Thread: Post Your UI

This iteration is pretty much done, happy to hear suggestions to improve.

Looks good, if anything I would change the action bars on the side to be mouse over. I'm assuming you have most of your keybinds memorized and all useful CD's are part of the weak aura you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    Love it! I've been working on a ui myself recently, and I really need to get a hold of those party frames. Teach me, master.
    I think everybody's nuts.

Recently returned to classic, an old favorite making a return. Based on one of Hularis layouts.
    Unsure about raid frames, party frames grow up from above ToT.

Solo combat,

Raid combat,
    Last edited by vulpix; 2022-04-18 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nallebjoern View Post
    Time for me to counter-creep! Any chance you have any of those Duke UIs for TBCC? i've been trying to contact Duke about them without success =(
    DM me, and I'll send a link to my Dropbox, it has some of the old files still but I doubt they will be 1:1 usable without some work being done.

WIP

I think everybody's nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Love it! I've been working on a ui myself recently, and I really need to get a hold of those party frames. Teach me, master.
    I don't mind sharing the code, especially considering like 90% of the code is based off of an older addon (oUF_Hank). I just modified it to work for party/raid frames. But it is kind of a hacked together solution that works for me and would probably require some edits to work for someone else. I use a WeakAura to handle buff/debuffs on group frames, for example.

Some months back I was working to package my UI together, but found out quickly that it's a lot of work to make them easily shareable/configurable, especially since I use multiple different addons to make it all work (ElvUI, oUF, Plater, WeakAuras, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by vulpix View Post
    Recently returned to classic, an old favorite making a return. Based on one of Hularis layouts.

Solo combat,
    Maybe it's a silly question, but you don't enable the action bars to be seen all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Albertillo View Post
    Maybe it's a silly question, but you don't enable the action bars to be seen all the time?
    Not at all, actionbars are hidden and I only show some spells that are on cooldown through weakuaras.
    The less clutter there is on my screen the better.

Epic!
    Looks good! Still rock the same layout myself on classic. I'm using the OG zork_UI that someone fixed for BCC. Ignore the Actionbars, I've re-done my keybindings so it is like attempting to re-learn how to play the game.

What font and texture are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulari View Post
    Looks good! Still rock the same layout myself on classic. I'm using the OG zork_UI that someone fixed for BCC. Ignore the Actionbars, I've re-done my keybindings so it is like attempting to re-learn how to play the game.

What font and texture are you using?]
    Wish I had the mental acuity to redo my bindings, some of them are crazy inefficient..

Texture is HalF throughout.
    Gothic Narrow Black for the unitframes and nameplates. Helvetica Bold for the rest.

What is everyone using for their unit frames these days? I remember using Shadowed Unit Frames a ton in the Cata & MOP era, but it looks like Elv UI has taken over.

I'm returning to the game, and always adored farting around with UI mods, especially more graphical/transformative things, like these. Seems like a lot has changed since I last played seriously.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Same, used stuF a lot, but honestly I think people went to Elvui just because all in one package, and customizable. Then anyone still playing either just run default UI or WA everything... we can only hope that the new expansion gets people playing again, which makes people most likely create/update addons

Wish I had the mental acuity to redo my bindings, some of them are crazy inefficient..

Texture is HalF throughout.
    Gothic Narrow Black for the unitframes and nameplates. Helvetica Bold for the rest.
    Any chance you can share the texture ? Looking really good

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    What is everyone using for their unit frames these days? I remember using Shadowed Unit Frames a ton in the Cata & MOP era, but it looks like Elv UI has taken over.

I'm returning to the game, and always adored farting around with UI mods, especially more graphical/transformative things, like these. Seems like a lot has changed since I last played seriously.
    I still use oUF and design my own layout/addons. I like not to rely on other people to do something that doesn't really need and entire suite of addons for basic cosmetic/reorganinzing/tracking needs i have. TukUI/ElvUI were born exactly as oUF layouts and then expanded into what they are today (if you dig inside the addon you will see its oUF running behind).

I'm not saying "it was better before". Just now everyone uses the same thing and changing fonts/placements is not making a different UI.

It's "annoying" to have to deal with addons breaking when it's stuff you made yourself. But honestly in all the years i made my addons, most of the LUA errors i got where either Blizzard changing something on their side or other addons not doing things the right way.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohagi View Post
    What addon is this on your bottom right corner? Looks like XIV Databar but when I check on Curse there's no more updates since BFA.

https://toxiui.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    that quote is from page 1.
    fast forward 13 years and that image is still hosted on photobucket
    Doesn't look so bad for a 13 year old UI imo

___

Excuse the pixellation, it's a still from a video. Here's me rn:

Last edited by Evolixe; 2022-05-29 at 12:20 AM.