Thread: Necrosis

Necrosis

I recently specced into an unholy / blood dps spec based on an OS10 3D Zerger, I put 5 points into Necrosis for Blood-Caked blade and Shadow of Death.

I'm also using Recount for my damage meters.

I'm not sure if im the only one, but my necrosis only seems to do 1 damage every melee strike?...
    and no, i don't only hit 10 damage each melee strike lol, i hit (on average) hit: 1708 crit: 3487

Does anyone else get this problem? it can't be just recount saying this, because i can also see the 1 damage proccing from Necrosis itself on my UI... any feedback would be great, and if you have nothing constructive to say towards this topic, don't say it.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Necrosis

What were you hitting when your necrosis was doing 1 dmg per hit? I know the dummys used to do something like that (still do?).
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Aah, i was hitting target dummies... is that the problem?
    I often find mobs aren't reliable when it comes to testing dps as a DK, they don't last long enough ><

Ok, just beat some poor deer senseless and it appears to be working, thanks ^^

I have also got this problem earlier.. dunno what it is tho

if the test dummy has 1hp, (it won't go below that) all proc based attacks and whatnot only do 1 damage. Just find a dummy with full health and you'll be fine.

Necrosis does not function on dummies.

Run Naxx10 and see what numbers you wnd up with.

a rough estimate depending on magical damage increasing buffs, is about 7.5% of your overall dps will come from necrosis, which is not bad at all
    all hail king frost strike

Pretty sure necrosis isnt affected by magic-damage increasing buffs, its just 20% at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Blightrose
    Pretty sure necrosis isnt affected by magic-damage increasing buffs, its just 20% at all times.
    you know, thats possible, but i am pretty sure i checked it one time with and without EP up out of curiosity and the 13% was there, but admittedly i may have been drunk at the time. so i could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Blightrose
    This is incorrect on live- it is boosted by all of the stuff that boosts shadow damage- it is also boosted by double dipping with Blood Presence. This is why, when you have 17-20% percent of your damage coming from white attacks, your Necrosis is contributing 6-7% or more- obviously more than 20%.

In 3.1 however, it has been changed to 20% with no extra bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifter
    This is incorrect on live- it is boosted by all of the stuff that boosts shadow damage- it is also boosted by double dipping with Blood Presence. This is why, when you have 17-20% percent of your damage coming from white attacks, your Necrosis is contributing 6-7% or more- obviously more than 20%.

Ok, thank for clearing that up.

Heh, glad to see I can still be right and yet so very, very wrong

So its 20% now, as 3.1 = live...

Besides the double dipping, which has already been pointed out, necrosis deals weapon damage as shadow damage, ignoring armor.

Did none of yall ever dps w/ Necrosis in Blood Pres, while fighting Thadius?

GG Necrosis went wild

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Besides the double dipping, which has already been pointed out, necrosis deals weapon damage as shadow damage, ignoring armor.
    This is technically accurate, but worded to be misleading.

Necrosis does 20% of the damage your melee hit just did, and, as your melee hit is reduced by armor, so too vicariously is necrosis. But it will always be 20% of the white hit. (Or runestike, yes, it does proc from runestrike, and hits for 20% of the runestrike figure)