Thread: Post Your UI

So I've only ever messed around with the base ElvUI package. What else do you guys use to enhance the ElvUI suite? I've heard Shadow & Light is good for offering more features?

not sure what to do with group frames

Quote Originally Posted by Medestruit View Post
    Mostly all just WA and ElvUI. The player unitframe as well as target unitframe are WA's. I have a WA set for every class/spec I play that has 6 abilities, then the health bar/cast bar is a WA by itself, and then a WA for every class/spec for their respective power. Each power bar looks slightly different depending on what I actually need to see. Then the cooldown list is just a WA also that has various ability and item cooldowns in a dynamic group.

For instance, my newest toon is the monk I just boosted with my pre-order boost. So I've been setting her up, and the power bar setup for that WA is different than the one my DH uses(since on my DH I just need the fury number and it changes color depending on how close to capping I am, same goes for my vengeance one except that has a counter for my soul fragments also). Monk, on the other hand, has a chi bar, an enerygy bar and a hit counter/last attack icon for tracking the hit combo talent.

DK has runes+runic power(+boneshield tracker for blood), shaman has maelstrom and trackers for things(both ele and enhancement), pally has holy power+judgement tracker for ret, etc. I guess I could(and probably should) just combine my WA's a bit into suites for every class/spec, but I'm ridiculous...as you can tell from my WA list.
    This looks amazing!

is there any chance you could upload your export string?

i made an account just to ask this question xD

if not i will try my best to imitate this in some way, looks like you use ELv UI, Shadow & Light and Benki UI?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post

I've been checking your UI for while and I can say that its look fantastic!

As for group frames, the only thing that comes to mind is to merge each individual frame's background as one and put them all together.

Here is 2 different example: one , two.

Quote Originally Posted by alzaon View Post
    This looks amazing!

is there any chance you could upload your export string?

i made an account just to ask this question xD

if not i will try my best to imitate this in some way, looks like you use ELv UI, Shadow & Light and Benki UI?

Just ElvUI with BenikUI, VisualAuraTimers and CustomTweaks. No Shadow & Light.

I can't take credit for too much of the ElvUI profile. I took the basic style from Aok ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmRWZvVnTgQ&t=47s ) then adjusted it around my needs and used KGPanels to keep the consistency. My actual addons list is a mess that I need to clean up, but most everything is just ElvUI and WA, with some KGPanels thrown in, BigWigs and Lyn's Minimap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoyevsky View Post
    recently back to game, reassemble my UI
    general appearance style from Auroa, heavily modified, unitframe from FreeUI, also heavily modified, cooldown/proc/aura are made of Weakauras
    Hello, can you share your weakauras please ? (cd/buff/usable skills)

Quote Originally Posted by Leberman View Post
    I've been checking your UI for while and I can say that its look fantastic!

As for group frames, the only thing that comes to mind is to merge each individual frame's background as one and put them all together.

Here is 2 different example: one , two.
    i'm thinking about having "tabs" like the chatframe at the top, to switch between a traditional uniform/grid-like layout and this new form that splits out tanks, healers, and dps into separate hierarchies on the fly

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post

This is what the default UI should be like IMO. Modern but with nostalgic elements.

7+ Year Old Account

smthing that im currently running on my druid

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfx93 View Post

smthing that im currently running on my druid
    Those unitframes seem familiar. Looking good!
    I think everybody's nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Brainstorming in WA/ElvUI. Came up with this. I quite like it. Might name it CleanSlateV2...

https://imgur.com/a/dT2lU
    Beautiful! Great work.

Deleted
    Added debuff highlighting: https://imgur.com/a/P4G0C

Btw if you haven't used the Immersion addon you should give it a try. It is amazing!
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2018-02-10 at 04:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    Beautiful! Great work.
    Thanks a lot, friend. Turned out I ended up having quite a bit of problems placing the raidframes with the map located near the middle; so I'm already on another adventure. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Thanks a lot, friend. Turned out I ended up having quite a bit of problems placing the raidframes with the map located near the middle; so I'm already on another adventure. :-)
    I've just been recreating new UI's via ElvUI/S&L only, for the last few weeks, coming up with various iterations. I'm trying to get away from WeakAuras, not because they aren't amazing, but I'm lazy and my OCD drives me nuts. They have to look good, but the thought of redesigning every spec I play each time, is just daunting and I don't want to do it. I typically use a heavily customized combination of the Action Bars, Player Buffs, & Target Debuffs to achieve similar results to WeakAuras.

Anyway, I had an iteration with the Minimap at the top of the screen, in the middle. It looks nice, but it depending on my camera angle during encounters, it would end up obscuring the nameplates. That drove me absolutely nuts, so I'm going to recreate from scratch, again. But it seems everything new that I make, I can't get used to, and go back to the same UI I've used since January 2017.

tl;dr: put map in top middle of the screen, drove me nuts, had to restart like you
    Last edited by Astrocrunch; 2018-02-10 at 07:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrocrunch View Post
    Snippity
    I totally get that! I'm only ever playing a single character, so it's a bit easier for me, y'know? But still -- the process of having to get everything aligned perfectly is like a WoW-minigame. F pet-battles, mate, I'm on WA, right? :-)
    Last edited by Coxeter; 2018-02-10 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocrunch View Post
    I've just been recreating new UI's via ElvUI/S&L only, for the last few weeks, coming up with various iterations. I'm trying to get away from WeakAuras, not because they aren't amazing, but I'm lazy and my OCD drives me nuts. They have to look good, but the thought of redesigning every spec I play each time, is just daunting and I don't want to do it. I typically use a heavily customized combination of the Action Bars, Player Buffs, & Target Debuffs to achieve similar results to WeakAuras.

Anyway, I had an iteration with the Minimap at the top of the screen, in the middle. It looks nice, but it depending on my camera angle during encounters, it would end up obscuring the nameplates. That drove me absolutely nuts, so I'm going to recreate from scratch, again. But it seems everything new that I make, I can't get used to, and go back to the same UI I've used since January 2017.

tl;dr: put map in top middle of the screen, drove me nuts, had to restart like you
    While I fully get the task of fixing shit for each class/spec, just making 1 iteration works all the same if you really want it to. No class is really more than 4-5 buttons+CDs, which is why my ability bar in my WAs are all 6 abilities(4 + interrupt + artifact ability). You could simply use the same WA and have each layer load for the specific class/spec instead of creating new WAs each time(which admittedly, I use the "WA per class, per spec" mantra and not the 1 WA to rule them all).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medestruit View Post
    Been using this for a few months now, basically mostly the same UI I've run for a year or so with some tweaks here and there

OOC:

Combat:

Setup:

Couple little hidden things you wouldn't notice here and there, etc
    Really like some of your ideas, can i ask which font you're using ? Especially for the bottom left text !

Quote Originally Posted by Aok View Post
    Really like some of your ideas, can i ask which font you're using ? Especially for the bottom left text !
    The entire UI is either BIGNOODLE(the all caps font) or AccidentalPresidency

ElvUI Profile: click
    WA Profile: click

Font for Sharedmedia: click
    Last edited by Dubyo; 2018-02-11 at 10:52 AM. Reason: added font

Deleted
    Beautiful! But, for some reasons, Elvui won't let me set the PT Sans Narrow font for the unit frames names asyour pic :/

EDIT: Oh right, forgot about Sharedmedia :P
    Last edited by mmocd90dc039df; 2018-02-11 at 01:06 PM.