Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #27081


    This iteration is pretty much done, happy to hear suggestions to improve.

  2. #27082
    Looks good, if anything I would change the action bars on the side to be mouse over. I'm assuming you have most of your keybinds memorized and all useful CD's are part of the weak aura you have.

  3. #27083

  4. #27084
    The Patient iAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    Love it! I've been working on a ui myself recently, and I really need to get a hold of those party frames. Teach me, master.
    I think everybody's nuts.

  5. #27085
    Recently returned to classic, an old favorite making a return. Based on one of Hularis layouts.
    Unsure about raid frames, party frames grow up from above ToT.


    Solo combat,


    Raid combat,
    Last edited by vulpix; 2022-04-18 at 05:28 PM.

  6. #27086
    Quote Originally Posted by Nallebjoern View Post
    Time for me to counter-creep! Any chance you have any of those Duke UIs for TBCC? i've been trying to contact Duke about them without success =(
    DM me, and I'll send a link to my Dropbox, it has some of the old files still but I doubt they will be 1:1 usable without some work being done.

  7. #27087
    The Patient iAardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    311
    WIP



    I think everybody's nuts.

  8. #27088
    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Love it! I've been working on a ui myself recently, and I really need to get a hold of those party frames. Teach me, master.
    I don't mind sharing the code, especially considering like 90% of the code is based off of an older addon (oUF_Hank). I just modified it to work for party/raid frames. But it is kind of a hacked together solution that works for me and would probably require some edits to work for someone else. I use a WeakAura to handle buff/debuffs on group frames, for example.

    Some months back I was working to package my UI together, but found out quickly that it's a lot of work to make them easily shareable/configurable, especially since I use multiple different addons to make it all work (ElvUI, oUF, Plater, WeakAuras, etc).

  9. #27089
    Quote Originally Posted by vulpix View Post
    Recently returned to classic, an old favorite making a return. Based on one of Hularis layouts.
    Unsure about raid frames, party frames grow up from above ToT.


    Solo combat,
    Maybe it's a silly question, but you don't enable the action bars to be seen all the time?

  10. #27090
    Quote Originally Posted by Albertillo View Post
    Maybe it's a silly question, but you don't enable the action bars to be seen all the time?
    Not at all, actionbars are hidden and I only show some spells that are on cooldown through weakuaras.
    The less clutter there is on my screen the better.

  11. #27091
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by vulpix View Post
    Recently returned to classic, an old favorite making a return. Based on one of Hularis layouts.
    Unsure about raid frames, party frames grow up from above ToT.
    Looks good! Still rock the same layout myself on classic. I'm using the OG zork_UI that someone fixed for BCC. Ignore the Actionbars, I've re-done my keybindings so it is like attempting to re-learn how to play the game.

    What font and texture are you using?


  12. #27092
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulari View Post
    Looks good! Still rock the same layout myself on classic. I'm using the OG zork_UI that someone fixed for BCC. Ignore the Actionbars, I've re-done my keybindings so it is like attempting to re-learn how to play the game.

    What font and texture are you using?]
    Wish I had the mental acuity to redo my bindings, some of them are crazy inefficient..

    Texture is HalF throughout.
    Gothic Narrow Black for the unitframes and nameplates. Helvetica Bold for the rest.

  13. #27093
    Legendary! MonsieuRoberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Weeping Squares, Vilendra, Solus
    Posts
    6,621
    What is everyone using for their unit frames these days? I remember using Shadowed Unit Frames a ton in the Cata & MOP era, but it looks like Elv UI has taken over.

    I'm returning to the game, and always adored farting around with UI mods, especially more graphical/transformative things, like these. Seems like a lot has changed since I last played seriously.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

  14. #27094
    Same, used stuF a lot, but honestly I think people went to Elvui just because all in one package, and customizable. Then anyone still playing either just run default UI or WA everything... we can only hope that the new expansion gets people playing again, which makes people most likely create/update addons

  15. #27095
    Quote Originally Posted by vulpix View Post
    Wish I had the mental acuity to redo my bindings, some of them are crazy inefficient..

    Texture is HalF throughout.
    Gothic Narrow Black for the unitframes and nameplates. Helvetica Bold for the rest.
    Any chance you can share the texture ? Looking really good

  16. #27096
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    What is everyone using for their unit frames these days? I remember using Shadowed Unit Frames a ton in the Cata & MOP era, but it looks like Elv UI has taken over.

    I'm returning to the game, and always adored farting around with UI mods, especially more graphical/transformative things, like these. Seems like a lot has changed since I last played seriously.
    I still use oUF and design my own layout/addons. I like not to rely on other people to do something that doesn't really need and entire suite of addons for basic cosmetic/reorganinzing/tracking needs i have. TukUI/ElvUI were born exactly as oUF layouts and then expanded into what they are today (if you dig inside the addon you will see its oUF running behind).

    I'm not saying "it was better before". Just now everyone uses the same thing and changing fonts/placements is not making a different UI.

    It's "annoying" to have to deal with addons breaking when it's stuff you made yourself. But honestly in all the years i made my addons, most of the LUA errors i got where either Blizzard changing something on their side or other addons not doing things the right way.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

  17. #27097
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohagi View Post
    What addon is this on your bottom right corner? Looks like XIV Databar but when I check on Curse there's no more updates since BFA.

    https://toxiui.com/

  18. #27098
    Immortal Evolixe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    7,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    that quote is from page 1.
    fast forward 13 years and that image is still hosted on photobucket
    Doesn't look so bad for a 13 year old UI imo

    ___

    Excuse the pixellation, it's a still from a video. Here's me rn:

    Last edited by Evolixe; 2022-05-29 at 12:20 AM.

  19. #27099

  20. #27100

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •