Thread: Post Your UI

I completely re-did my UI and this is what it looks like idling

Download Link: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...35-KeyrUI.html
    Last edited by Saiteck; 2012-03-11 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    [/URL]

Touchymcfeel's UI + Clcret and PowerAuras. Actually changed a little the CLCRet distribution, HoF and HoSac are now above 1st ability, on the left side are the CDs Icons (Zea, AW and GoAK) and above them timers for burst/survibality buffs.
    I adore Touchymcfeel's ui. Is there an upload somewhere? LOVE him.

Got the urge after years to fiddle with ye olde UI. Changed the color to purple-ish as opposed to blue-ish. Too girly? =P Redid the mana bar with my old setup where it's the unitframe border. Looking at Duke's old textures made me nostalgic. The last time I had that layout was in ulduar. Time flies when having fun!

I know I'll get asked this by people who used my old UI: What happened to pixel fonts?! 1. I can't see 2. I have to call out CD's in raid (25m) hence I need to keep track of who has what up. 3. A bar list of CD's for spine/madness heroic in pixel fonts make my eyes water. 4. I can't see. 5. I can't see.

I redid Grid2 to the new rewrite version (it took forever good grief). But I have priest, pally, shaman profiles done. Druid should be easy to remake, although I don't have access to my druid's account at the moment.

I'm to the point of not having unitframes visible, since all I do is heal and I have raidframes for that. I might place them to just appear on mouseover and see how I like it.

Last edited by Benea; 2012-03-11 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post

Here is my UI during Yor HC, slightly modified LUI, images tend not to show the UI 'in action' so....le video. I have tried other UIs and I always end up coming back to LUI as it feels like a comfy pair of PJs. Any questions about the UI, or how I changed it/certain addons I'll happily answer
    I used LUI for a while but then I realized all the pretty art n shit just got in the way so I switched to just using bartender and xperl for unit frames. It looked nice but really, you don't need all that. Other than that... I FUCKING LOVED both of those songs in the video!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MaotheKing View Post
    Does this mean I will get your UI just as it looks on the screenshot? I follow the instructions but it looks like fooken pure shit. I get so frustrated.

Can someone please tell me step to step what to actually do?
    Well u can start by reading the installation guide..... Worked for my friend to install it like that.

Yuma

Edit: on the phone atm can help more later, around 15.00
    Last edited by mmoc2569500d57; 2012-03-11 at 10:28 AM.

I adore Touchymcfeel's ui. Is there an upload somewhere? LOVE him.
    /blush

Anyway, I haven't posted my UI anywhere for three reasons, here are the TL/DR explanation:
    • Copyright. I don't have a legal right to distribute addons and I think securing that right (by asking every addon author to allow me to include their work in a UI pack) would be too time consuming to be worthwhile. I want to respect the rights of people who volunteered to write code that made my life easier.
    • Support. When you release a UI pack you have to keep it updated, something I can't always promise. It also binds you from experimentation: I couldn't swap my unit frames to try something new without upsetting people who liked the old ones. You're also expected to help with configuration issues (ie: different resolutions) and help sort out addon conflicts. I just don't have enough time to offer good support. There's already a 2-3 day lag on responding to youtube comments and an official pack would only make it worse. I think I owe people better than that and I just can't do that right now.
    • My UI is good, if it's any good at all, because it's designed to do what I think a good UI should do. If there's any value in my interface it's that it shows you can take off-the-shelf addons and configure them to work together reasonably well. That's why I made a series of videos showing how I built it. Hopefully people will see that my unit frames are just pitbull, see the process I used to configure it, and then be able to integrate it into their own UI creation. I think that's way more valuable than just posting a UI folder and hoping people can make it work. "Give a man a fish and you've fed him for a day. Teach a man to fish…"

I made videos showing how I made my UI a few months ago and that's probably where I'll leave it. I've been playing with a new UI for my new resto druid (and old prot paladin): those do 25m heroic raids at a more casual pace than my priest: maybe there's some value in showing where their UI comes from.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51; 2012-03-11 at 04:16 PM. Reason: double posted.

Deleted
    Current UI:

This is for our first hc blackhorn kill

Deleted
    what ui is that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    My latest UI. Heavly inspiried by Speedtrax's UI, which seems to be based on some Led++(?) UI. Still a work in progress. It is intended for high level raiding and PvP. Not 100% sure if I like the cooldown progress bars under my player frame. Will probably use icons instead. Still have to fix left raid menu, minimap icon, error and combat text. Any feedback is appreciated.

Idle:

Combat:
    I see this kind of (combat) UI alot, and I can help wondering why there's nog actionbars visible (during combat), anyone care to explain how one can manage to combat without actionbars?

Quote Originally Posted by BullzRulez View Post
    I see this kind of (combat) UI alot, and I can help wondering why there's nog actionbars visible (during combat), anyone care to explain how one can manage to combat without actionbars?
    Alot of people (myself included) know there keybinds by heart and when to exactly use them. So seeing the spells aint even needed.

My currently Ui.
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Deleted
    Sure but first give me a reason why you actually need actionbars visible in combat?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Sure but first give me a reason why you actually need actionbars visible in combat?
    Seeing your cooldowns? I have 2x action bars so I can see what cooldowns I have available. But I PvP mainly where it matters I guess, in PvE you need less cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    Seeing your cooldowns? I have 2x action bars so I can see what cooldowns I have available. But I PvP mainly where it matters I guess, in PvE you need less cooldowns.
    You need plenty of cooldowns in pve. The exact number of which varies per class. However many UI's track CDs with other methods including power/weak aura's icons, bars, or icons.

Note on the very UI that you quoted it had CDs (Prayer of Mending, HolyFire) in a bar style (not action bar).

Epic UIs people..pretty nice

Deleted
    I track my cooldowns using WeakAuras. This way I can filter away all the unnecessary icons. The goal is of course to only show cooldowns when they are relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid's ui. My Holy pallys ui is the same

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-03-12 at 10:15 PM.

Playing since '04

Deleted
    I think its good to have 2 different addons showing cds, one where the buttons dont dissapear when its off cd and 1 when that dissapears when its off, that way u wont lose time thinking , hmm what spell havent i casted now, if u really care about not losing about 1 sec casting a new spell , thats what i do atleast

i like actionbars, and i use my version of omnicc to display cooldowns. Still i use an uaura tracker to look at determined buffs (debuffs are displayed on target frame)
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted

You can check one of the kill videos to see it in action