Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: 3.2 Talent ideas

Holy Strike
    Melee Range 8% base mana
    Next melee
    Requires Melee Weapon
    Blesses the paladin's weapon, causing your next swing to do 20% additional damage as holy damage. Holy damage increased to 40% if standing on concencrated ground.

Bluerelic, you are my hero /swoon
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

They should make the trees more like what they did with druids.. where talents benefit healing / dps and or tanking.. all in 1 so any spec could use them..

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    -Avatar of Retribution- :Increases the holy damage you deal by 15% and decreases physical damage taken by 15%. You may not cast any direct healing spells while in this form. In addition your Righteous Vengance and concencration deal additional damage equal to your spell critical strike chance percent.

Ret version of Shadowform
    This is a nice idea. Fits the paladin theme of being Holy and Pure, can use the "Light Side" effect from when the Teleporters go bad. The Physical dmg reduction could maybe also affect SoB/M backlash?

Quote Originally Posted by Kishin
    After this wall of text, back to the topic.

*Note: I've posted this before in another thread but i thought it fits good in here as well*

Seal Mastery

Adds an additional passive effect to the paladin's seal.

Seal of Light: Increases spellcrit and healing caused by 3%.

Seal of Wisdom: Increases haste by 3% and reduces mana cost of all spells by 3%.

Seal of Righteousness: Seal damage caused is now capable of critical hitting. Also increases your spellpower by 3%.

Seal of Vengeance/Corrpution: Now causes holy damage every 2,5 seconds (down from 3,0 sec). Also increases block chance by 3%.

Seal of Command: Increases seal-activation rate by 33%. In addition, your automatic attacks have a chance to increase the next seal damage by 50%

Seal of Blood/Martyr: 10% of the seals backlash is converted to mana. In addition, when the seal damages you there is a chance that the next Divine Storm will cause holy damage. 33% of the damage caused by this Divine Storm will cause damage to yourself.

Either implent this talent deep into every tree, so every spec can get access to it, or split the effects into separate talents per seal and toss them across the 3 trees.

Maybe something like:

Deep Holy: Wisdom and Light
    Baseline Holy: Righteousness
    Deep Prot: Vengeance/Corruption
    Deep Ret: Command and Blood/Martyr

Nice-to-have for all paladin speccs.
    Iunno if some suck a bit or are too OP, but maybe some of you will get the idea.
    Also nice. The only problem I see, is that some major Glyphs (i.e. SoL and SoW) would need to re-wroked, maybe make those effects cumulative with the above?

Quote Originally Posted by Felblood
    They should make the trees more like what they did with druids.. where talents benefit healing / dps and or tanking.. all in 1 so any spec could use them..
    This is what I was aiming for; a way to make all trees (to a point) and some talents good for all 3 specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofes
    Ok, lets follow your lead..

1. No.. it just makes you look stupid.
    2. Actually.. I think it does.. Ever been critted for upwards of 6k every 8 seconds? Thats me, And i wear ~600 resil.
    3. Ok reset you swing timer, who gives a fuck.. white hits are the least part of your _PVP_ Damage..(We are talking about pvp here I hope you noticed..)
    4. Ever played vs ret? Coz I remember quite a few times when a ret would pop bubble and heal his mate to full with 2 heals.
    5. See Above.. Just to Clarify.. a ret will destroy me in about 5 seconds when I have no cds left - without hoj aswell and well me vs him were talking about 10-15 to get him to bubble 12 for bubble then another 10-15 this is of course in a 1v1 situation.

Talking in lets say 2v2 it looks like this:
    Either I'm with a healer (last comp I was playing was destro/shs(or mut/sd) but the dmg is unhealable for even short periods of time.
    Or I'm with a DPS (see above.) Meaning I get wtfpwned in said time (about 5sec)
    Now, Of course the ret wont be DPSing me all the time (evasion/stuns/fears/time healing/cloak/vanish what ever) but the one time he gets me, I'm Fucking dead. (30sec hoj anyone? = I avoid 2 if I'm lucky (Chance cloak) and then Die. (at the latest - usually earlyer)
    But ofc to consider ive got a partner - he has one too, usually a shaman --> Less cc (tremor/grounding) + we wont be on him we'll be on the shaman who will - hopefully - die during melee bubble if not, GG we lose.
    If its a second DPS - probably rogue it all comes down to if I get the fh or the other rogue if he does - im dead if he dosnt he's dead and we will kill the ret 2v1)

Ofc there are other comps rets play with - these are just examples.

6. Oh yeah whine about your perma-full mana pool, seriously.
    7. No I mean using SoB (I'm horde i don't know about alliance), using mana pots JoW should be on the boss anyway and I'm pretty sure that using BoS to get extra dmg would be classed as "Being able to play" and I know for a fact our ret in SW pulled good dps and well great support (means shit now I know..) and he never whined about problems with mana. (no he didnt have a spriest)

So.. either you suck (http://wowwebstats.com/fhhlcvq14jvei?s=311613-340560 looks like a pretty good ret - oh snap 5.8k dps on patch) or you are uninformed or a troll.

Basically I agree with the "rofl", and stand by my statement.. any paladin feeling underpowered should kill themselves, because paladins in general - and rets are far from balanced

Now, before you flame me with omg1500 ect.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...27jin&n=strafe - my rogue
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...%27jin&n=felos - my (retired after bc because paladins are rediculous) paladin - oh look a gladiator (no not as ret but I played 2k+ in 2s as ret)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...%27jin&n=tzyar - my warrior - oh look another gladiator maybe this guy actually has some experience in arenas

Posted you a perfectly good wws so you can see that rets are fine pve wise, dont think I need any proof for holy pve or pvp and to sum it all up http://www.arenajunkies.com/char/US/...jaeden/Euneek/ a ret with 2.6/2.4/2.2 ratings in 2v2/3v3/5v5 respectively.

So, Get informed.

/edit: Woah, Like WHOJAAAAAAA back the fuck up here - I just saw you play 1530 with 52 games and you have a betrayer... aiiiiiieeee im blind, why did I even spend time writing this post. /wrist

/edit^2(I remembered some shit): 2 more things
    1. 90% of all paladins now weren't paladins before 3.0 and only rerolled coz of imba ret on betarealm and even if they were palas they all sucked - how many palas were there in highrated arena - thats right, not alot look at shit now.. (http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/ lets play count the paladins)
    2. Palas whining for more atm is just so rediculous look at the improvements palas got from bc (where palas were fine) to wotlk. (rediculous - and moreso in 3.1 aura mastery anyone?) Just like a bunch of spoilt brats that cant get enough sweets, i hope all you idiots get massive metaphoric tooth decay.
    1. Blue text looks cool.
    2. L2Spell, kk?
    _________________ _____
    |==============| | |___\
    | F A I L | | |
    |==============| |____||]
    (@)(@) (@)(@)=(@)

Your Fail shipment has arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerelic
    Frankly, I think you have a point on a few things, but its clear you don't play or understand a LK Ret Pally

1. Who gives a shit about the color of the text? Honestly, i like the color blue, though.
    2.If you have 600 Resil and you're getting hit for 6k SoC judgements you're a damn liar. Unless the ret pally has wings + trinket, SoC just plain doesnt hit that hard in pvp, not with out full buffs. SoB/SotM are complete crap in pvp currently, you'll kill yourself against any comp that has a healer.
    3. Melee swings are a big part of our dps, since they do deliver the seals we use, they account for more than 50% of our damage in raids, and with out it you would feel a tickle from a ret pally. Healing yourself is useful in pvp, might even save your life, but its a crit based proc that randomly allows you to instant cast a FoL. Burst dps needs to be bursty, not 2 globals for raping you followed by a global to heal ourselves, to stop all attacks for ~2 seconds (the global used on FoL, and at least .5 sec of melee swing timer lost usually), thats just plain too long to give your partner to heal you. But more than that, a 1500 heal is less health then an arms warrior regenerates when you try to CC him.
    4. This is hilarious, ok, that ret pally has ~5500 mana, 2 HL = 2600 mana, you then assume that the pally needs to heal himself as well, so 5200 mana, a pally can pop bubble, filling both his and his partner's hp to full, and start the fight with 300 mana. He cant use Wings for another 30 secs. If your team has any ability to drain mana, you just won the match cause the ret pally will be unable to do anything other than wander around melee swinging at you.
    5. I can't make a response to you bitching about 1v1 and getting counter comp'd or whatever it is that you're rambling about with your terrible grammar, but let me say this, if you're getting killed by a ret pally, you are a terrible fucking rogue. With dismantle and stun lock you can force a pally to bubble before he ever even hits you. If the pally pops both his trinket and HoF to stop your stun lock you still have CoS, Evasion, and Blind to get away so you can prepare to do it all over again, since now hes completely fucking defenseless. Throw in the fact that because hes defenseless hes also very susceptible to w/e help your partner can bring, and if you play with a disc priest he might as well not even bother popping that bubble. Ret pallies are easily the squishiest melee dps class, no other melee class gets its face pushed in as hard as ret pallies do, we have Bubble and the ability to remove 1 stun every 30 seconds. Meanwhile you play a class that has never died to a warlock, and can kill most clothies with out trouble, if it werent for DK/Holy Pally everywhere Disc priest/Rogue would have no competition all the way to 2200+.
    6. The buff to ret mana has nothing to do with their power in arena, but if you must know, its to compensate for the loss of Spiritual Attunement, since ret will no longer gain mana from being healed. Which is fair, considering every other class in the game that uses mana has a self sufficient way of replenishing mana.
    7. Did you seriously just reference Sunwell? A ret pally in SW was there because people liked him and he was good at the class, not because he was good in comparison to all the other people at the raid. Ret pallies in BC did pathetic amounts of damage compared to every other dps class except shadow priests. Besides, referencing an instance that required guilds to bring as many locks and shamans as they could find just to meet the dps requirements adds little to the credibility of your argument.

This last part where you started linking dps parses and you find a 1min 59sec patchwerk where a ret pally is doing 5800 dps, thats fucking pathetic, mysteriously hes 11th on dps, OH, I KNOW, thats because your dps looks good when you only parse 2 fucking minutes of it, and even then it doesnt look good when you compare it to all the other 2min clips from dps classes that arent under performing. The tank did 3300 dps too, man hes good.

I didnt bother looking at your characters, cause frankly i dont care, you dont play a ret pally, and just because 1 guy out there broke 2k as ret you think the class is fine, its horribly unrepresented because its incapable of defending itself, it has 1 real defense mechanism, which is easily dispelled by priests, so if your opponent has a priest on his team you're basically a giant target. Bubble is amazing, but its use in PvP is over rated, once a match you can heal yourself to full and wipe all negative effects on me, awesome, except we dont have anyway of preventing us from immediately having to use it, so it just allows us to double our short life span.

As a rogue, i can't understand how you could think ret pallies are fine, we crumple like wet paper to a good rogue, well, i guess i answered my own question...

/edit: Woah, Like WHOJAAAAAAA back the fuck up here - I just saw you're terrible. Rogue forums are that way >>>

Ok, first for the trolls..

Horn, please.. just dont comment on PvP you obviously dont have a clue.
    Ronark, less than 4k kills no arena teams? I'm sure you know alot about PvP - Protip: dont socket prismatic gems into red.
    Vazor, I have a paladin and was verry successful with him - probably the best on my realms horde side..

Bluerelic..

1. Comes down to taste I guess, makes you look like an attentionwhoring idiot in my eyes.
    2. SoC? Who said SoC? We were talking about SoB/SoM and yeah i agree 5-8k judgement crits just really suck dont they.
    3. PVP damage not PVE...
    4. So, If your partner is being killed you also magically lose all your hp and need to heal yourself? Seems logical.. PLUS if your judging each CD you will NEVER go oom thats also what im talking about in 6. Mana classes never going OOM in PvP just isn't right or you might as well have energy or rage.
    5. Yeah, dismantle really helps vs judgements your right.. and if you even think about trinketing a rogues stuns as a pally you are clearly bad. And well obviously you dont know good clothies.. 1v1 vs a not totally bad Frostmage = free loose as rogue nowardays. The destro i played with was about 50:50 (either i nuke him while using cds to not be seduced or die during 2. set of seduces if he survives and priests well shadow is ridiculously bad at the moment and good holy is about 50:50 again.
    6. See above.
    7. So you have alot of sunwell experience as i see.. I'd love to link you some of the Such A Thing (eu gul'dan) WWS'es Where their ret paladin (Ashoram) was doing perfectly well on dps - Yes after the "pure" dps classes - the way it should be in my eyes - but still not miles away from them.

Whats wrong about 11. as a Hybrid? he's on par with other hybrids and even in front of a few pure dd's

Well obviously you should have looked at my chars and you might have seen that i did play ret in PvP.
    So what your saying is that every ret should be over 2k? Seems Fair.. lol.. what I'm Showing you is that a ret that dosnt wasdturn and backpedal like you probably do can be very high rated and be a gladiator and shouldent be whining about their class being underpowered. And yes i know rogues are perfectly capable of doing so too.

Oh and you have 4k kills and also no arena teams wow all these ppl here with serious PvP experience but thank you for actually replying in a real way to my post showing me that not everyone here is an idiot (see ppl like Horn) and acknowledge that i made some valid points.

Also please elaborate on my terrible - 2.1k rated with a destro? http://wowwebstats.com/eckugt32zzaj5?s=73687-123688 5k dps on a 3min 14s patch kill also seems quite good to me.

This was posted on the first page, and probably forgotten about this far in. But, this just made me die a little inside.

reightous vengeance - this dot now causes 200% of ur ap + 200% of ur SP over 8 seconds every time and is not affected by wich ability u use.
    Let's see. In a raid where I'm buffed, flasked, well fed and my fury of the five flight trinket ha 20 stacks I push well over 7000 attack power.

14k+ damage over 8 seconds is what you think we need, and that doesn't even include spell power.

Please people. Think, then speak.

10+ Year Old Account

Ronark, less than 4k kills no arena teams? I'm sure you know alot about PvP - Protip: dont socket prismatic gems into red.
    Vazor, I have a paladin and was verry successful with him - probably the best on my realms horde side..

Bluerelic..

1. Comes down to taste I guess, makes you look like an attentionwhoring idiot in my eyes.
    2. SoC? Who said SoC? We were talking about SoB/SoM and yeah i agree 5-8k judgement crits just really suck dont they.
    3. PVP damage not PVE...
    4. So, If your partner is being killed you also magically lose all your hp and need to heal yourself? Seems logical.. PLUS if your judging each CD you will NEVER go oom thats also what im talking about in 6. Mana classes never going OOM in PvP just isn't right or you might as well have energy or rage.
    5. Yeah, dismantle really helps vs judgements your right.. and if you even think about trinketing a rogues stuns as a pally you are clearly bad. And well obviously you dont know good clothies.. 1v1 vs a not totally bad Frostmage = free loose as rogue nowardays. The destro i played with was about 50:50 (either i nuke him while using cds to not be seduced or die during 2. set of seduces if he survives and priests well shadow is ridiculously bad at the moment and good holy is about 50:50 again.
    6. See above.
    7. So you have alot of sunwell experience as i see.. I'd love to link you some of the Such A Thing (eu gul'dan) WWS'es Where their ret paladin (Ashoram) was doing perfectly well on dps - Yes after the "pure" dps classes - the way it should be in my eyes - but still not miles away from them.

Whats wrong about 11. as a Hybrid? he's on par with other hybrids and even in front of a few pure dd's

Well obviously you should have looked at my chars and you might have seen that i did play ret in PvP.
    So what your saying is that every ret should be over 2k? Seems Fair.. lol.. what I'm Showing you is that a ret that dosnt wasdturn and backpedal like you probably do can be very high rated and be a gladiator and shouldent be whining about their class being underpowered. And yes i know rogues are perfectly capable of doing so too.

Oh and you have 4k kills and also no arena teams wow all these ppl here with serious PvP experience but thank you for actually replying in a real way to my post showing me that not everyone here is an idiot (see ppl like Horn) and acknowledge that i made some valid points.

Also please elaborate on my terrible - 2.1k rated with a destro? http://wowwebstats.com/eckugt32zzaj5?s=73687-123688 5k dps on a 3min 14s patch kill also seems quite good to me.
    I hardly PvP, and when I did it was when I was Holy. Why Arena when you can fk'n kill a simple healer with very little resilience...

Also, raising a DK and working on Powerleveling both Enchanting, Blacksmithing, Cold Weather Flying, and Swift Flying is VERY expensive. I.E. I don't have the money/badges to replace my Prismatics. From my P.O.W., I'll wait until Ulduar when I have upgrades already to improve upon gear.

Also (assuming you saw my Armory Page) you'll notice the 4-5k achievement points... that said, I work on other things than PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyverner322
    Go die please. Those are terribad ideas since you want to buff an already OP class. Jesus.
    /couldn't agree more.
    War doesn't decide who's right, It decides who's left.
    FOR PONY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Horn

1. Fear blue text
    2. SoM/SoB do not do *shit loads* of damage, try again
    3. *instantheals*? Right, ill reset my swing timer to do even more shitty dps
    4. Ret can't heal *substantial* ammounts
    5. Yes, ret does alot of damage to targets with 100 resilience or lower
    6. SoB glyph currently increases mana regened through SA from 10%=>11%, huge right?
    7. By "mana managment" do you mean using dark runes/mana potions/Blessing of sacrifice/seal of wisdom/standing in the fire constantly? Because that had nothing to do with "Being able to play".

Get informed.
    Sadly, the majority of the info you posted there is out-dated 3.0 info. 3.1 changed much of this, so I suggest you educate yourself a bit more before telling others to "get informed."

An idea I posted in another thread - successful Crusader Strike crits grant haste rating (as for how much, IDK - I'm not a math genius). Beneficial in PvE, but not OP in PvP. I also think the idea to add 2/4/6 expertise to Swift Retribution is a good one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    4.) Hallowed Attire, Tier 3. Requires 10 Points in Protection. : Increases your Spell Power by 1/2/3 for every 720 Armor Value you have. (This is about 90-95 SP for Holy Paladins, 55-60 SP for Ret, and 100-105 SP for Prot given armor values on Live).

Just some ideas. I would rather see an Armor Value -> SP rather than an Armor Value -> AP talent so it is viable for Holy Paladins as well (since they, alongside Ret, would be the only ones to wear cloth/leather/mail). Having talents to give reason to jump into the other trees is a nice treat as well.
    Honestly, I think this idea is quite good. With Divine Guardian looking very enticing for Retadins and Healadins alike, it'd sure be nice to have a useful place for the extra 4 points in prot. BiS ret gear shouldn't be leather - it just shouldn't.

I'd be super happy and quite content if I could see all three of these changes added in.

Noob: Nerf Retris they liek all Op and stuff I has maeg lvl 75 wiff 50 resilience and retri lvl 80 go and maek me die in 1 sec WTF?!?!?!

Me: Write a ticket UAHAHAHUAHUAHUHUA.

No but seriously, give Crusader Strike a MS effect!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bewbslól
    No but seriously, give Crusader Strike a MS effect!!!
    Yeah and let's let it interupt spells and slow their movement speed by 90% aswell!

Oh wait, let's not.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

wai give more talents? dont we have enough now?

I know I love having 12 worthless talent points left over for Ret PVE. It is obviously pro class and spec design on blizzards part.

Bluerelic..

3. PVP damage not PVE...
    6. See above.

U may know how to play a paladin BC but alot have changed.
    1. No comment
    2.Raid Buffed 5300 AP all buffs i can have SoB hits for 8-9k whit wings.I dont have the best gear but i know that when some1 is hitting u for 8k in arena he must play in pve gear and have alot of buffs. I hit for 5-6 k crits in arena.. on some1 whit almoste no res.
    3. o strage isent it that a rouges PVP dmg have alot more % of total dmg WHEN ur swing time is max around 2.50.. We have about 3.30 in pvp gear whit no haste. = we will hit 2 times for around 1300 for each judgement, CS and DS
    4. Paladins are dead after using bubbel. We have no movement increesing skill, no imba shields to put on ourslef we only have 1 stun and 1 bubble.
    5. Fail agein. Yes it dose not help ageinst Judgement but it is kind of usefull when we can't do CS or DS...so we loose about 1/2 of our dmg.
    6. Paladins needed a buff in there mana reg. Horde pallys had SoB allthrue BC ally did not. Ally paladin had NO mana return at all.
    7.WTF Sunwell exp????? right give us time when? after the mayor buff to retpaladins when sunwell got nerfed? THen i can belive u. At 3.0 we were rocking everything up and down. even pure dps. I dont have Sunwell XP but a close RL m8 have. He was pulling 3k dps on brutalus at 3.0 in hes offspecc gear.

Ret paladins have burst. on a short fight like a 2 min patch fight we can easy hold 6k dps whit good gear. Can u link a sapphiron fight? is he 6k dps? prob not. maybe around 5k.

Any1 whit real arena XP hopefully know that a ret pally can do alot of dmg, but he is also easy to kite and CC. and Kill. Like a holypaladin he is very soft after he used bubble.

And plz dont brag about ur rating. It have nothing to do whit if u know tha Wotlk paladin class well or not, especelly ret. Cus there are not many of the up around 2100 rating where u play

I personal would like to see something like this:

Righteous Vengeance
    Your holy critical strikes cause the opponent to take 8/16/25% additional damage over 6 sec and targets effected by Consecration take an additional 5/10/15% more damage from Righteous Vengeance. (This would make RV work from seal dmg, exo, judgment and redone DS. Hopefully this will allow these talents to equal more then around 5-8% total dmg increase while not effecting Rets burst in PVP.)

Divine Storm
    An instant weapon attack that causes 90% of weapon damage as Holy to up to 4 enemies within 8 yards. The Divine Storm heals up to 3 party or raid members totaling 25% of the damage caused. Heals are 100% critical if effected person in inside Consecration. (this would make DS a more fitting 51 pointer while not making it OP. Once other talents are added it should sit near 100% weapon dmg yet again.)

Swift Retribution
    Your auras also increase casting, ranged and melee attack speeds by 1/2/3% and you gain 3/6/9% of you haste rating as critical rating. (thought this would be a cool idea since Swift Retribution seems a be weak compared to imp moonkin while still staying original)

Sacred Cleansing
    Your Cleanse spell has a 33/66/100% chance to remove double the normal effects and increase the target's resistance to Disease, Magic and Poison by 30% for 10 sec if under the effects of Sacred Shield.

Reckoning
    Gives you a 3/6/9% chance after being hit by any damaging attack that the next 4 weapon swings within 8 sec generate an additional attack as holy damage.

Quote Originally Posted by olovelyone
    Sadly, the majority of the info you posted there is out-dated 3.0 info. 3.1 changed much of this, so I suggest you educate yourself a bit more before telling others to "get informed."
    Wasn't outdated when i posted, troll elsewhere
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag