Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    That's an ElvUI module\plugin called WindTools (https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/elvui-windtools) which has all those options to tweak the quest tracker. Font, color, the break bars size\height\texture, etc.

Keep in mind it changes a LOT of stuff by default (it has a bunch of neat features), but you need to go tab by tab disabling all the bloated stuff they throw in for whatever reason.
    It's not Windtools. It's a ripoff of nDui. I found it on NGA. You can tell it's not Windtools as WT reskins icons and progress bars, which this one doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    @iAardvark the buff trackers you created for your last UI inspired me to do soemthing similar with my buff/cd tracker addon. Changed the style to fit mine/new Blizzard UI (like borders are all from standard Blizz resources etc). With the same addon i have different methods to create trackers in form of the icons with a swirl, standard statusbars or text only. You can also set text tags and bar/sworl colors in some cases where it makes sense. I'm working on a method to creat stacks counters (cause some buffs/debuffs you want only to know that) - probably making two, text only and combo-like ones.

All frames/icons are movable via a /ca command. Buffs/debuffs only appear when found, CDs are visible only duing combat (cause it makes the most sense to me, in the end i do stuff for personal use).

EDIT: i know in the image the corners of the swirl look offset - i have fixed that in the meantime
    will you be releasing this... this is sexy af

Quote Originally Posted by tankknat View Post
    will you be releasing this... this is sexy af
    I could but not through standard channels like Cursr or such - i could wipe the dust off my old WoWinterface addon and put the whole collection of addons in there.

Beware, there are next to zero ingame options cause it's not really meant to be shared, i love coding my own addons, that's it. Most of the stuff/customization required direct lua file editing.

A small video where a pseudo setup is done including nameplates and sone trackers during combat.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

There should be a Post Your Default UI thread
    f signatures

With the same addon i have different methods to create trackers in form of the icons with a swirl, standard statusbars or text only.
    I take it that this is custom coding you did to add the timer swirl around icons? Looks great!
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I take it that this is custom coding you did to add the timer swirl around icons? Looks great!
    It's an addon i made from scratch, not a weakaura or something lime that. Btw the cooldown "swirl" is literally Blizzard's own cooldown thing you see on actionbars - there are all the methods to use it and do stuff like that, and putting the icon on top of it creates the illusion.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

Still can't post images:

imgur . com /a/ 1I3kdkc

All WeakAuras, I'm not sure what to do with anything, I know 0 LUA so this is sorta frankensteined. Buffs are limited to 7, the pink bar is reaction colored but uses RAID_COLORS or whatever.

It's an addon i made from scratch, not a weakaura or something lime that. Btw the cooldown "swirl" is literally Blizzard's own cooldown thing you see on actionbars - there are all the methods to use it and do stuff like that, and putting the icon on top of it creates the illusion.
    Ah, I see. Yeah, that's a clever touch to make a cool-looking effect.

Quote Originally Posted by ausmara View Post
    Still can't post images:

imgur . com /a/ 1I3kdkc

All WeakAuras, I'm not sure what to do with anything, I know 0 LUA so this is sorta frankensteined. Buffs are limited to 7, the pink bar is reaction colored but uses RAID_COLORS or whatever.

https://imgur.com/a/1I3kdkc

looks nice

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Ah, I see. Yeah, that's a clever touch to make a cool-looking effect.
    It's been a while i wanted to tinker with it and finding it was actually already provided as a tool was great to find i have now to fix an annoying bug that happens when i refresh a buff that's near expiration BUT original duration was higher - in this case the cd frame doesn't refresh, just expires normally and then it starts again cause the buff is still running (with correct values as they're updated in real time). Just a case of setting up correctly the "if then else".

I'm back for DragonFlight.

Updated (but 16:10 this time coz I now have a ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 laptop)

Wago here : https://wago.io/A4dHDU2zf

I think it's working now. The skull turns black once a mob is dead, ~80% transparency.

Normal

Sub 20%

Interruptible castbar. Uninterruptable castbar is dark dark grey.
    Last edited by ausmara; 2022-11-24 at 01:27 AM.

I think it's working now. The skull turns black once a mob is dead, ~80% transparency.

Normal

Sub 20%

I'm a fan of the cropped, rectangular icons. Nice look.

Normal

Sub 20%

Super cool. I dig the detail of the (I assume) class indicator square having a slight slant. Looking forward to seeing the whole thing. :-)
    I think everybody's nuts.

Normal

Sub 20%

Would love to see a picture of the whole UI, looks amazing.

NO!

Just no!

Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Super cool. I dig the detail of the (I assume) class indicator square having a slight slant. Looking forward to seeing the whole thing. :-)
    So the red slash is target reaction/class color. The small square with the slant is target of target's reaction/class color. The black and white // before the reaction color were going to be health and power but it looked odd when a unit started with 0 power or ran out of health/power.

Also swapped the regular cast bar for the teal color I used for sub20%, with white text, easier to see out of the corner of my eye for an interrupt.

There isn't really anymore of the UI, target frame was all I worked on so far. The rest is fairly generic ElvUI tweaked how I like it, but I do want to at least clean that up and possibly make a frame for myself, something to easily get across my health power that is similar to my target frame.

Super open to suggestions and ideas, I come here a lot to grab ideas or things to try

Will post another image with labels when I get home and have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    NO!

Just no!
    I mean, I guess it isn't for everyone but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
    I mean, I guess it isn't for everyone but I like it.
    I dig it

characters