Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy priest, big mana problems..

Hello, atm i'm having 16,6k mana and 300 mp5. The problem is that i go oom very very fast, evem just in 5 mans i need to use mana pots and drink all the time. The spells i use is Flash Heal, PoM, CoH and i'm keeping renew up most of the time on tank.. i find myself spamming FH most of the time because both tank and other members in grp loose hp very fast.. Same goes for raids btw.

Anyone could give a summary of the minimum stats required to heal the harder heroics?

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...idon&n=Nephite, i know there's a few dps pieces but i dinged 80 a week ago and they were better than my blue items

Any help would be appreciated

Re: Holy priest, big mana problems..

As i said, i just dinged 80 and have main on server with 450/450 in LW and JC.. kinda low on money because i want to buy epic flyer on priest too ;P

You just dinged 80 and u are having mana issues?
    yeah okay, u thought this through really well...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Yes, but i have 90% healing epics from naxx10 and heroics

holy priest tend to oom them pretty fast. make sure to take the crit talents, so u get free proc heals. besides that, u need collect the good gear with crit on so u get more and more and this will help with your mana regen.

your gear isnt that bad, but holy priests are made to run oom if u spam to much. your trying to do to much healing. but if u go oom u just let other healers heal more till u gain some regen oo5r.

or u need to learn when to spam heals and when to relax and take it easy.

what will help is not to use renew ever. it doesnt help much, and most healer will heal the target up before renew can do something decent. if your not gonna spam renew that already alot of extra mana and regen u will gain.

on saphiron in a bad group, i tried to heal everything, and spammed and tried to put as much renews on peeps as possible and i went oom fast, once oom, i felt the other healer could handle it too and it wasnt necessary to spam so freaky. So i tried to spam less and gave the other healer some work too. i also stopped using renew since that was a massave manadrain.

your raid should assign healer, healer for tanks, healer for raids, if your trying to heal both then u run oom. if each healer does its job, he should have enough mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrion
    Mining/Herbalism for Money Making...
    Then switch to Tailoring/Enchanting or Tailoring/Inscription.
    Nice thanks, that kind of advice i was looking for =), any idea on how much it will cost to lvl them from 1-400? and which one is most important

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlybonne
    holy priest tend to oom them pretty fast. make sure to take the crit talents, so u get free proc heals. besides that, u need collect the good gear with crit on so u get more and more and this will help with your mana regen.

your gear isnt that bad, but holy priests are made to run oom if u spam to much. your trying to do to much healing. but if u go oom u just let other healers heal more till u gain some regen oo5r.

or u need to learn when to spam heals and when to relax and take it easy.

what will help is not to use renew ever. it doesnt help much, and most healer will heal the target up before renew can do something decent. if your not gonna spam renew that already alot of extra mana and regen u will gain.

on saphiron in a bad group, i tried to heal everything, and spammed and tried to put as much renews on peeps as possible and i went oom fast, once oom, i felt the other healer could handle it too and it wasnt necessary to spam so freaky. So i tried to spam less and gave the other healer some work too. i also stopped using renew since that was a massave manadrain.

your raid should assign healer, healer for tanks, healer for raids, if your trying to heal both then u run oom. if each healer does its job, he should have enough mana.

Thanks man, ill try to get more crit and not spam so much =)

1.) Spirit, Spirit and more Spirit. If you're Int is 855, you should probably look for Spi of around 1200. This will not only help with your regen, but your spell-power too.

2.) If you're having to spam FH (when you're already casting Renew, PoM and CoH) then your group/tank may be undergeared. You should make a habit of checking the tank's defense in armory; if it's below the def-cap don't group with them.

3.) FH is not a very mana efficient spell for a holy priest; you should look at spec'ing for and using GH instead. If you still prefer FH you should consider a Discipline spec instead of holy.

Thank everyone, nice advice and fast replies
    keep em coming

But u can only track eaither mining or herb at a time, not both? correct me if im' wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Kanuku
    All holy priests had mana issues when they just hit 80.. however, with your gear you shouldn't be so bad.

I think perhaps you are healing too much. Its more notable more now than ever that when you use a big mana heal a big chunk disappears from the bar and takes its time to come back up.

Learn when is best to use your fiend, your pot, your hymn (yes, use it if your struggling). Don't heal when it isnt necessary. Stop trying to win meters.

When you improve the gear it gets easier and easier. But I'd be comfortable in most heroics with what you have. Don't group with idiots who stand in fires.
    kk ill try, but many idiots on my server heh

GatherMate works well.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

enchant your gear too

Well here is my advice. I was once a holy priest (vanilla and BC) and I was hardcore holy. Then WotLK came around and I leveled as a holy priest. Once I hit 80 I had huge mana issues. So someone in my guild conviced me to try disc.
    I have not had mana issues since then and trust me if you have never tried it but disc. is way more fun to do. You also have more toys to play with and more ways to heal a target. It is a bit more difficult to heal a group of people but it seems to be easier to do 5 mans disc than holy because of the mana. Just try it and you will be hooked. When 3.1 comes around (hopefully tuesday) I myself will be duel speccing to be able to switch in raids but I am hooked on disc now. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Nytz
    The problem is that i go oom very very fast, evem just in 5 mans i need to use mana pots and drink all the time. The spells i use is Flash Heal, PoM, CoH and i'm keeping renew up most of the time on tank.. i find myself spamming FH most of the time because both tank
    Greater Heal. Do not spam flash heal, throw GHs. My glyphed FH is worth ~8hpm and my GH is worth 10hpm. 20% more healing for the same mana.

Your Gear is well over what you need to do heroics. I leveled 70-80 as disc since im on a pvp server and then went holy when i dinged 80. The first few heroics were rough and i was very selective who i ran with.

Few things i would add to what other people have already said:

Healing heroics is completely different than raids. In raids I hardly ever cast G-heal unless its IHC hastened. Even when it is hastened I find it hard to justify a G-heal since tanks are usually topped off fast. In heroics I pretty much use G-Heal exclusively on the tank. I only use F-heal on dps.

Stopcast you G-heals on the tank. You would be surprised how much mana you save, not only form less overheals but also regen.

When I first dinged 80 replenish was MANDATORY. I only had like 3-4 pieces of spirit gear, since you gear is well enough to do heroics I wouldn't say its mandatory, but something to consider.

FSR dance. With more crit it becomes alot easier, but you should still be able get at least 1 guaranteed break from IF.

Get comfortable with some form of unit frames. Doesn't have to be grid, healbot, x-pearls, AG, or any other addon, could just be blizzard UI. Whatever you use be comfortable with it otherwise its just a wast.

Check Tanks AND DPS gear before you run with them. IF tank is undergeared or just sucks it can be nearly impossible for any healer to keep them up. If dps sucks then fights will be considerably longer and you will be stretched for mana at the end of fights. Add good dps and tanks to your friends list and put a note under their name to remind you.

If you are playing your priest right then mana shouldn't be a problem with your gear. If your doing everything right and just keep ending up with crappy pugs then I would suggest go Disc. Also, i just did a quick run through of your armory, but didn't look like there were any upgrades in heroics. So why bother doing them?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

Mhm..If you could post some wws about one of your performance it'd be helpful...or even just a recount screenshot..

By the way, I don'w know wich instances you are doing, and with who, but usually as Holy Priest you shouldn't have that much to heal.
    A PW:S, constant renew and jumping PoM is enough to keep up for every kind of trashes, even add some FH's when is the case.

15+ Year Old Account

off topic but

spec inspiration, sheesh

One thing you need to learn about priests is their particular style of healing. Priests atm dance in and out of the 5 second rule meaning you let you mana regen at max capacity. You have to plan for each fight and take breaks when you can. For instance if you want to take a lil regen nap in a heroic toss a renew, a pom, and a shield on the tank and sit for a few seconds. Any spell that costs no mana doesnt take you outside of the 5second regen, so using SoL inner focus or proc'ing IHC.

This is all a little silly to talk about because come 3.1 this is all gonna change...

First of all, get stuff enchanted!!!

Head enchant, shoulders, intellect on bracers, 45 spirit on weapon (even though its theoretically dps, it is pretty good for healing as well). Aim for at least 300mp5, around 330 you will start feeling OP.

I dont know if you done it already, but...glyph for Flash Heal. Either you like it or not, you will be spamming it quite a lot in raids, probably in heroics as well. Since we are primarily raid healers, we will definately not use Gheal unless its hastened through IHC.

In raids i use PoM, CoH, PoH and flash heal to heal the raid. I only use Gheal whenever I heal tanks...like patchwerk

As for consubamles, a great combo is Guru elixir + mighty thoughts, also make sure you have replenishment in the raid. Tbh at a certain gear level you get so OP that you can just mindlessly spam whatever you like.

Last of all...your spec. Fill up empowered healing, fill up divine providence, get Guardian spirit and just take inner focus + meditation from disc. save your inner focus for a PoH cast preferably.

Get inspiration aswell. Healing focus is not needed...if you are afraid of being interrupted just shield yourself when you know damage is incoming.

Other than that, its all about experience, every priest that starts just spams his whole mana bar on every pack of mobs to top everyone up. Slowly you will understand your strengths and weaknesses.

Keep in mind thats its a different thing for your regen going to a heroic with 2 palas and a survival hunter and a different thing without those classes. If you got replenishment you can just spam Gheal on even the suckiest tank and keep him alive.