Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    *SNIP*
    I love watching Solvexx's paladin movies (makes me wanna level one) all the QQ over rets being "useless" has been proved to be wrong in these videos. yes you have some uptime buffs to manage but so did feral in wrath / cata and now (ofc its "easier" now) but still. Nice UI to solv ^^ really nice and clean and keep the ret videos coming. Love them all.

Deleted
    I quite like what I have done with darkened textures.
    Took a long time but I added in a lot that were missing, moved around and added my own flare.

Please, all advice and help is loved.
    I love your damage font text, what is it!? - EDIT: Nvm, it's Hooge.

Also, what's the name of the RBG addon? I've forgotten.
    Last edited by mmoc37caee976f; 2013-02-19 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post

Are you asking about BattlegroundTargets?

Deleted
    EDIT: Nvm, it's Hooge.
    Hooge? Link plx, I'd like that text too Cheers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakojako View Post
    Hooge? Link plx, I'd like that text too Cheers

One of many links

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    I love watching Solvexx's paladin movies (makes me wanna level one) all the QQ over rets being "useless" has been proved to be wrong in these videos. yes you have some uptime buffs to manage but so did feral in wrath / cata and now (ofc its "easier" now) but still. Nice UI to solv ^^ really nice and clean and keep the ret videos coming. Love them all.
    Thank you so much for your kind words. :3
    My UI really isn't much other than default.
    Have some extra stuff that is personal taste like PvP addons and ect, but not much else.

It's called BattlegroundTargets and as someone else has said the font is Hooge. :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    The second one was done with about about weak-auras -- everything you can see except for the portrait. For the portrait I'm 99% sure that was a custom little addon with three functions:
    • Draw a 3d model for target/target
    • target the player when left-clicked
    • show the normal menu when right clicked
    If it wasn't a completely one-off addon then it was KGPanels with a bit of lua -- which is effectively the same thing. In either case the vast majority was weak auras. The "render a 3d portrait for a unit" code cut/paste from either pitbull or stuf. So far as I know there aren't any "just draw a 3d portrait of this unit" addons but I haven't looked very hard either

The second one does a lot of things really wrong - it looks pretty. It shows very well in a video too. If I were playing on a Mac and recording raids without a UI, I'd probably make something like that as a "fake UI" that I could superimpose for a kill video. to actually use it in combat is kinda rough. It was fine for like farming deathwing at 30% or facerolling 5-man content but it's really bad for doing something "hard".

The cool stuff (like predicting effective health, highlights for crossing "phase change" HP percentages) can be done in anything. The layout that you see is pretty bloody bad and I'd encourage you to take as little from that as possible (even the pixel fonts are tasteless IMO). The tiny text/icons take too much mental effort to parse. I really need get that "why that ui sucks" thing posted so that nobody feels tempted to copy it.

--- The first one was a combination of weak auras and (I think) pitbull. Weak auras provided the 3d fancyness for class/buff/debuff and then pitbull was the text/click target/etc. I recall that the font was Gotham edited to include small-caps because wow doesn't do advanced typography (kait is very clever when it comes to things like that).

I think that approach is probably better for the typical person -- let an existing unit frame addon do the bulk of the lifting and then "enhance" it with weak aura. Trying to replace it wholesale is a difficult task. It's not obvious at first, but you're left to do a lot of work that is normally covered by your unit frames (like handling clicks, menus, entering/exiting vehicles, possessing mobs, etc). Without learning a fair bit about lua and how WoWAPI works it's probably not something you'd be able to pull off any other way. Maybe it'd be possible with RDX but I haven't played with that since like BWL was end-game and I doubt it would be any less learning if it still exists.

I don't use the term to be derogatory, I just mean to identify the "nerds among nerds". I like to imagine myself in that group but I suspect I'm probably not that clever. I admit to being one of those people with a tricked-out shell setup that was done to "maximize efficiency" while actually writing maybe 30 lines of good code per day. Truth is: it really is just fun to play with sometimes.
    Alright, I managed to make something similar with stuf, which is fine. I didnt wanted the ball thingy.
    But do you know if it's possible to make my unitframes' text change color depending on what health i'm at?
    They're white like yours, so my thought is.. Can they go like yellow at 50%, orange at 35% and red at 25% ?

with oUF you can do all what you want

I quite like what I have done with darkened textures.
    Took a long time but I added in a lot that were missing, moved around and added my own flare.
    snip

Please, all advice and help is loved.
    What are using for cast bars and Nameplates?
    Also are the black textures packed somewhere online?

Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    What are using for cast bars and Nameplates?
    Also are the black textures packed somewhere online?
    Cast bars are completely default, I just changed what texture the border and middle bit uses.
    Nameplates are an editied version of TidyPlates Quatre I believe.

If you just want a general darkened texture pack the best thing to do is go and
    download: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ITextures.html
    There's a ton of stuff that I added and changed that is to my own personal taste.
    Such as border changes for a lot of default stuff like cast bars and ect.
    As well as some stuff that didn't already exist in that pack.

I feel like the above pack would suit your needs better than using what I have created.

But do you know if it's possible to make my unitframes' text change color depending on what health i'm at?
    They're white like yours, so my thought is.. Can they go like yellow at 50%, orange at 35% and red at 25% ?

Sure. Just write the function that outputs the health percentage text to colorize it. You can do colorized text by formatting it: "|cAARRGGBBblahblahblah|r" where AA, RR, GG, and BB are alpha, red, green, blue values (hex values).

So you'd start by defining some variables to hold your colors: local r,g,b = 0,0,0
    then you'd figure out the units percentage health local perchp = UnitHealth("target") / UnitHealthMax("target")
    and change the colors based on the percentage if pechp >= 0.5 then r,g,b = 0, 255, 0 elsif perhp >= .35 then r,g,b =…
    then return a string with with the colorized text: return String.format("|c%02x%02x%02x%.1f|r", r,g,b,perchp*100)

Maybe before you compare percent health you check the unit's status (offline, disconnected, charmed, etc) and set it accordingly - but the basic idea is the same: make a custom function, figure out the text + RGB values, return a formatted string.

I suspect (but don't know) that stuf has a "color health by percentage" option so that it'll fade from green -> yellow -> red as it drops. If that's good enough then you can skip all the legwork and just use that.

Solvexx, your HoPo addon is also just changed textures? Or a different addon?
    oh, honey.

I could do it both ways I believe.
    But since I wanted more customisation like alpha, hiding outside of combat and ect I decided to use
    someone elses addon in conjunction with the textures I made to save myself some time.

It's an addon called MovableHolyPower.
    Maybe I should do it all myself.. Hmm..

I've given it some thought and I would like to attempt making a "Guildwars2" type UI for wow, any suggestions on what i could use for the health orb?

Could I theoretically do it with some awesome Weak Auras?
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-02-21 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I've given it some thought and I would like to attempt making a "Guildwars2" type UI for wow, any suggestions on what i could use for the health orb?

Could I theoretically do it with some awesome Weak Auras?
    Take a look in this compilation.
    wowinterface.com/downloads/info20684-ButgerStijlUIGuildWars2.html

Quote Originally Posted by muffz View Post
    Take a look in this compilation.
    wowinterface.com/downloads/info20684-ButgerStijlUIGuildWars2.html
    Awh someone already did it...well that puts a bit of a dampener on it...Wanted a project to work on now my guild has died...

Edit: Anyone know of an addon that can make castbars semi-circle shaped? like (<- that only horizontal
    Edit2: For unitframes Stuf or Shadowed?
    Edit3: Anyone know what font is in the chat in this pic http://i.imgur.com/yoxyY.jpg
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-02-21 at 01:51 AM.

Awh someone already did it...well that puts a bit of a dampener on it...Wanted a project to work on now my guild has died...

Edit: Anyone know of an addon that can make castbars semi-circle shaped? like (<- that only horizontal
    You will need a lot of custom code...

Edit3: Anyone know what font is in the chat in this pic
    Stuf has a semi circle texture which is generally used to configure it as a HUD.

All you need to do is apply this to Stuf's castbar and under castbar options you should be able to rotate it to work horizontally.

Quote Originally Posted by muffz View Post
    You will need a lot of custom code...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalistez View Post
    Stuf has a semi circle texture which is generally used to configure it as a HUD.

All you need to do is apply this to Stuf's castbar and under castbar options you should be able to rotate it to work horizontally.
    Got some ideas/addons I can use, gonna start working on it today/tomorrow see what i can come up with

Anyone know a Minimap that I can increase the size of the shown area?

Edit: Using Stuf unitframes, anyone know how to make the full name of the target show, cant seem to figure it out atm
    Edit2:Anyone know how to remove that red border around debuff?
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-02-21 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Fixed vague wording

Edit3: Anyone know what font is in the chat in this pic http://i.imgur.com/yoxyY.jpg
    Since I made a GW2 UI myself.. and used the font, it's called: Cronos Pro
    oh, honey.