My Shaman Talent Overhaul

Note this is what i did to try and rework the shaman trees becuz i was bored and i want to know your opinions (they are not totally balanced but i did a decent amount)
    First here are some changes id like to propose:
    -All totems are moveable elementals that follow the shaman around like non combat pets with 1 hp
    -When a totem is destroyed by an enemy the shaman gains a 4sec buff +5%healing(water), +5% dmg reduction(earth), +5% spell dmg (fire), and +5% melee dmg(air).

Enjoy the talent trees i made and remember they arent totally balanced!!!

http://www.war-tools.com/t62504.html...13351122331251

all talent points are in there and i believe you can unclick and hopefully it will stay

Re: My Shaman Talent Overhaul

Ok if the link isnt workin tell me and ill try to fix it. never used this site before

honestly, i think its a little weird and definately OP, no offence. i think i can tell ur most likely enh, cause theres a lot there and not much in resto. i do, however, agree that one realistic buff could be the penalty for hiting a totem. i believe that it should also be a penalty based on a talent, most likely in the enh tree. it will prolly be a slow, either mele or movement, since one of our totems already has a stun.

Could you explain in detail whats op about it? and whats exactly weird too

im just curious and as i stated above i didnt bother balancing most of it out since you know it would never happen and yes im enh xD hey if ret gets a whirlwind and feral druids (tanks with the new swipe i believe if they havent changed it) id like one too.....my general idea was to make the elem tree for resto to save more mana and to get more healing outta enh. Also i made elem either have the choice to go into static shock for some more dmg and i upped it to 10% proc rate which i did realise would make enh shamans be refreshin LS alot more... and also i wanted our shields to be a big thing in enh and resto , but yea thats just my thoughts

Currently, I feel like I'm wasting points in tier 1 resto, so I like the placement of Improved Shields there. I would suggest fixing Improved Healing Wave somehow besides the cast time reduction. I don't know what to suggest without making it seem overpowered.

It was very interesting to see the all the Healing Stream Totem love in the resto tree. If such buffs ever happened, I could definitely see Glyph of Healing Stream Totem being a must-have.

Same with the Mana Spring talent. Right now, I feel like those totems are negligible for the amount they provide, yet I put the talent points to improve them and drop them in groups and raids because I can drop them even if the fight is short and they don't really help. It might be too powerful as I don't do the number crunching on these things, but I agree with the intent of the talent as a true improvement for restos on a lackluster base ability.

Healing Way needs to be fixed as well. Even with yours down to 2 points, the main times I use Healing Wave are for heroics when my tank does full room pulls when we steamroll through.

As for the Elemental Tree, the buff to Riptide and Chain Heal in the Concussion Talent would make it a must-have for resto. I like the implementation there.

Moving on to the Enhancement Tree, Shamanistic Focus is amazing for all specs. That may be a bit overpowered, but I love your idea for totems in general, making them less trivial and more worthwhile to our class. They are so easily destroyed and restricted by range that they should be a lot more powerful when you waste precious global cool downs dropping them at every mob.

Shamanistic Insight is awesome too. Definitely not game-breaking and gives us a fighting chance as we are so easily kited and incapacitated in pvp.

Overall, good ideas and great work! I'm sure once you tweak the numbers it will look even better!

i thought it was a little wierd cause i just couldn't see it hapening. i think most of the op comes from the talents in enh, theres like half a dozen different 15sec 3min cds buffs. we have never had a problem with burst damage, which is what those enhance buffs do, we can already pop Shaman Rage and Feral Spirits, and thats that. if you want to buff us, give better talents that grant steady, very even damage, like Booming Echos. i still like the penalty idea for attacking a totem, but i was thinking it should be combined with the stoneclaw totem if it already isn't. any attack on totems while StoneClaw is up will cause stoneclaw stun to proc. it might actually be viable with the new stoneclaw glyph, giving a damage shield to the shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphrodos
    i thought it was a little wierd cause i just couldn't see it hapening. i think most of the op comes from the talents in enh, theres like half a dozen different 15sec 3min cds buffs. we have never had a problem with burst damage, which is what those enhance buffs do, we can already pop Shaman Rage and Feral Spirits, and thats that.
    I do see what you mean it does feel like that there is alot of cooldown abilities in there but i figured youd really only have one additional one if you speced pve and another 1 if ya speced pvp and Earth Shatter is only a 15sec cooldown so it could be put into our rotation....and yes SR and FS are good i would agree but i put those other talents low enough so elem/resto could offspec into them for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Shayera
    Currently, I feel like I'm wasting points in tier 1 resto, so I like the placement of Improved Shields there. I would suggest fixing Improved Healing Wave somehow besides the cast time reduction. I don't know what to suggest without making it seem overpowered.

It was very interesting to see the all the Healing Stream Totem love in the resto tree. If such buffs ever happened, I could definitely see Glyph of Healing Stream Totem being a must-have.

Same with the Mana Spring talent. Right now, I feel like those totems are negligible for the amount they provide, yet I put the talent points to improve them and drop them in groups and raids because I can drop them even if the fight is short and they don't really help. It might be too powerful as I don't do the number crunching on these things, but I agree with the intent of the talent as a true improvement for restos on a lackluster base ability.

Healing Way needs to be fixed as well. Even with yours down to 2 points, the main times I use Healing Wave are for heroics when my tank does full room pulls when we steamroll through.

As for the Elemental Tree, the buff to Riptide and Chain Heal in the Concussion Talent would make it a must-have for resto. I like the implementation there.

Moving on to the Enhancement Tree, Shamanistic Focus is amazing for all specs. That may be a bit overpowered, but I love your idea for totems in general, making them less trivial and more worthwhile to our class. They are so easily destroyed and restricted by range that they should be a lot more powerful when you waste precious global cool downs dropping them at every mob.

Shamanistic Insight is awesome too. Definitely not game-breaking and gives us a fighting chance as we are so easily kited and incapacitated in pvp.

Overall, good ideas and great work! I'm sure once you tweak the numbers it will look even better!

I dont think there is alot to do there without makin healing wave overpowered like you said, i did think about givin it a 5% chance to off chain but since its low lvl your not goin to be doin that much healin in lower instances, but thats my generl opinion and its always better if its faster cast time.

On healing stream totem i do think it could use a buff and prolly in the long run 5 pts just to make it have a crit chance equal to yours might be too many pts becuz i think druids require 1 pt for thier dots and locks require 1 pt also....i think maybe in order to make it up to par id add earthliving HoTs and Riptide possibly but thatd be stretching it i think if i did add Riptide but for a 5 pter it would be nice and this would be a nice way to heal the raid/grp. Was goin to make it raid wide but the healin would have to be reduced so it doesnt heal for too much.

For mana spring i decided to make it like a repelishment buff instead of the replacement for BoW becuz i figured it would still be nice to have a unique buff that regens mana but thats just me...i think besides warriors, rogues, and dks, shamans are the only hybrid that doesnt have the same effect.

Didnt really have a good way to fix healing way tbh and i thought it was good reducin it to 2 talent pts to help get lower tier stuff but yea nothin creative tbh.

I did want to make elem an option for resto to offspec into so i just added some healing with riptide and chain heal for raid healin.

I think im goin to nerf shamanistic focus to 10secs becuz 15 would seem too good and its really not suppose to give you that long of a time. I figured itd be good for if a boss does a soft enrage (when soft enrages actually are something that takes alot of healin to heal through lol) and you need that extra healing power or dmg to burn the boss fast and that way itd be a good offspec for both elem and resto. I did love the idea of our totems actually being of use heh.

I was considering making shamanistic insight passive and makin more ranks but i dont know if it would be good becuz it might waste the proc on something useless and youd be screwed later altho i guess with the change to anticipation it might be a good idea to do that.

Thank you for your feedback