Thread: Hard Modes

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Hard Modes

Hi folks!

As we all know Ulduar will have different modes of encounters. What makes me wonder is if its worth of going for hard modes? I mean what will you get from it, some crappy loot so you can replace it with 3.2 raid 10 mans stuff? Blizz is so happy with Hard modes atm that they dont see other things like "what to do?". In tbc it was like "wow dude, you killed Kael, gz man!", now its like "i killed sarth 3d!" "who cares..."

Do you think that hard modes will give us more raiding and will to raid same raid for months?

Deleted

Re: Hard Modes

Quote Originally Posted by SadWarrior

I mean what will you get from it, some crappy loot so you can replace it with 3.2 raid 10 mans stuff?
    Why bother doing any raid? Why bother getting any loot? Why bother playing the game in the first place? Hmm?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet
    Why bother doing any raid? Why bother getting any loot? Why bother playing the game in the first place? Hmm?
    err... for fun?

err... for fun?
    Lol...this is exactly the point of Swiftfeet...

Why do you bother playing if you want hard modes just for loot?

FOR THE ACHIEVEMENT!!!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Dude seriously i really hope the content in this patch is harder then this easy mode shit all of us have to deal with. sarth 3D is a joke one u get everyone to pay attention. Nax is a failure in comparison to what it used to be. These so called hard modes better live up to there name cause alot of people are getting bored with how easy wow raiding is atm.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][/url[url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][/url

Why bother living, you are only going to die one day anyway, why not just get it over with?

inb4 ban
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by meteuremu
    Dude seriously i really hope the content in this patch is harder then this easy mode shit all of us have to deal with. sarth 3D is a joke one u get everyone to pay attention. Nax is a failure in comparison to what it used to be. These so called hard modes better live up to there name cause alot of people are getting bored with how easy wow raiding is atm.
    you're the only one who understood my concern

speedruns for dragons in the near future tbh!
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    I may regret saying this, but it is hard. If Sarth +3 was too much for you, then you probably want to steer clear of the hard modes and Mr. Algalon. The achievement is called "He feeds on your tears" for a reason.
    should answer your question
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

I love how people have gotten into the habit of saying Sarth 3D was a joke now that as the next patch comes, they're finally completing it. In my opinion, unless you were one of those who did sarth 3D in the first couple weeks, it was harder then you'd care to admit. Also, the fact that SSC/TK required an attunement at first, did add to the amount of time it took for it to be cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassShardx
    I love how people have gotten into the habit of saying Sarth 3D was a joke now that as the next patch comes, they're finally completing it. In my opinion, unless you were one of those who did sarth 3D in the first couple weeks, it was harder then you'd care to admit. Also, the fact that SSC/TK required an attunement at first, did add to the amount of time it took for it to be cleared.
    I semi-agree. Mostly because the first guy in the thread to call sarth3d easy is a guy without the achievement. I mean maybe he has it on another character other then the two that he has signature pictures for.

It's funny how people call Sarth 3D easy and stuff when everyone has been struggeling if only for a little while with it.

Yes when you have done it loads of times of course it will become easy, if it had to be hard it meant that the fight had to change everytime you tried it......

When you've taken a boss down ones it gives you the experience of the fight, which means you now know when to do what, and what not to do...

if you call it an easy fight it means that you oneshot or 2-shot the fight, which i'm pretty sure none have done so far?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unatural View Post
    * 80% of all Raid bosses is Melee Unfriendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Aren't raid bosses supposed to be unfriendly? I thought that's why we were trying to kill them.

Some people like challenges, and at the same time, don't like cockblocks that can lead to a guild disband (read: Vashj) and deny you progressing for a long time. So to counter this simple solution we have hard mode. The best loot now drops from hard mode which means if you want to aim for the very best in slot, you need to do hard mode, however you are in no way obliged to do it to "see" the instance.

This also gives them a lot of flexibility when designing encounters which is nice. I expect the hard mode Arthas to be insanely hard, involve a load of phases as well as potential friendly npcs, where as the normal mode will probably be quite bland and boring.

Also - a guild in full best in slot hard mode gear vs a guild who has cleared and farmed Ulduar on normal modes - who is better off for when 3.2 raid hits?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

The Hard Modes should be the way the bosses are anyway....for example:

OMG WE KILLED MURU!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG WE KILLED YOGG-SARON IN HARD MODE!!!!!

Which sounds a bit more meaningful?? Yes I did compare a Naruu to an Old God, but still, Muru has more significance in this case because he is already the hard mode, he doesn't need to be said IN HARD MODE or whatever, that's what the game should be brought back to, just 1 mode no bullshit hard modes, if you can't play the game then l2p, if you can play but in a shite guild well that's you're problem to sort.

To make this example appear to Ulduar solely....

OMG WE KILLED ALAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG WE KILLED YOGG-SARON IN HARD MODE!!!!!

See? Alagon has only 1 version, and that is Alagon how you will always fight him, not have an easy and a hard mode, it's just the same mode. Sure hard modes might add in longevity and make encounters a bit more dynamic... but meh... ah whats the use.

it's algalon not alagon....

And the reason why blizz does this is as they have said hundreds of times now, is so people can get to see all the content, while still having the best of players able to do the hardest of the content....

I really don't get why people always have to show that they're better than others, and tell everyone else that if they can't do they just have to "f**k off", I think it's arrogant and not a very nice way to behave...
    Aren't raid bosses supposed to be unfriendly? I thought that's why we were trying to kill them.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Excuse the spelling mistake. But that's the thing Tinno, people will always want to prove themselves better someway. Everyone looks the same, achievements are just the way to it huh.... Ah well.

Yes you can prove your better than someone else, but you don't have to get everyone else to go away just because you can do something they can't... maybe they don't want to, maybe they don't have the time for it... Blizz adresses this point of view and therefore there are normal and hard modes now

you're the only one who understood my concern
    Not to call you out, but he was the only person who didn't blatantly disagree with your sentiment, to say he was the only person who understood (and everyone else in here has no reading comprehension) is really not doing anyone a service. Instead why not try to explain why those who want to point out that any and all raiding is sort of pointless if you look at it from a certain angle (as is pretty much everything else) are wrong in their analysis and response. In this case, you framed it as being pointless from the perspective of replacing gear you get when 3.2 happens, which WILL happen. Just like I replaced Kael loot when BT hit, and BT loot when sunwell hit.

Now, perhaps you want to know if the rewards for doing hardmodes will increase. Perhaps you would like to know that, and this has been semi-confirmed by blue and is logically true, hard modes will drop weapons. Specifically either yogg or algalon, or both, will drop the best pve weapons in the game.

Other than that, a little birdy told me that titles, mounts, plain old prestige, and most importantly, CHALLENGE, all await you in hard modes. And if i get my wish, maybe a mini-pet or two as well.

Will you replace most of those things in the next content patch? Probably. There will be new mounts, new titles, and there's always new gear. However, I would argue that now, more than ever before in the history of WoW raiding, there are many more persistant or pseudo persistant limited time only pve raiding rewards. Things like server first titles, limited release 310 speed mounts, and titles challenging enough that most people will not rerun the old instances on the slim chance they will get them (immortal) - all stay quite sexy. I know I'll be rocking Immortal and my black proto drake well into this coming patch, and likely Immortal will never leave my frequently used titles list.

To OP, thats just the mentality these days. No one really cares if people down stuff anymore because we all have this notion that "who the fk cares, its been done 10x over".

Sad thing is, its true. Nothing is really special anymore. Even with hard modes, people won't give a crap for to long.
    Then, like you said, a new patch will come out along with better gear.
    Though imo I don't think Ulduar hard mode gear will be replaced all that fast.

I play this game to get my mind off my crappy daily life & to have some fun with friends. Little pixels with numbers just helps me with that, its not the reason I play. So just enjoy it for what it is, a game.