new spell-miss mechanics for boss mobs, we can't use the same calculations for hit rating, but APPARENTLY people don't read the EJ, PR or RU forums thoroughly enough. But seriously, with the new melee crit proc off of SW:P a slow staff (the reward from the 'Balance of Light and Shadow' quest is pretty good) and high agility might just be the way to go. I'm stocking up on gems now because the price is gonna skyrocket as soon as 3.1 comes out.

Yeah, definitive agility. We need to be more agile in our playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by iguane
    how many haste and crit we need for 3.1?

do we have some new caps?
    While there is a crit cap and there is a soft haste cap, they both occur at levels of gear that simply don't exist.

Therefore, what cap could you be possibly referring to? 11.11% haste isnt' a cap by the way, it's simply a number where 2 MFs = 1 MB perfectly... that doesnt mean you can't have more than 11.11% haste which is the meaning of a cap.

Spell Penetration

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Yeah, definitive agility. We need to be more agile in our playstyle.
    It lets you pull of some sweet ninja flips and then crack the boss over the back of the head with your mace.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Nah, i thought it was the mace in one ear and the OH in the other.

Damn, must read up moar!

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    While there is a crit cap and there is a soft haste cap, they both occur at levels of gear that simply don't exist.

Therefore, what cap could you be possibly referring to? 11.11% haste isnt' a cap by the way, it's simply a number where 2 MFs = 1 MB perfectly... that doesnt mean you can't have more than 11.11% haste which is the meaning of a cap.
    I've seen you list 11.11% haste probably 10 times now. Maybe I'm confused, but

Haste % = 100 * ((Base_Casting_Time / Casting_Time) - 1) = 100 * ((6 / 5.5) - 1) = 9.0909%

Are you adding in some arbitrary number to account for not being able to cast the second mind flay right after the first one?

You guys are mean, the guy just wants to know what stats he should prioritize.

Well let me make this easy for you, SPs are horrible in the arena, they were mediocre at best in PVE and in relation to other dps classes they just got nerfed, along with holy.

So as far as stats go you should go for STR on the DK that you will now roll.

nice slap in the face doc. comparing us with dk scrubs.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doctar
    You guys are mean, the guy just wants to know what stats he should prioritize.

Well let me make this easy for you, SPs are horrible in the arena, they were mediocre at best in PVE and in relation to other dps classes they just got nerfed, along with holy.

So as far as stats go you should go for STR on the DK that you will now roll.
    And you answered his question better than we did? I think not. Shadow priests will be fine in PvE. They are fine now. Mediocre at best if you're only looking at Patchwerk parses. What nerfs did we get? Seemed to me like we just got 9.18% damage increase on swp and vt and 44.4% on dp as well as a pretty good 2 piece set bonus.

Don't forget the extra damage we get on Devouring Plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Don't forget the extra damage we get on Devouring Plague.
    ?

Improved Devouring Plague talent, 25 points down the shadow tree, increases damage by Devouring Plague by 15% and deals 15% of the total damage instantly when it is applied. Unless they have nerfed the coefficent of DP to make up for this talent, it will provide a DPS boost. Or the current talent calculators are not accurate.

edit: Ah, sorry, I see you already mentioned that.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Improved Devouring Plague talent, 25 points down the shadow tree, increases damage by Devouring Plague by 15% and deals 15% of the total damage instantly when it is applied. Unless they have nerfed the coefficent of DP to make up for this talent, it will provide a DPS boost. Or the current talent calculators are not accurate.

edit: Ah, sorry, I see you already mentioned that.
    ;D

we also got 6% Crit on Dots + a shadowfiend who deals alot more dmg ;>

But SW:P got boosted too? Didnt know but nice to read :>