Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Lybrial View Post
    Great thing!

Could you upload your WA's somewhere?
    I really love what's you and Shibb are doing here, so I've took the liberty of downloading your interfaces, and playing with your WA & stuff. Nothing to share yet, a lot of trial and errors !

Since I've imported Shibb UI to retrieve the WA for myself, I figured out I could put those in a pastebin since to share it here, the time for Shibb to put them in wago !

I'm already working on small edits, like in the orb and grouping some stuff/deleting some redondancy, so it will not be exactly the thing Shibb shared but will be close enough for a rough first pass if you want to check out what spell & animation references are used. Big up for this work Shibb btw, really nice choice for combopoints/hp/etc !

https://pastebin.com/Sm6nqnVu

Quote Originally Posted by Felkor View Post
    I really love what's you and Shibb are doing here, so I've took the liberty of downloading your interfaces, and playing with your WA & stuff. Nothing to share yet, a lot of trial and errors !

Since I've imported Shibb UI to retrieve the WA for myself, I figured out I could put those in a pastebin since to share it here, the time for Shibb to put them in wago !

I'm already working on small edits, like in the orb and grouping some stuff/deleting some redondancy, so it will not be exactly the thing Shibb shared but will be close enough for a rough first pass if you want to check out what spell & animation references are used. Big up for this work Shibb btw, really nice choice for combopoints/hp/etc !
    Thanks everyone for helping me out. I'm having trouble finding time to respond to requests and other, family and job comes first.
    I'll try to upload some weakauras to wago tomorrow. Shouldn't take that long, problem is that I'm not satisfied with all the textures, but I suppose that the important thing is that the layout is there, people will probably customize it anyways
    I have a LUA error from BenikUI at the moment that I have to solve.

And btw, I just recently made a new user here, so I can't respond to PM's yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibb View Post
    Thanks everyone for helping me out. I'm having trouble finding time to respond to requests and other, family and job comes first.
    I'll try to upload some weakauras to wago tomorrow. Shouldn't take that long, problem is that I'm not satisfied with all the textures, but I suppose that the important thing is that the layout is there, people will probably customize it anyways
    I have a LUA error from BenikUI at the moment that I have to solve.

And btw, I just recently made a new user here, so I can't respond to PM's yet.
    Yep. Textures are always a big problem. If you are not into photoshop or stuff like that
    you need to use what you get from other projects and most of the time you only get
    low resolution textures. The circle texture from Galactica has a good quality though.
    Last edited by Lybrial; 2019-02-11 at 09:54 AM.

Hey all.
    Per request, I created a profile on wago.io
    Will upload weakaura-strings as time passes.

wago.io/p/shibben

Only a few more posts and I'll be able to post links

7+ Year Old Account
    Update to my WIP UI.

The squares in the middle are Ironskin Brew/Purifying Brew charges.
    The bars to the left & right of that is Ironskin Brew duration.
    The bar under that is Stagger (elvUI stagger classbar), followed by energy under that.
    Finally the large class-color bar is my HP

Last edited by bjordin; 2019-02-12 at 02:56 PM.

Hello Friends!

Since many of you super sexy interface designers nowadays create unit frames
    using WeakAuras I created something for you! As you all know making WeakAuras
    clickable is a mess and even if you manage to make them clickable it goes hand
    in hand with some bugs.

So what do you need to do? You need to fake the click functionality by creating
    invisible unit frames and positioning them directly under your WeakAuras.

To make your life easier I created a very small and simple oUF Layout.
    Just download, install and adjust to your needs like described in the description.

I think that this solution is a very easy and lightweight solution.
    Last edited by Lybrial; 2019-02-12 at 06:23 PM.

Hello Friends!

Since many of you super sexy interface designers nowadays create unit frames
    using WeakAuras I created something for you! As you all know making WeakAuras
    clickable is a mess and even if you manage to make them clickable it goes hand
    in hand with some bugs.

So what do you need to do? You need to fake the click functionality by creating
    invisible unit frames and positioning them directly under your WeakAuras.

Just download, install and adjust to your needs like described in the description.

You can make frames "rightclickable" with a code snippet
    https://wago.io/S1IzoUUPm

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    You can make frames "rightclickable" with a code snippet
    https://wago.io/S1IzoUUPm
    Yeah as mentioned in the description I know that. But that does not work well.
    I mean the clicking works fine, for sure.
    But other bugs are appearing when you do that. For example that if you make your
    Target Bar clickable in WeakAuras the target bar wont appear when you pull aggro
    without selecting a target before. There are many other bugs.

You can find a post here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...not-showing-up
    Last edited by Lybrial; 2019-02-12 at 07:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    But other bugs are appearing when you do that. For example that if you make your
    Target Bar clickable in WeakAuras the target bar wont appear when you pull aggro

Mine works fine, the way I did it is creating a transparent WA, placed that above my regular weakaura. Let's say a partymember frame.

- When I'm playing with my priest one will load that shields on left click and right click will shadow mend. All my other spells are on mouseover, and or with modifiers.
    (Hovering over the transparent WA/frame still allows the game to target that member)

- When I log my mage, (out of combat) left click is simple to select that member, in combat its decurse and right click is target options.
    - A WA pops up when I can decurse a partymember.
    - Did a similar thing with left click on target frame to spellsteal a buff.

Blizzard made their UI within the same Lua rules, if they got it to work so can you! Building the UI is for me halve the game, I have fun doing so but it can be very time-consuming! I do get faster and faster each time!

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Mine works fine, the way I did it is creating a transparent WA, placed that above my regular weakaura. Let's say a partymember frame.

- When I'm playing with my priest one will load that shields on left click and right click will shadow mend. All my other spells are on mouseover, and or with modifiers.
    (Hovering over the transparent WA/frame still allows the game to target that member)

- When I log my mage, (out of combat) left click is simple to select that member, in combat its decurse and right click is target options.
    - A WA pops up when I can decurse a partymember.
    - Did a similar thing with left click on target frame to spellsteal a buff.

Blizzard made their UI within the same Lua rules, if they got it to work so can you! Building the UI is for me halve the game, I have fun doing so but it can be very time-consuming! I do get faster and faster each time!
    Same for me. Yet I have not been able to solve the issues when I make my WeakAuras clickable (Click for Target and Rightclick Menu).
    Also the feedback I got from the community here and from reddit (when I asked some questions about that topic) suggested not to
    use WeakAuras to create clickable UnitFrames. Not deep enough into all that LUA programming to decide if that is right or wrong.

It seems like you just cant make changes to Secured Frames during combat.

Checkout This DH HUD for example. It has the described issues.
    Last edited by Lybrial; 2019-02-12 at 08:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah, I didn't download it but its most likely because that person is making the actual art clickable. If you do that, all secured Frame limits apply.

I suggest:
    1. Make your bars the way you like.
    2. Then add a new texture aura place it over the location the art/bar would appear. (The rectangle bounding box defines the clickable area)
    3. Apply secure code to the aura and change opacity/alpha channel to 0 of the new aura

Doing it this way, works perfect for me, no issues at all even in combat.

Well yeah, I didn't download it but its most likely because that person is making the actual art clickable. If you do that, all secured Frame limits apply.

I suggest:
    1. Make your bars the way you like.
    2. Then add a new texture aura place it over the location the art/bar would appear. (The rectangle bounding box defines the clickable area)
    3. Apply secure code to the aura and change opacity/alpha channel to 0 of the new aura

Doing it this way, works perfect for me, no issues at all even in combat.
    Yes, that is exactly the way im doing it and everybody else also in all the interactive
    WeakAuras I found. But all had the same bugs.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...not-showing-up

I'm fortunate enough to not have come across those bugs. The only issue I had was making the clickable area only clickable while I actually had something targeted.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I'm fortunate enough to not have come across those bugs. The only issue I had was making the clickable area only clickable while I actually had something targeted.
    Can you post your WA's. I would like to try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by bjordin View Post
    Update to my WIP UI.

The squares in the middle are Ironskin Brew/Purifying Brew charges.
    The bars to the left & right of that is Ironskin Brew duration.
    The bar under that is Stagger (elvUI stagger classbar), followed by energy under that.
    Finally the large class-color bar is my HP

Mind posting what the other frames look like along with some combat shots. So far looks similar to my UI.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Mind posting what the other frames look like along with some combat shots. So far looks similar to my UI.
    For sure, I'll post a pic with raid/party frames when i get home! Also in terms of combat it basically looks the exact same just with Mik's scrolling battle text

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that is exactly the way im doing it and everybody else also in all the interactive
    WeakAuras I found. But all had the same bugs.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...not-showing-up
    This is what I use, the name of the clickable aura is TARGET_CLICK in this case.
    (Trigger for the aura = always active.)

Code:
    local r = WeakAuras.regions["TARGET_CLICK"].region
    if r then 
        local b = CreateFrame("Button", "MySecureWAUnitFrameTarget", UIParent, "SecureUnitButtonTemplate")
        if b then
            local point1, _, relativePoint1, xOfs1, yOfs1 = r:GetPoint()
            local _, _, _, xOfs2, yOfs2 = UIParent:GetPoint();
            local width, height = r:GetWidth(), r:GetHeight();
            b:ClearAllPoints(); 
            b:SetPoint(point1, UIParent, relativePoint1, xOfs1-xOfs2, yOfs1 - yOfs2 );
            b:SetWidth (width);
            b:SetHeight(height);
            b:SetFrameLevel(r:GetFrameLevel() + 2)
            b:SetAttribute("unit","target")
            b:SetAttribute("type","target") -- leftclick
            b:SetAttribute("*type2", "togglemenu") -- rightclick
            b:RegisterForClicks("AnyUp")
            RegisterStateDriver(b, "visibility", "[target=target] show; hide]" );
        end
    end

This is what I use, the name of the clickable aura is TARGET_CLICK in this case.
    (Trigger for the aura = always active.)

Code:
    local r = WeakAuras.regions["TARGET_CLICK"].region
    if r then 
        local b = CreateFrame("Button", "MySecureWAUnitFrameTarget", UIParent, "SecureUnitButtonTemplate")
        if b then
            local point1, _, relativePoint1, xOfs1, yOfs1 = r:GetPoint()
            local _, _, _, xOfs2, yOfs2 = UIParent:GetPoint();
            local width, height = r:GetWidth(), r:GetHeight();
            b:ClearAllPoints(); 
            b:SetPoint(point1, UIParent, relativePoint1, xOfs1-xOfs2, yOfs1 - yOfs2 );
            b:SetWidth (width);
            b:SetHeight(height);
            b:SetFrameLevel(r:GetFrameLevel() + 2)
            b:SetAttribute("unit","target")
            b:SetAttribute("type","target") -- leftclick
            b:SetAttribute("*type2", "togglemenu") -- rightclick
            b:RegisterForClicks("AnyUp")
            RegisterStateDriver(b, "visibility", "[target=target] show; hide]" );
        end
    end
    And where do you put this code? If trigger is always active you put it into action?
    Can you just export your WA and post it? ^^

Hello Friends!

Since many of you super sexy interface designers nowadays create unit frames using WeakAuras I created something for you! As you all know making WeakAuras clickable is a mess and even if you manage to make them clickable it goes hand in hand with some bugs.

So what do you need to do? You need to fake the click functionality by creating invisible unit frames and positioning them directly under your WeakAuras.

Definitely going to look into using this. This is a simple and elegant option to click scripts. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account

I mixed sInterface with Ansi Ui ─ and I think it feels like a mordern classic.