Thread: Post Your UI

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    got a little sick of my UI not fitting the game its actually for
    I am all about this right now too. Using your quest tracker in my new "more wowish feel UI" setup as of yesterday. funny how we're all on the same track at the same time. xD

Thanks for sharing your stellar work!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    5man

I uploaded all my addons. oUF_Simple is available aswell but still in beta stage. The nameplate spawn is not part of oUF yet, thus I have to embed oUF for now.

Addon list
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...or-101381.html
    I'm trying to reduce font size of nameplates debuff and nameplates name.
    Can you help me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    5man

I uploaded all my addons. oUF_Simple is available aswell but still in beta stage. The nameplate spawn is not part of oUF yet, thus I have to embed oUF for now.

Addon list
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...or-101381.html
    I seriously love the Unitframes (not sure about the Nameplates though) but one thing is bugging me...that the Target Frame hp/ % is on the right side of the bar instead of being mirrored to the Player Frame

Deleted
    Don't hang yourself on that. The most important part is that we have the ability to do everything with just one unit framework.
    Everything unit specific on the screen is put together by one oUF layout we defined and can adapt.
    If you got any addon specific questions please ask them on wowinterface in the comments section of the corresponding addon.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2016-10-05 at 08:16 AM.

http://imgur.com/a/D0N5X Heal UI

First edition of a heal UI. Havent done healing since...well 4-ever if you don't count a alt or two :P So yea last time I healed was in vanilla.

How is a heal UI done good? Don't most people just go with talent bars, raid frames above, and fit in WA strings etc, and have health/target to the side of raid frames?

The addon needtoknow aint set-up yet, not all done yet So tracking some feral stuff in that shot.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/D0N5X Heal UI

First edition of a heal UI. Havent done healing since...well 4-ever if you don't count a alt or two :P So yea last time I healed was in vanilla.

How is a heal UI done good? Don't most people just go with talent bars, raid frames above, and fit in WA strings etc, and have health/target to the side of raid frames?

The addon needtoknow aint set-up yet, not all done yet So tracking some feral stuff in that shot.
    How do you expect to be able to see ANYTHING thats going on around you with that...that monstrosity...

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    How do you expect to be able to see ANYTHING thats going on around you with that...that monstrosity...
    did you read my post ? I clearly stated I havent done a heal UI like ever....stop having your pants up your arse lol :P

Here is another pic http://imgur.com/a/OMqss Again 40 man raid fills up a lot even with small grid bars.,

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    I am all about this right now too. Using your quest tracker in my new "more wowish feel UI" setup as of yesterday. funny how we're all on the same track at the same time. xD

Thanks for sharing your stellar work!
    nothing happens in a vacuum!

7+ Year Old Account
    did you read my post ? I clearly stated I havent done a heal UI like ever....stop having your pants up your arse lol :P

Here is another pic http://imgur.com/a/OMqss Again 40 man raid fills up a lot even with small grid bars.,
    Well, even though it doesnt sounds nice, he does have a point.
    I would not be able to play with that, avoid to stand into anything and heal effectively.

What screenresolution/ size do you play?

My heal UI (works fine for shadow as well.)

(This was launchnight, waiting for portal to open)

Basically, I've always heal with frames offcenter.
    This group setup but raid frames will grow upwards.
    I run Vuhdo and that basically does it all. Click on frames for cast.

Also, do you need that big weakauras? (Or TellMEWhen?)
    What does it tell you?

Do you need that many buttons on your screen?

(Edit: My image was mostly to show you visibility matters, I would have made it a actual screenshot in holy if I had any here at work... Personally all I track as Holy is my Purify if it is off cooldown (Because the button is not on my bar and I dispell right on the raidframe), the rest is all situational and I wouldnt need weakauras for that.)
    Last edited by Odylle; 2016-10-05 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odylle View Post
    I would not be able to play with that, avoid to stand into anything and heal effectively.

What does it tell you?

(Edit: My image was mostly to show you visibility matters, I would have made it a actual screenshot in holy if I had any here at work... Personally all I track as Holy is my Purify if it is off cooldown (Because the button is not on my bar and I dispell right on the raidframe), the rest is all situational and I wouldnt need weakauras for that.)
    Oh thanks! Upwards growing frames are great!

Play on 1080p 24 inch

Next up is prolly re-sizing my WA string. I just kinda like big strings, but it has to be lower if I want grid to be center to :P On all other chars I have grid is always to the side.

Did re-size my bartender a bit for now (scale at 85), but I like having all abilities shown, and needtoknow is just handy for tracking basic things from sprint to innervate, or on my target root to bash (talent).

Healing UI is so messy to make good if you don't hide all your abilities/bartender or w/e lol.

My feral UI on druid is basicly just a little square WA string, and its so clean if it wasent for my personal choice of bartender (And the little extra bar for useful toys/items)

Your raid frames are in my opinion way too high up, and could perhaps be brought lower if you are able to spread out your action bars instead of stacking.
    Or reducing the number of them.
    Moving the frames to the side is another possibility.
    I imagine part of the criticism is really aimed at the lack of visibility you have around your character, which is something more difficult to get right for healers as the raid frames need to tell you a lot more.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Your raid frames are in my opinion way too high up, and could perhaps be brought lower if you are able to spread out your action bars instead of stacking.
    Or reducing the number of them.
    Moving the frames to the side is another possibility.
    I imagine part of the criticism is really aimed at the lack of visibility you have around your character, which is something more difficult to get right for healers as the raid frames need to tell you a lot more.
    Thanks man

What sort of scale do you guys run with on raid frames usually? I guess it also depends on weigth heigth etc, but I will figure it out :P That was version 1, hopefully 2 is better.

Now I just wish ALL addons had "spec profile"...so good feature. So if I was re-speccing to healer from DPS, Id need to go into quartz to switch profile atm...messy, but SUF, grid at least has that feature.

- - - Updated - - -

http://imgur.com/a/ZTB6J

Ok this is it for now.
    I just can't re-size it much smaller with good faith I can use it propor. Icons in WA at 35x35, when on CD its 28x28. String got a lot smaller by this, but gut re-size a string sucks, but yea :P

Putting grid to the side(ish) is prolly just the better way to go, but I liked the idea of upwards growing bars as was suggested to me.

I could remove 1 icon from the WA string, but thats about it...Cenarion circle (talent) which could make it all a bit narrower again losing that 35x35.

Fun to do UI's for off-spec you'll prolly never use, but when I do get around to playing legion at some point, I hope gear changes will make me try it...I guess only rings/amus/trinkets are role specific now...so AGI trinket wont turn to INT trinket when re-speccing ? No more bullshit like kazzak AGI drops not going INT from WOD.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2016-10-05 at 07:16 PM.

Deleted
    I've added an outline to font in the objective tracker headings, other than that no changes to mine for a while...In terms what you can actually see the bulk of the credit goes to Stickload (Ouf_Abu) and the guys working on Neav UI.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks man

What sort of scale do you guys run with on raid frames usually? I guess it also depends on weigth heigth etc, but I will figure it out :P That was version 1, hopefully 2 is better.

Now I just wish ALL addons had "spec profile"...so good feature. So if I was re-speccing to healer from DPS, Id need to go into quartz to switch profile atm...messy, but SUF, grid at least has that feature.

- - - Updated - - -

http://imgur.com/a/ZTB6J

Ok this is it for now.
    I just can't re-size it much smaller with good faith I can use it propor. Icons in WA at 35x35, when on CD its 28x28. String got a lot smaller by this, but gut re-size a string sucks, but yea :P

Putting grid to the side(ish) is prolly just the better way to go, but I liked the idea of upwards growing bars as was suggested to me.

I could remove 1 icon from the WA string, but thats about it...Cenarion circle (talent) which could make it all a bit narrower again losing that 35x35.

Fun to do UI's for off-spec you'll prolly never use, but when I do get around to playing legion at some point, I hope gear changes will make me try it...I guess only rings/amus/trinkets are role specific now...so AGI trinket wont turn to INT trinket when re-speccing ? No more bullshit like kazzak AGI drops not going INT from WOD.
    The biggest issue I would have using that UI is that you can't see your toon or the area around them at all.

Its just way too much stuff stacked and crammed into the middle of the screen for my personal tastes.

art for some more stuff

Last edited by modernist; 2016-10-05 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odylle View Post

What does it tell you?

I know you said this was taken at launch, but supposing it's still the same, would you consider uploading it somewhere if possible? Big fan of dark minimal themes, and yours looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    art for some more stuff
    Your UI looks more amazing with each update. I like the borders you have around the buttons, buffs, castbar, nameplate and unit frame. Do you mind sharing them?

For the super great modders we have here.

Does the WoW API respond to object elevation? Lets say that the stuff happening in the game is later 0 or 1. Lets say I wanted to make the Unit frame elevation 4, and another object that rests on the unit frame elevation 7. Does the WoW API have the ability to respect that, or is all apart of the same level, and shadowing is really the only difference?

Have a few ideas for a "material" UI, but I don't want to even bother if the UI can't respect elevation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    For the super great modders we have here.

Does the WoW API respond to object elevation? Lets say that the stuff happening in the game is later 0 or 1. Lets say I wanted to make the Unit frame elevation 4, and another object that rests on the unit frame elevation 7. Does the WoW API have the ability to respect that, or is all apart of the same level, and shadowing is really the only difference?

Have a few ideas for a "material" UI, but I don't want to even bother if the UI can't respect elevation.
    Yeah, you can set the strata each frame is on, and then levels within those. http://wowprogramming.com/docs/widge...SetFrameStrata