Thread: Quick question

Quick question

So 3.1 is coming out soon, so I bought a time card lol, any how I wanted to ask my fellow prot palys what they think of my spec and gear. Honesty is ok as I'm not a little scrub that will try. Thanks
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rock&n=Nordonn

Re: Quick question

I threw your char into Rawr (which i recommend you downloading) so I could reitemize.

I suggest putting the Austere Earthsiege Diamond (+32 stam +2% armor value) in your helm along with an Enduring Forest Emerald (+8 defense rating +12 stam). That way you can hit the socket bonus. I also threw in an Enduring Forest Emerald to hit the socket bonus in your shoulders and replaced the stam gem in your red socket of your legs with a Regal Twighlight Opal (+8 dodge +12 stam). This way you have the gemming requirements down for the metagem.

Add the +24 stam enchants to your rings silly

Enchant your weapon too.

These changes give you about 27214 unbuffed health and better mitigation/avoidance. You can opt to drop the defense enchant off your back and replace it with the +225 armor (for better effective health) or off your shield and replace it with +18 stam (for more effective health as well). Otherwise gearing towards avoidance is fine (I prefer it over EH personally, more fun to tank that way imo).

As for your spec, take those 5 points out of benediction and either use them to go 5/5 seals of the pure in the holy tree and then use the other 3 points for more utility, or use those points and the ones in seals of the pure to get to 5/5 conviction in the ret tree.

Other than that you are doing pretty well for yourself atm

Re: Quick question

Hint - logging out in the prot gear to critique helps, rather than ret gear :P

Def/BV or sta/AC meta is debatable tbh, I prefer the Bv one, others prefer the stam, others p[refer sta/magic reduction. Drop benediction/ for one of HotC/PoJ; HotC/2/5 conv or full SotP. Other than that talents are fine; I'd say the def cloak/shield enchants are fine, although if you're over the def soft cap you might want to consider a 40BV or 18sta shield ench depending on preference. Also, 20str on weap for mitigation, that's all I can say until your armoury updates.