Thread: Post Your UI

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    StUF requires you to use the exact same Lua coding that the addons themselves run on, at base - Pitbull4's "LuaTexts" module, on the other hand, programs in a lot of Helper Functions - things to make the most commonly done texts easier to write.

This has the side effect of any text written for StUF working fine for Pitbull4, but many Pitbull4 texts won't work in StUF.

If you open up the LuaTexts.lua file in PB4, you should be able to find the code for the "combat" and "resting" helper texts, if the PB4 luatext code doesn't operate properly in StUF.
    Or just use oUF if you want Lua text ;-)

oUF requires everything to be in lua, where in pitbull it is more selective should you go down the route of customising it.
    Suppose it could be seen more as an intermediate step.

Still using TuK10 rather than 11 because Duffed's edit isn't fully funtional with v11 yet.

Out of Combat, with DXE timers

In combat, and I need to move my MSBT notification box because it interferes with my buff list.

Planning on making a permanent move to v11 when Duffed's edit gets updated. On a personal note, read the release blog Tukz puts out before you skin things :P

Oh, and here's the "more custom" UI that I have on my computer as well, I just have it backed up and put away because it's not as good as Tuk's. Party frames are for arena(and I obviously moved the healing/incoming bar on MSBT), I just didn't have them disabled at the time of the snapshot.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-08-30 at 04:10 PM.

[IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p21/Kaitis101/WoWScrnShot_081910_234505.jpg[/IMG]
    Bleh at horrible quality of picture.... Photobucket is suck ass.

I WAS gonna upload my UI to like WoW-Interface as a full thing. I h ave had like 5-6 people ask for it, but haven't found a way.. I custom made it myself.

When your out of combat, all it shows is your buffs, debuffs, Chat frame, titanpanel, and the minimap. Very minimalistic. Great for raiding(has everything you would need).

Thumbnail please.
    ~ Treeston
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-08-27 at 06:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Droit View Post
    If you're using Stuf, what code did you use to get the status text? I had it over a year ago with Pitbull, but I want to use Stuf now except I'm having a hard time finding the correct format since the lua code is different. I want to be able to do it with all the icons (loot, pvp, leader, role etc).
    For the in/out of combat text (I don't have it open, but it uses the standard Stuf code, and not LUA), it basically says:

[solid_if_combat:combat] - if you look at the other text options, I believe #6 is the whole "if dead or ghost" text... I just adapted that to combat.

the text for rested was more of a hassle for me, because I know just enough LUA to get myself in trouble, but not enough to be useful.

function(unit, cache, textframe)
    if IsResting() and not InCombatLockdown() then
    return "ZZZ"
    else
    return ""
    end
    end

Where it return "zzz" shows the zzz's if resting, and return "" doesn't show anything when not resting. HighFive on the wowhead.com forums pretty much held my hand through that entire process.

Wowhead Profile ~ When in doubt, shock it out.

Oh yeah, that was my path of frost :3

Quote Originally Posted by Nipah View Post
    ..[solid_if_combat:combat] - if you look at the other text options, I believe #6 is the whole "if dead or ghost" text... I just adapted that to combat...

Thanks for the help. I had [solid_if_incombat:c] earlier and it wasn't working, the mistake is obvious now. And thank you for the other code, I do better with this kind of stuff when I can mess around with something that I know already works. Thanks again.

Sorry to derail from actual screenshots. I would post some screenshots of my stuff, but I'm not allowed to yet.

Just missing Grid, which occupies the lower right corner.

Cool image chain, still proper linking please. Fixed.
    ~ Treeston
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-08-24 at 09:48 PM.

Looks nice and clean even if that vertical unit frame thingy is bit weird for me. But i guess if u get used to it its imba

Quote Originally Posted by Deemaxm View Post
    Looks nice and clean even if that vertical unit frame thingy is bit weird for me. But i guess if u get used to it its imba
    Hehe. Yeah. I played with a HUD for a long time, but was ultimately dissatisfied with the limited options in terms of shape and texture. Switching to STUF and using a vertical orientation has been much more pleasing for me.

This is also the first time I've put borders on anything, which in the long run makes everything easier to use and I think does look better.

Now I'm exploring Pixel Font options, but its something I'm really not used to and that's going to take some time.

And sorry about the links Treeston. Sticky read. I'll get it right in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Droit View Post
    Thanks for the help. I had [solid_if_incombat:c] earlier and it wasn't working, the mistake is obvious now. And thank you for the other code, I do better with this kind of stuff when I can mess around with something that I know already works. Thanks again.

Sorry to derail from actual screenshots. I would post some screenshots of my stuff, but I'm not allowed to yet.
    You need about 10 posts before you can post images (or so it was with me). So go partake of the boards, and then eventually you'll be allowed.

Treeston: "And that doesn't mean spamming anything useless."

Heed the good word.
    Last edited by Nipah; 2010-08-27 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Preach!

Deleted
    You need about 10 posts before you can post images (or so it was with me). So go partake of the boards, and then eventually you'll be allowed.
    And that doesn't mean spamming anything useless.

Eclípsé's new TukUI edit.
    http://www.tukui.org/v2/forums/topic.php?id=2432

Link fixed according to guidelines.
    ~ Treeston
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-08-27 at 07:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tweaking things again... I'm looking to spice up the unit frames a tad (without tossing a portrait on it), but can't think of a way to do it without losing the simplicity I've got going on...
    In combat:

Huzzah... looks like I linked it correctly!
    Snippets of the UI are here... it contains a shot of the party frame, pet frame, ToT/Focus frames, and memory usage.
    Last edited by Nipah; 2010-08-27 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Tweak!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tweaking things again... I'm looking to spice up the unit frames a tad (without tossing a portrait on it), but can't think of a way to do it without losing the simplicity I've got going on...
    I'd do it with a change in bar textures and possibly in colors used - or in reversing the concept most people have of statusbars (Led does this on his UI's - they start out nearly transparent, and as you take more damage, they fill with classcolor and become more opaque).

Deleted

Fixed pic.
    ~ Treeston
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-08-27 at 06:21 PM.

Deleted
    What's that addon which makes your buttons look like that like in pictures posted by EKAA and Tiing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghst View Post
    What's that addon which makes your buttons look like that like in pictures posted by EKAA and Tiing?
    Likely a ButtonFacade skin.
    ButtonFacade is an addon which can apply a skin to buttons, or button like elements on an addon which supports it.
    The skins are in many cases produced by other authors, with most the hosting sites, notably curse and wownterface hosting a good variety of them.

Deleted

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ghst View Post
    The skin im using is called Onyx for buttonfacade hope that helps

Not using ButtonFacade, just using TukUI.