Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #8861

    Transparent SUF

    How can I make my unitframes transparent? Earlier in this thread there are several links (unfortunately I cannot link shit yet.)

    If any of your could possibly tell me how I manage that, or give me a link leading to somewhere else, It'd be awesome.
    This far I can flip my background with my health bar.
    So I have a black "background", which gets overwritten when I lose health. The last thing I need to do is to make this "background" transparent (which I cannot figure out how to do, Not even the overall background changes this)

    I hope any of you can assist me here

  2. #8862
    You can look for the Pitbull part of Touchymcfeel's UI tutorial, he does exactly that.


  3. #8863
    Quote Originally Posted by zakalwei View Post
    Thanks to this thread for inspiration, I bit the bullet and did a complete reset of my Elv when the patch came dropped:

    --

    Raiding tomorrow so I'll take some action shots then
    And please upload it to imgur.com or so. Imageshack is ... crap. It resizes your screenshots.
    LynUII'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

  4. #8864
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    And please upload it to imgur.com or so. Imageshack is ... crap. It resizes your screenshots.
    Imageshack isnt crap, you just have to select NOT to resize when uploading

  5. #8865
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyMia View Post
    Imageshack isnt crap, you just have to select NOT to resize when uploading
    Imageshack is still crap.

  6. #8866
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyMia View Post
    Imageshack isnt crap, you just have to select NOT to resize when uploading
    It is crap and will always be.

    --

    Ah, and for topic: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/WoW...912_135650.jpg
    LynUII'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

  7. #8867
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,008
    Redid after Elv's reset. Still want to figure out how to get the chats all on the left and remove the borders of it =/.

    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-11-29 at 08:36 PM.

  8. #8868
    Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    Redid after Elv's reset. Still want to figure out how to get the chats all on the left and remove the borders of it =/.
    /ec -> Chat -> Panel Backdrop -> Hide Both

  9. #8869
    Restarted my UI again due to the ElvUI reset. Looks very similar to before, except for hidden unitframes when outside of combat or when casting spells.


    Have not gotten very far so far (I've been busy ^_^). Will fiddle with it more when I've got some spare time

    EDIT: Imgur keeps ruining the quality of my screenshots
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-11-30 at 06:27 AM.

  10. #8870
    Pandaren Monk solvexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    all 3 of those skins look to me like ElvUI with ElvUI SkinAddon (half bar skin)for DBM

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 03:13 AM ----------



    *updated with my UI in a 5man*


    What are you using to get your buffs to have timers like that?
    The green bars below them look sick.

  11. #8871
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Imgur keeps ruining the quality of my screenshots
    I love that subzone for taking UI screenshots. It's such a nice place.

    Also, I switched to abload.de for hosting screenshots, doesn't massacre the quality like imgur.

  12. #8872
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Thats quite nice, mouseover or hidden during combat for your bars?

    Offtopic: Fan of Iain M Banks?
    Thanks! I have most of the bars as mouseover and off to the side for non essential things. There is a mouseover one just to the right of the player UF. Swapped in Vuhdo as I can't heal without it but now I'm trying to work out why it refuses to display HoT icons instead of just the text. Most bizarre...although I did copy someone elses WTF settings to get the look and feel right.

    Aye big fan of his books. Primarily the culture stuff but just find he is such a fantastic writer I really enojy all his novels!

    EDIT: yes to all those saying Imageshack is indeed rubbish

  13. #8873
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    What are you using to get your buffs to have timers like that?
    The green bars below them look sick.
    Those green timers below my buffs is a plugin for ElvUI called VisualAuraTimers.

  14. #8874
    Cant post me UI yet Cuz im at Work.

    Also still W.I.P.
    Thing to do:
    vertical text focus/target's Target.
    minimap position
    Top bar with stats/bag/gold/ect. info.
    getting nice font.


    So im using pitbull 4 and i just cant find out how to do Vertical names..
    Focus and Target's target are both Vertical bars but the names are Horizontal.

    All i can show u is an early version which had some fresh changes compared to my old ui, it changed a bit after this one just didnt had much time to complete the list of things to do.

    What changed..
    Skada
    BigWigs bar location
    Location cast bar focus/target's target
    Some weak Aura's positions and DoT's Fire Mage / Shadow Offspec / DK diseases
    Grid Side Icon positions.

    Last 3 isnt visible on the SS ill add a screenshot with all my Aura's active.

    Early stage + remains old UI WiP screenshot yes its on imageshack dont judge me !


    Just undecided where to go with me minimap.
    Changed my UI alot of times and had tbh having the minimap bottom middle between unit frames was best but got a bit crowded.
    So im thinking of Bottom Right corner or Top Left corner

  15. #8875
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    -
    Threatbar width looks a little off, and the UF auras could use a little more spacing so the borders don't look cut off. =)

  16. #8876


    My UI in action on Feng.

  17. #8877
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    I love that subzone for taking UI screenshots. It's such a nice place.

    Also, I switched to abload.de for hosting screenshots, doesn't massacre the quality like imgur.
    Yeah, your screenshots looked great so I thought I'd try find "your spot" :P
    Just tested out abload.de and found that it is indeed much better. Will be using this in future, thanks!

  18. #8878
    Stood in the Fire Guyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Xpost from the other thread

    Obviously DBM bars still need some love + I should remove raid markers from Vuhdo but I'm quite happy with the rest of the UI for now...

    The healers mana bars frame (bottom left, right on top of the chat box) and combat timer (left of Forte) have proven more than useful during progression!!

    (skip to 0:15 for UI)

    which addon u use for healers mana bars?
    tnx

  19. #8879
    It's got a thumbnail guide too.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

  20. #8880
    Quote Originally Posted by zakalwei View Post
    Thanks! I have most of the bars as mouseover and off to the side for non essential things. There is a mouseover one just to the right of the player UF. Swapped in Vuhdo as I can't heal without it but now I'm trying to work out why it refuses to display HoT icons instead of just the text. Most bizarre...although I did copy someone elses WTF settings to get the look and feel right.

    Aye big fan of his books. Primarily the culture stuff but just find he is such a fantastic writer I really enojy all his novels!

    EDIT: yes to all those saying Imageshack is indeed rubbish
    Recently stumbled across a book of his, read it and was instantly hooked. Should be grabbing his newest one (The Hydrogen Sonata) for christmas!

    Ontopic, @pixil...looking damn good! im still tweaking mine here and there, will post when im a little more happy with it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •