Thread: Post Your UI

I wrote to you a bit personally but i'll break it down here too — its a first pass at trying to design a ui that cleanly relies on the player & target nameplates for primary information.

the player unit frame is banished to a simple hp readout above the minimap, information elements such as castbar, cooldown tracking and data are mostly arranged around the minimap and revealed through animation when relevant, and action bars are hidden in that collapsable frame at the bottom — appearing on mouseover or when you open your spell book.

the coloured buttons are the micro buttons for various ui panels. I've already moved these out of the collapsing frame and onto the UI since i want to keep that bottom frame focused around the action buttons:

i might give the border around the game some kind of subtle system of colour changes or animations based on status or something, idk
    Last edited by modernist; 2016-06-23 at 03:26 PM.

The moving minimap on cast would drive me batshit crazy LOL
    Science the shit out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    I wrote to you a bit personally but i'll break it down here too — its a first pass at trying to design a ui that cleanly relies on the player & target nameplates for primary information.

the player unit frame is banished to a simple hp readout above the minimap, information elements such as castbar, cooldown tracking and data are mostly arranged around the minimap and revealed through animation when relevant, and action bars are hidden in that collapsable frame at the bottom — appearing on mouseover or when you open your spell book.

the coloured buttons are the micro buttons for various ui panels. I've already moved these out of the collapsing frame and onto the UI since i want to keep that bottom frame focused around the action buttons:

i might give the border around the game some kind of subtle system of colour changes or animations based on status or something, idk
    I love the look in a lot of ways, but the fonts really stick out to me. Fonts are pretty personal though I guess. Will you be sharing this once your happy? I'd be interested in playing around with it.

Can't wait for this.

yeah i switched the font to an old favourite

swing at a party + loot frame + tooltip

7+ Year Old Account

What chat font is that? Lovely UI!

Quote Originally Posted by Mixe View Post
    What chat font is that? Lovely UI!
    I'd say Helvetica, but the j looks wrong to me- so I dunno.

yeah, close — same swiss type foundry origin. its Unica
    Last edited by modernist; 2016-06-23 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldpaw View Post
    This is my current UI. It's a work in progress, but I think it's starting to look fairly nice!

This is just a single addon, and it's not based on any other existing ones. The artwork is custom, either from scratch or based on my own screenshots from Diablo3. I made it to match D3, yet feel slightly more Warcraft'ish and fit WoW better when using it.

You can find download links and install information over in this forum should you be interested in trying it out. I update that post on a regular basis with no information and announcements!
    Very nice look. I really like the style, its just more fitting to the game than most of these futuristic looking all in one UIs that are around in recent years. Would be nice as a base to add stuff to. I wonder, the unitframes are they just graphically modified with textures and some custom lua or based on known unitframes addon?

http://i.cubeupload.com/wqud0f.png
    I also said it to you while we were both doing our interfaces (hi me in the screenshot lol), I really, really love that. Of course I would change some things - but that are just personal preferences, like always.

And about my UI, only building small parts first, nothing interesting to see. Just tooltip and chat.
    Last edited by Lyn; 2016-06-24 at 06:28 AM.
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    abload.de/image.php?img=wowscrnshot_062416_15kzu0s.jpg

My healing ui. Sorry btw but im not allowed to post links yet

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was my UI when I did my Challenge Mode Gold run's at the begining of the expansion.
    Here is a video of my setup :

Let me know what you think about it !
    Last edited by zcrooked; 2016-06-24 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted

Mostly Elv Ui and Weak Auras

I saw a UI on the Rogue forums today, called Kait UI, couldn't find any info on a more recent version than sometime in mid 2015. Anyone know anything?
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    I saw a UI on the Rogue forums today, called Kait UI, couldn't find any info on a more recent version than sometime in mid 2015. Anyone know anything?
    There isn't any more recent version. But if you update all the addons (apart from the ones listed at http://www.wowinterface.com/download...39-KaitUI.html (bottom of the page) saying don't update) it maybe will work. If other people are still using it then i guess it does.

Is that THE Kait?
    Science the shit out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    There isn't any more recent version. But if you update all the addons (apart from the ones listed at http://www.wowinterface.com/download...39-KaitUI.html (bottom of the page) saying don't update) it maybe will work. If other people are still using it then i guess it does.
    Well, thanks! I really love the UI. Any plans to put out something for Legion?
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.