Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Comment and Suggestions for my UI

I updated my UI hopefully for the last time, anyone think it is good enough to upload on WoW Interface?

I wouldn't upload it till I get my 80 account reactivated and raid frames setup if any are out of line.

lets try to get myself back on track here, the updated screen shot -

I'm gonna nit pick here, so bear with me.

First of all, is there something beneath the 2 smaller bars? If not, you could save screen space by moving them down to level with the bigger bars.

By doing the above, you can move the player/target frames right on level with the smaller bars, thus saving even more space.

Then you could change the cast bar to match the size between the 2 smaller bars(this might just be me, I'm a little ocd for symmetry)

After which you could move the cooldown/debuff frame into the center of the screen, between the player/target frames(on top of the ToT frame i suppose)

Whats up with that green dot in the top corner? Just curious on that one.

Line up the buffs with the top of the screen.(that's my symmetry ocd talking again)

Change the quartz texture to match the unit frames.(not only is the the symmetry ocd, but that tube texture looks really funky on a square background)

Other then that... i mean, there's not much wrong, grid might be in a weird spot, but that's personal and anyone who download the ui could move that.

Overall it's fine, i just kinda feel like there's a lot of wasted space

the obvious problem with the ui is the 1minute remaining untill your ticket is serviced... no way thats correct.

Green dot is my pally power, I normally play on my paladin, but I currently don't have access so it is just floating around.
    The have the buffs down so there is room for GM tickets, yes I make them alot :P

Also, I had already waited for 2 hours on that ticket.

I was wondering exactly what mods you were using, mainly the unit frame if you could post a picture of your addon window or list them that would be great. Been looking for a while trying to find a good Unit frame. Same goes to that shaman with the HUD

Quote Originally Posted by Healadin
    I was wondering exactly what mods you were using, mainly the unit frame if you could post a picture of your addon window or list them that would be great. Been looking for a while trying to find a good Unit frame. Same goes to that shaman with the HUD
    The unit frames are pitbull, although i dont know the texture he's using for the bars.

The shamans HuD is probably ArcHud, but i could be wrong, there are a ton of hud mods out there.

The backgrounds on things are made with KGpanels(or eepanels)

Couldent say for sure what the bar mod is, the most common one out there is bartender.

Castbar is Quartz

Raid frames are Grid

I feel special giving you a name for it :P

One thing I would suggest from looking at your Addons folder is, I'd recommend switching failbot for
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ntfailbot.aspx
    much better
    Other than that I'd try and space save down the bottom so you can move the UF's lower down, they kinda get in the way there :P
    Other than that, looks good

Thank you for the new FailBot, and I will be updating the screens again shortly aswell as a WoW Interface link xD

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness Seraph
    The unit frames are pitbull, although i dont know the texture he's using for the bars.

The shamans HuD is probably ArcHud, but i could be wrong, there are a ton of hud mods out there.

The backgrounds on things are made with KGpanels(or eepanels)

Couldent say for sure what the bar mod is, the most common one out there is bartender.

Castbar is Quartz

Raid frames are Grid
    MetaHUD actually
    I don't know whose UI are you talking about when you mention KGpanels. I don't use it.
    Yes, bars are Bartender.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Isabis

Way to much wasted space imo. I keep my bars really freaking small. I keep omen either off most of the time (I have learned what I can do before pulling threat on my dps, I put out enough threat that no dps has to watch omen as a tank, and my druid healer doesn't draw threat unless something is wrong) or extremely minimized when it is on. I also don't like the location of the map. I like everything being near the bottom of the screen except for health bars (just can't get used to them being anywhere near the bottom of the screen). Those are just personal nitpicks though.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

I don't like it at all, no offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkent
    - why do you have recount enabled in combat? It distracts you when you are not 1st on list and makes you do more mistakes in fight (get aggro, die in void zone etc.)
    Better question is why you have recount on at all. Recount is to put it nicely, A HUGE FREAKING RESOURCE HOG THAT IS COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY UNLESS YOU WANT BRAGGING RIGHTS.

Seriously, most of the people that bitch about lag in raids are bitching about it because they are using recount to make sure they are always in the top 5. Recount just hogs resources to the point that your fps drops 5-10 when you are in an actual boss fight. No good UI actually includes recount. Recount is a tool that should be used by raid and guild leaders to figure out if the new dps they just picked up was worth getting and rather they should be raiding or not. There is no other use for it.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

I use Recount Threat as I prefer it to Omen.

EDIT: Also as a healer I liked to have Damage Taken so I can see what killed a tank and where the scew up was.
    EDIT2: Also once I get the new screens up the minimap is moved to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Better question is why you have recount on at all. Recount is to put it nicely, A HUGE FREAKING RESOURCE HOG THAT IS COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY UNLESS YOU WANT BRAGGING RIGHTS.

Seriously, most of the people that bitch about lag in raids are bitching about it because they are using recount to make sure they are always in the top 5. Recount just hogs resources to the point that your fps drops 5-10 when you are in an actual boss fight. No good UI actually includes recount. Recount is a tool that should be used by raid and guild leaders to figure out if the new dps they just picked up was worth getting and rather they should be raiding or not. There is no other use for it.
    Are you sure Recount lowers FPS by such a huge amount?
    If it does is it only when it's shown or also when it's hidden?
    I would like you to give me honest answer coz this is my usual FPS in Dalaran and raids:

Once again Updated.

likely has to do with your system, i run a billion addons, including recount, and still get 30+ fps during a boss fight, and thats just a middle road system on my part.

i was talking about the ops ui in all those lines but the one about your hud

Edit:

That new picture is MUCH better, it's starting to shape up well.

All i see here is -

Those spaces, are you attached to them? If you removed the spaces you could make your UI level, IE, keep it all in line with the 2 panels on the side, instead of over the top(symmetry)

Ascetically speaking, the minimap could use its own panel to if your going to move it down into the bars, it looks kinda out of place otherwise.

I am still working on it, plus I am also playing Pokemon Platinum on my new DSi at the same time so I take breaks :P

You removed the picture i was talking about and put up a new one while i edited my post! I liked that version more :-/

This!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness Seraph
    likely has to do with your system, i run a billion addons, including recount, and still get 30+ fps during a boss fight, and thats just a middle road system on my part.
    Damn, was hoping to improve my FPS from ~10 to ~15. :<

Dropping some addons would produce some improvement, don't get me wrong, but you wont see yourself go from 10fps to 50 by removing them.

If you can afford to drop, or find a light version of the addons you think need to go, then you'll see at least a bit of improvement.