Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Prot no more needed sry my qq

Protadins are in the best position they have been in...ever. (PvE and PvP)
    Sure there are area's that we are not so dominant but who cares, if we were all exactly the same there would be no class individuality... just a Tank.

I agree with the previous poster that Bliz has actually done a decent job in balancing the tank classes. (There are gimmick fights where one class is better than another, but who cares, its still possible with any of them)

As many people have said 'its a case of bringing the player and not the class'
    If the OP isnt happy about his class then great.

As for tanking i probly go holy seems like it be more useful after the patch.
    Best news ever, one less bad tank

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chivas

You are a moron, please uninstall World of Warcraft, or at least roll a different class so you don't make other paladins look bad.
    /agree

1) Unholy Death Knights do beat us in aoe threat, yea thats one Spec of one tanking class. So what and as for snap threat, paladins win out. If you know how to gather adds paladins beat warriots hands down.

2) Paladins have the best burst threat. Wings > Avenger's Shield > Hammer > Judge > ShotR (and by then greatness will have proced)

3) Paladins are the only tanks that can be block capped passively. AND with some pieces of Avoidance + BV gear coming out. yea its good game.

4) The only area we fall behind in is spell damage resistance, which is why a good tank will have an off helm with that meta gem in there with it.

- You must really be that bad to be falling behind.

I put out the best single target threat in my guild (not on undead mobs), and am the most skilled adds tank.

stop putting everyone else down.

here's his armory. laugh away:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...fang&n=Darkkat

seeing as he doesn't have any real threat talents i can see why he fails.
    and what's the point of 1 point in Benediction if you have 2/2 imp Judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystus
    The only real problem with prot pally tanks is the whole blocking mechanic.

As bosses continue to hit harder and everyone gets more armor and health, block value and being unhitable just isn't worth it.

When you get to these hard hitting gimmick bosses where you are getting hit for 25k or more per swing, the difference between unhitable and having no block at all won't even make you survive 2 more seconds.

If you took all of those ilvl points from block related gear and traded them for stam or pure avoidance (DK gear), you'd have better survivability (and would likely survive an extra swing from those bosses).

They can't fix it by giving us more block value because being unhitable with 5-6kish more block value would make us ridiculously overpowered at aoe tanking. You might not even need healers for the physical damage mob packs.

They'll either need to stop making these ridiculously hard hitting bosses (perhaps make them just swing faster) or they'll need to change block value to a percentage modifier like armor.
    I think blocking will get better as content increases tbh - you've got approximately the same stam on BV and on pure-heavy pieces, so comparing just the BV and pure avoidances we'll be losing approximately nothing to gain our BV because of DRs, which will only get worse - and tbh, the only avoidance stat that's any decent atm is dodge when the caps for miss and parry are so low (~16% and 44% respectively), and parry is so expensive even before DRs.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

All tanks are viable to raiding, enuf said, all have little differences but hey that's how it goes, do we really want more class homogenization???? And this is how it leads to it: "Only if I had the X skill a X Class had, I'd be a much better tank then!"

Terrible Pally is Terrible

Seriously, if I ever seen a druid put out more threat than me i would delete my character, its just plain not happening. Go play your druid full time, clearly you read all the patch notes and you're happy with all the "buffs" they got, go ahead, the pally community would love to not have to lynch mob you again.

The only only place i would say paladin tanks are not as good as any other tank is tanking sarth 3D..

But.. who wants too stand doing nothing just spamming threat.. its my job too pick up the drakes.. im glad it is.. imo the most fun part of the encounter.

Ask youself.. would you rather stare at the backside of a bare, while you spam your keybinds? I wouldnt.

Tbh im so glad i rolled a paladin to tank. Amesome class, Awesome spec.

15+ Year Old Account

Ok im really sorry about this but I quit reading after seeing the OPs first and second post. I could barely understand what he was even talking about, how am i suposed to believe he knows what he's saying... ???

Deleted

The OP is a fail paladin. Period. I mean...has all the other healers become obsolete because priests can do good single-target AND AoE healing? That was a rhetoric question, and the answer is of course 'no'. Healers are needed, just as tanks are needed. And variety brings more buffs and strengths to the table. The OP should just learn to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    here's his armory. laugh away:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...fang&n=Darkkat

seeing as he doesn't have any real threat talents i can see why he fails.
    and what's the point of 1 point in Benediction if you have 2/2 imp Judgement.

u laugh at my armory look at your self. what is this I see u have 1 point in Benediction. U have almost the same spec. shouldn't u laugh at your self?????
    As for what i see i am better geared than u and i probly better tank than u.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ands&n=Lumidar

Quote Originally Posted by darkkat

u laugh at my armory look at your self. what is this I see u have 1 point in Benediction. U have almost the same spec. shouldn't u laugh at your self?????

1/5 banaediction is filler; it's completely wasted for you as you have 4 filler in ret excluding that.

As i read on why will raids need a prot pally?
    Because hands down they are the all time best melee and trash tank.

Now that druids can aor swipe. Let alone all the stam 60k
    AoE swipe is going to be about as effective as current swipe (as in still crap for aoe tanking). The fact is that druids are not very good aoe tanks because swipe doesn't do enough threat. You normally need to wait for a druid to get threat before you can dps where as a paladin can front load threat pretty easily. Also, if 60k hp made a good tank druids would be the best tank instead of the worse. The only time your health pool matters more than your avoidance/mitigation is when you are tanking a caster boss and dks already do that better. Not to mention, that hp pool is getting NERFED.

Warriors can thunder clap aoe. Have more cds or as i say oh shit buttons.
    Thunder clap with the rage mechanic is not as powerful as paladin aoe, but more than that its our hammer of righteousness that makes us powerful 4 mob tanks now. Also, paladins can already reliably avoidance cap while still having more avoidance and mitigation than a warrior. If you don't get into any oh shit situations you don't need any oh shit buttons. I normally don't even bother popping my divine protection anymore as it is because I simply don't take the kind of back to back hits that need constant healing that warriors take.

DK tanks have aoe. Also alot of oh shit buttons.
    They need those and more because their avoidance SUCKS. Also, all of those are getting changed to 2 minutes, so they won't even come close to a paladin when it comes to both trash tanking and melee tanking. They are still the best caster tank.

This what i just seen looks like all pallys are being forsed into holy or ret.
    Lol. That is hilarious, I have never once been asked to go holy by my guild. We have at least 2-3 tanks. Ret is the real lol build after 3.1. Holy isn't bad but they make better single target healers than group healers and its obvious.

Its pre bc all over again. Blizzard = fail on pallys again. :'(
    Why don't you just go even more into how clueless you really are. Paladins are actually the strongest tanks hands down after 3.1.

After 3.1 it goes paladins>warriors>death knights>druids.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you are death tard that is upset because you got buffed to all hell in 3.1 so you came here to make paladins feel like crap while failing on every aspect of your knowledge of the game.

Also, I am a tank, I will always be a tank, I will never be anything else. I heal on my restoration druid from time to time, but in the end I am still a tank. If druid tanks get buffed above paladins then I will go back to my druid but it hasn't happened yet. If dks out performed paladins to the extent you seem to think then I would reroll a dk. Same goes for warriors. Right now, I'm happy knowing that no class comes close to my ability to main tank any mob that is primarily melee damage.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

We lack the avoidance/stam of other classes and the cds that others have over us.
    It just looks like pally tanks wont be needed. My opi.
    yes DS's and Warriors dont have more stam but the cd's make them more useful.
    So, what you're saying is that because your spec and class is not absolutely required that you can no longer tank? This logic seems wrong. No one is going to stop you from tanking. Paladins are still great tanks. Just because warriors, DKs and Druids can do it too, does not mean that you cannot. If there was a boss or encounter that a paladin could not tank then you might have something to complain about, but being on equal ground with other specs/classes does not take away from your ability to play.

LOL.
    Its funny to see how many take the game to the extream.
    And take this personal.
    It is personal. I invested the last 5 months of my life into making a character that could tank and do it well. You come along saying that my class sucks and that I should just go lolret or holy because then I will not suck as bad. I take that VERY personally.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Its pre bc all over again. Blizzard = fail on pallys again. :'(
    OHHHHHH u. You obviously did not play pre-2.0 at all. There's no way this is a serious post, and it's painfully clear now. No one could think that they deserve to be "required"..or maybe they would think that. I don't know or care.

We lack the avoidance/stam of other classes and the cds that others have over us.
    My god you are truly clueless. The fact that you think this and the fact that you think that druids are the best single target threat are both beyond laughable. Hell, a warrior played well has more single target threat than a druid and when we are on top of our game and actually trying we can quite easily pass over a warrior in threat. In fact, we are the top single target threat in the game when played correctly, and we are also the top dps in tanking gear (better than druid even in cat if specced to tank, a dk specced to tank and a warrior specced to tank) which used to matter much more than it will now in all fights but still matters in any fight where you need to start or end with multiple tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    If you do more single target TPS on your Druid then you should stop playing Paladin, go play Druid so you have more valid things to QQ about
    Like a huge nerf to armor and stamina and trading your ability to stay alive to the RNG.

The part I find funniest is my guilds Warrior and Druid constantly complain about pallies being too good

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor
    (that's just analogy to OP, every class can be replaced by another, stop this shit and use your brain. i ddnt think that you guld will replace you, tnking paladin, by random tank dru)
    With his amazing emo abilities and over all lack of knowledge regarding the game, I'm surprised they haven't replaced his paladin tank with a panzer tank by now. As a healer, I'd rather heal a panzer tank then deal with this dude running off at the mouth every pull (and I'm guessing he does that in the game if he will do it on the forums).

Dude, all your gear says is that you were carried through naxx. Just because you have good gear does not mean you are good. For example, your gear isnt half bad, but judging from your original post and your replies, you have no idea how to play a paladin. Therefore, you were carried and many lesser geared paladins are way better than you.