Thread: Post Your UI

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Finally done with my druid UI :')
    Your UI's never fail to amaze me, great job with these!

Have a few updated SS's and a short video clip (apologies ahead of time, my gfx card is in the process of dying so I had to use this particular program)

solo idle no target

raid idle no target

Short clip of raid in combat
    *Double apologies for Meatloaf*

that is very good

good job dude

Amazing job! Wish I had the patience with WeakAuras to create something similar, well done!
    Minor thing: The DBM/BW alerts could use some padding on the left

Superb work, Birg! Well done :-)

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by grazzarg View Post
    The DBM/BW alerts could use some padding on the left
    I agree, but couldn't find how to solve that The text also overlaps with the timer if the name is long enough. Waiting to see if it'll become an issue in Legion though.

Deleted
    Really nice!

Found vertical thing I had going a bit hard to follow, so I spread things out a bit and re-designed some bars.

top dollar
    Last edited by Xeion; 2016-08-20 at 02:47 PM.

Deleted
    I realized that I was coincidentally just killing the same mob with my latest UI as I was in the oldest UI screenshot I have, so: 2008, 2016.

I think the thing with that UI was that I was keeping it under 1 MB excluding the threat meter, and so I was using oUF and rFilter. As you can see it's from before I started figuring out how to make UIs look nice, but there's some decent centering of important information and stuff. Pretty gross that I used to have a target-of-target frame, though.
    Last edited by mmocf531e475c8; 2016-08-20 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    I realized that I was coincidentally just killing the same mob with my latest UI as I was in the oldest UI screenshot I have, so: 2008, 2016.

I think the thing with that UI was that I was keeping it under 1 MB excluding the threat meter, and so I was using oUF and rFilter. As you can see it's from before I started figuring out how to make UIs look nice, but there's some decent centering of important information and stuff. Pretty gross that I used to have a target-of-target frame, though.
    TBH, I dunno why so many people hate on ToT frames, I think they're quite useful, sorta

I'm still not totally convinced by those big fat hp bars, but have a suspicion it's something I'll be aesthetically obsessed about in like 6 months.

What's the colour of the new frame health based on?

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    TBH, I dunno why so many people hate on ToT frames, I think they're quite useful, sorta
    It often doesn't earn the real estate it takes up, and the layout (especially when people give in to the subconscious desire to make it half the size of a "real" unitframe) nearly always looks off balance. so it's easy to learn to live without it
    Last edited by modernist; 2016-08-20 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    It often doesn't earn the real estate it takes up, and the layout (especially when people give in to the subconscious desire to make it half the size of a "real" unitframe) nearly always looks off balance. so it's easy to learn to live without it
    ... or you just put the tot as a name on the target frame, like i've seen in one of old ooom's screenshots. still thinking of doing this with my big frames.
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I can see how they could be useful as a healer, if you want to be able to react as quickly as possible to a target switch, and I guess similarly for raid tanks (which I don't play), but I think I prefer focus macros for utility cooldowns as DPS. Mostly I was just rabble-rousing, though.

I'm still not totally convinced by those big fat hp bars, but have a suspicion it's something I'll be aesthetically obsessed about in like 6 months.
    It's more of a functionality thing. With the last UI I posted, I found myself ignoring my health bar even though it was right next to the action bar where I was looking all the time, I guess because they were separate elements; now that I have my cooldowns inside of my big fat health bar, I'm dying a bit less.

What's the colour of the new frame health based on?
    It's just a teal I like. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/17iMvFv.jpg standard elvui, and WA's in the middle =P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    Progress:

The bars and squares are cooldowns, and the "100" is pet health in percent.

I think to be entirely optimal with DPS I'd need to use EventHorizon-style DoT+cooldown bars, but this is pretty close, and it has the advantage of making me always look at my huge health bar, which theoretically means I might be slightly better at not standing still in fire until I die. To help with that I think I'm going to add combat text for incoming damage and debuffs on the right side of my player frame, and I'm also going to make the squares fade in from shortly before the cooldowns are over rather than instantly appearing at t=0. And do something else with the Mongoose Fury buff, and colors, and borders, etc.
    I would put a mongoose fury vertical progress bar to the left of the mongoose bite stacks. Just move everything a little bit to the right.

A while ago I made a UI called Prestige UI which is available to download on WoW Interface but I've recently done a small update. See below video of it in action:

Still got a few positional and QoL changes to be made, plus I will probably convert it to standard widescreen before uploading it (as I play in Ultra Wide).

I will probably change the cursor graphic and a few other textures but happy to listen to any suggestions.

So i had made a thread about it, but got no replys, so maybe someone in here would be knowledgeable about it. I'm trying to have a portrait (player and target) that is diamond shaped, not square. Don't know if can be done through WAs or StuF or if it would require its own coding via a separate addon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindog View Post
    I would put a mongoose fury vertical progress bar to the left of the mongoose bite stacks. Just move everything a little bit to the right.
    Oh, that sounds like a good idea. I had thought of that but to the right of the Mongoose Bite bars instead, but I think left is better.

Quote Originally Posted by slothington View Post
    So i had made a thread about it, but got no replys, so maybe someone in here would be knowledgeable about it. I'm trying to have a portrait (player and target) that is diamond shaped, not square. Don't know if can be done through WAs or StuF or if it would require its own coding via a separate addon.
    Is it possible to change the mask shape of 3D portraits/3D models in general? I was under the impression that you were pretty well stuck with squares/rectangles. I looked it into a bit when working on remaking the OW UI and also doing hexagon/triangle themed stuff a while back.