Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Never say never. Doing nameplates is a breeze. They are part of oUF core now. https://github.com/zorker/rothui/blo...spawn.lua#L145

Btw while watching an ARPG lets play today I had an idea. Why not make a unitframe of the "mouseover" unit. I just tried it. It is working perfectly fine with oUF. You could create that huge big ass mouseover unitframe at the top. You can even disable that with a visibility state driver and put boss1 there if boss1 exists or target. For the rest you could just use all nameplates. The player has a nameplate too.

Like so: https://imgur.com/a/qH2zv
    thats awesome! ive been wanting to do a "vindictus" style frame for a while where bosses have a large top-center frame, but i could never figure out how to make boss frames larger than normal mob frames.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As always when you start some new characters you have to strip everything down and go again.

Started this one this morning but there's still loads to do. I haven't seen a party frame or debuff yet!

Still the typical layout from myself though.

Last edited by Hulari; 2018-02-03 at 10:41 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    This is my latest project, just messing around with different ideas really trying to get something different. This is just a preview of a work in progress, still lots of improvements needed so may or may not be finished and it remains to be seen how workable or efficient it is in real time!
    does anyone know how I can setup similar unit frames. I love the concept of circle with image, but I'd love to tweak it - eg. I get uncomfortable if I dont see a mini profile pic on the enemy unit frame, and I also love to see some kind of silver/gold dragon for rare/elite instead of just text "Rare/ Elite"

**not allowed to post images yet so click on his post to see his ui

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulari View Post
    As always when you start some new characters you have to strip everything down and go again.

Started this one this morning but there's still loads to do. I haven't seen a party frame or debuff yet!

Still the typical layout from myself though.

What objective frame is that?
    I think everybody's nuts.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    What objective frame is that?
    It's SorhaQuestLog

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    I can forsee some amazing BfA styled UIs coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulari View Post
    I can forsee some amazing BfA styled UIs coming!
    Those colors are actually easy on the eyes. After doing one for WoD, I skipped Legion because of the crappy colors :/

Did you know that it is always worth it at a new release of a Blizzard game to check the official website's media info?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth
    Pretty sure at least one person has already done that, based likely on that same media.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Latest iteration for my main. I want to mix what I've got with the style of Birg, but I find it difficult. I'd also like to center the UI a bit more. Let me know what you think.

Never say never. Doing nameplates is a breeze. They are part of oUF core now. https://github.com/zorker/rothui/blo...spawn.lua#L145

Btw while watching an ARPG lets play today I had an idea. Why not make a unitframe of the "mouseover" unit. I just tried it. It is working perfectly fine with oUF. You could create that huge big ass mouseover unitframe at the top. You can even disable that with a visibility state driver and put boss1 there if boss1 exists or target. For the rest you could just use all nameplates. The player has a nameplate too.

Like so: https://imgur.com/a/qH2zv
    Ok, it seems i'm coming back to this hellish addictive drug of a game. And i'm not talking about WoW only, but about WoW UI designing.

So, iterating on the concept above - technically one can do everything with nameplates. And i'm asking you Zork because you've helped me a lot during the years and i've learned a lot of stuff when i was doing ColdUI.

- can i set nameplates orientation? i assume yes since they're statusbars.
    - can i set nameplates position depending on the unit status? the idea is to leave nameplates as minimal and simple as i can while target's nameplate should be in a fixed position. So the targeted unit won't have the classic nameplate above their head but on a better position that stands out between the other ones.
    - again another "simple one": with oUF managing nameplates innately, can i just set the debuffs to be tied to nameplates?

I want to do a new UI, and i want to get rid of most frames excluding party/raid (i don't want friendly nameplates to make more chaos, both for healer and tank/dps setups). Always minimal, but likely i'll detach from the pixel style i have always used.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Latest iteration for my main. I want to mix what I've got with the style of Birg, but I find it difficult. I'd also like to center the UI a bit more. Let me know what you think.

I think its going to be difficult to combine your ultra minimal style with Birg's highly detailed and layered setups. I do actually like this version of your UI the most so far, however. I've adapted the %Power squares to "# of Death Strikes castable" for my BDK and its great.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bjordin View Post
    I think its going to be difficult to combine your ultra minimal style with Birg's highly detailed and layered setups. I do actually like this version of your UI the most so far, however. I've adapted the %Power squares to "# of Death Strikes castable" for my BDK and its great.
    That's great to hear, friend. Maybe I'll stick with this one, then. It's difficult not to tweak it all the time, when being a UI-geek.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    - can i set nameplates orientation? i assume yes since they're statusbars.
    - can i set nameplates position depending on the unit status? the idea is to leave nameplates as minimal and simple as i can while target's nameplate should be in a fixed position. So the targeted unit won't have the classic nameplate above their head but on a better position that stands out between the other ones.
    - again another "simple one": with oUF managing nameplates innately, can i just set the debuffs to be tied to nameplates?
    Nameplates can have any shape. They are regular unitIDs now. https://imgpile.com/i/nrkMpN
    There are a ton of nameplate cvars to adjust nameplate settings like visible range/alpha and so on: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=55998
    Nameplates are still tied to a Blizzard nameplate base frame. Not sure if you can/want to repoint them somewhere else. There is a callback function that you have access to once a nameplate changes. It allows you to restyle the nameplate based on unit if needed.
    Nameplates being normal unitframes you can use regular oUF modules/elements on nameplates like on any other unit.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2018-02-05 at 03:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Something new, something old.

Last edited by Coxeter; 2018-02-06 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    I could update some of my addons on wowinterface, tho. If I have the time.
    In the spirit of such good news (if you have the time), I'll post my ui. It's one of the earlier/mid versions of LynUI with a few tweaks of my own. All of the Lyn addons work just fine, with the exception of artifact tracking in LynExperience. Once that bar is disabled it's all good. LynTooltip and LynQuest throw up a bunch of errors but none are game breaking.

Last edited by bigbaddan; 2018-02-06 at 01:14 AM.

-snip-
    Nice to know. I started designing the new UI (i think i'm going for a greyscale style - excluding auras and maybe hp gradient in a non invasive way if i manage to do it) and for what i want to do i actually don't need to move nameplates around fortunately. If i got it right, it's just better to leave them where they are.

So, next questions.
    - stupid one, but can i just get rid of player nameplate? i find redundant to have both the nameplate and unitframe.
    - can i set visibility of a specific nameplate? Basically, i want my target nameplate to be hidden since i'll have the target unitframe visible, while others will be slightly faded as usual. Since default behaviour is target nameplat with alpha = 1 and others with a reduced one, should be easy to set alpha = 0 or simply hidden.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    1.) I do not have the player nameplate either. It can be en/disabled in the default Blizzard interface settings under names.
    2.) There are two cvars that allow you to do this without any additional settings: nameplateSelectedAlpha and nameplateSelectedScale. Not sure if that is what you want. Would be really wierd to not highlight the unit you have targeted.

There is one thing though. You might want to wait for WoW 8.0 to release. It is already in the making and 7.3.5 will not see that much love until the next xpack.

To anyone interested in building wow addons make sure to join the #wowuidev IRC. http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2651
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2018-02-06 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post

did bags and some combat stuff today, + not quite sure what the hell to do with those objective tracker quest item buttons

might stick this up on wowinterface in the near future
    DUUUUUUUUUUDE IW ANT UR UI.. tell me how to get it its so clean !!! - cmmon i need details !

To anyone interested in building wow addons make sure to join the #wowuidev IRC. http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2651
    IMHO, joining that IRC channel is a step to consider for a bit more advanced users, or at least those who're familiar w/ programming and WoW API.

Using forums, this one and/or wowinterface, to ask certain questions might be a better option, for instance, if it's a question about oUF. Even though p3lim, haste and I (Rainrider doesn't like IRC >_>) sit in IRC pretty much 24/7, we strongly recommend to use our subforum on wowinterface to ask/talk about oUF stuff.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-02-06 at 10:34 AM.