Thread: Post Your UI

Anyone knows what this quest tracker is by any chance?

It's definitely not ElvUI. I thought it might be ndUI as it looks similar, but it's not either. From what I can tell, it only really reskins the header background, and the rest is all Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post

It's definitely not ElvUI. I thought it might be ndUI as it looks similar, but it's not either. From what I can tell, it only really reskins the header background, and the rest is all Blizzard.
    Seems the default one, only with a different font (can be replaced by different addons) and the green textures.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Seems the default one, only with a different font (can be replaced by different addons) and the green textures.
    Toggle button seems different too. Textures seem to be class coloured, however. Wouldn't be surprised if that person ripped off the objective tracker skin from ndUI (only the header part) and made it into its own addon. Probably not hard to do either, but I have almost no .lua knowledge.

New default has some way to go. It gives me "minimum viable product" vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Back with some progress update.

Managed to get rid of the new map, also updated xCT+ and changed the system font again.
    Aura Frames addon was discontinued, so I guess I'll have to find another one. In the meantime I'm using SUF to show them.
    Also I couldn't find anything similiar to ForteXorcist timers. I miss that addon so much.

<snip>
    Absolutely gorgeous and brings me back to the good old days

@iAardvark the buff trackers you created for your last UI inspired me to do soemthing similar with my buff/cd tracker addon. Changed the style to fit mine/new Blizzard UI (like borders are all from standard Blizz resources etc). With the same addon i have different methods to create trackers in form of the icons with a swirl, standard statusbars or text only. You can also set text tags and bar/sworl colors in some cases where it makes sense. I'm working on a method to creat stacks counters (cause some buffs/debuffs you want only to know that) - probably making two, text only and combo-like ones.

All frames/icons are movable via a /ca command. Buffs/debuffs only appear when found, CDs are visible only duing combat (cause it makes the most sense to me, in the end i do stuff for personal use).

EDIT: i know in the image the corners of the swirl look offset - i have fixed that in the meantime
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2022-11-09 at 11:35 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    @iAardvark the buff trackers you created for your last UI inspired me to do soemthing similar with my buff/cd tracker addon. Changed the style to fit mine/new Blizzard UI (like borders are all from standard Blizz resources etc). With the same addon i have different methods to create trackers in form of the icons with a swirl, standard statusbars or text only. You can also set text tags and bar/sworl colors in some cases where it makes sense. I'm working on a method to creat stacks counters (cause some buffs/debuffs you want only to know that) - probably making two, text only and combo-like ones.

All frames/icons are movable via a /ca command. Buffs/debuffs only appear when found, CDs are visible only duing combat (cause it makes the most sense to me, in the end i do stuff for personal use).

EDIT: i know in the image the corners of the swirl look offset - i have fixed that in the meantime
    It looks amazing! You should have a chat with Teekey about that. His doing something very similar. It’s amazing. Thumbs up from here!
    I think everybody's nuts.

Now this is very good! fits the new ui perfectly

You guys gave me some inspiration to make a new ui for Dragonflight
    i.imgur.com/How7shZ.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by LoopTest View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous and brings me back to the good old days
    Thank you!! Means a lot.

Also started playing WotLK Classic, so I created similar-ish UI for that. Just some small tweaks and different sizes, font.
    Kinda harder to recreate it, as Plater is just so much more complicated than Kui. Also some other addons don't have a classic version, so I had to search for alternatives. But in the end I managed.

Last edited by Mahcake; 2022-11-13 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post

That's an ElvUI module\plugin called WindTools (https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/elvui-windtools) which has all those options to tweak the quest tracker. Font, color, the break bars size\height\texture, etc.

Keep in mind it changes a LOT of stuff by default (it has a bunch of neat features), but you need to go tab by tab disabling all the bloated stuff they throw in for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    That's an ElvUI module\plugin called WindTools (https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/elvui-windtools) which has all those options to tweak the quest tracker. Font, color, the break bars size\height\texture, etc.

Keep in mind it changes a LOT of stuff by default (it has a bunch of neat features), but you need to go tab by tab disabling all the bloated stuff they throw in for whatever reason.
    It's not Windtools. It's a ripoff of nDui. I found it on NGA. You can tell it's not Windtools as WT reskins icons and progress bars, which this one doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account

will you be releasing this... this is sexy af

Quote Originally Posted by tankknat View Post
    will you be releasing this... this is sexy af
    I could but not through standard channels like Cursr or such - i could wipe the dust off my old WoWinterface addon and put the whole collection of addons in there.

Beware, there are next to zero ingame options cause it's not really meant to be shared, i love coding my own addons, that's it. Most of the stuff/customization required direct lua file editing.

A small video where a pseudo setup is done including nameplates and sone trackers during combat.

There should be a Post Your Default UI thread
    f signatures

10+ Year Old Account
    With the same addon i have different methods to create trackers in form of the icons with a swirl, standard statusbars or text only.
    I take it that this is custom coding you did to add the timer swirl around icons? Looks great!
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I take it that this is custom coding you did to add the timer swirl around icons? Looks great!
    It's an addon i made from scratch, not a weakaura or something lime that. Btw the cooldown "swirl" is literally Blizzard's own cooldown thing you see on actionbars - there are all the methods to use it and do stuff like that, and putting the icon on top of it creates the illusion.

Still can't post images:

imgur . com /a/ 1I3kdkc

All WeakAuras, I'm not sure what to do with anything, I know 0 LUA so this is sorta frankensteined. Buffs are limited to 7, the pink bar is reaction colored but uses RAID_COLORS or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an addon i made from scratch, not a weakaura or something lime that. Btw the cooldown "swirl" is literally Blizzard's own cooldown thing you see on actionbars - there are all the methods to use it and do stuff like that, and putting the icon on top of it creates the illusion.
    Ah, I see. Yeah, that's a clever touch to make a cool-looking effect.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by ausmara View Post
    Still can't post images:

imgur . com /a/ 1I3kdkc

All WeakAuras, I'm not sure what to do with anything, I know 0 LUA so this is sorta frankensteined. Buffs are limited to 7, the pink bar is reaction colored but uses RAID_COLORS or whatever.

https://imgur.com/a/1I3kdkc

looks nice