Thread: Post Your UI

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Changed bar textures to match the unit frames, added an updated list of debuffs in ToT (tank ones mainly since thats what I main) and boss buffs/debuffs (shell concussion, etc).

Damage meter hides during combat. BigWigs appear under the minimap, then move to the left of the player frame.

Shaman UI

Monk UI

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-04-10 at 01:14 PM.

My super fancy UI!

(Not allowed to post it as a photo, sadly)

Always liked to keep it simple, and currently not using a single addon.. But at times use Recount just to keep tabs on the dps, or healing. Or use Tidyplates for easier dot management when playing Warlock/Boomkin.. Normally stick with a clean build though!
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-04-10 at 01:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrubKitty View Post
    Fancy screenshot;

Playing around with ElvUI
    Would you mind sharing you're settings/upload it? It's one of the best edits of Elv UI I've seen so far.

Deleted
    @Coldkill
    Hmm thanks. I thought that binding both clicks into a button is impossible but some is actually capable of checking the world marker status via:
    Code:
    IsRaidMarkerActive(index)
    ClearRaidMarker(index)
    PlaceRaidMarker(index)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Playing with the idea of having a cooldown bar with specific cooldowns for each spec as well as three 'main' cooldowns for each spec instead of having coolLine.

They're not aligned or spaced out properly it's just the initial position I thought about placing it. C&C welcome!
    Wow - i'm in love with that UI. How can i get my hands on that?!

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    @Coldkill
    Hmm thanks. I thought that binding both clicks into a button is impossible but some is actually capable of checking the world marker status via:
    Code:
    IsRaidMarkerActive(index)
    ClearRaidMarker(index)
    PlaceRaidMarker(index)
    Well, the idea i had was more like in practice to use 2 different buttons and only show the one i need (being it place mark or cancel mark). If i place them in the same position, they will look like a single one - but i will use my own textures and not the Blizz ones.

These functions will make it manageble imho. Your addon would look truly awesome if it ends being a tidy minimal single row of buttons. Mine will be tied to a slash command i assume, because i don't like much the mouseover thing.

Raid markers are needed before the fight begins - add a combat check so accidental mouseovering won't bring it out (it covers a very little space, but whatever).

EDIT: wtf, we just need a single script on click (pseudo-code)
    Code:
    if IsRaidMarkerActive(index) then
      --show mark icon, hide delete icon code here
      ClearRaidMarker(index)
    else
      --show delete icon, hide mark icon code here
      PlaceRaidMarker(index)
    end
    This way also the icon on button will update reflecting what clickis on button will trigger.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-04-10 at 01:44 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Correct. That is what I do already:
    http://code.google.com/p/rothui/sour...er/core.lua#68

Currently experimenting with secure code execution.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-04-10 at 02:11 PM.

The only thing that always gets me with looking at others UIs both here and on WoWInterface is how people manage to only have usually one or sometimes two very tiny bars; on all my toons I end up needing to use the 3rd, 4th and beyond action bars just so I can see at a glance what the cooldowns are on things. Even with keybinds (and I use a lot. On my Warrior I have I think over 30 keybinds, and on my baby Warlock now I have I think about 12) I couldn't imagine having one say 10-button bar visible and the rest hidden or faded out. Is the idea to just use WeakAuras or similar to track the cooldowns instead of having visible buttons?

Couldn't be assed to spend hours and hours on a good UI, so I scrounged up a mediocre one. Go to town on it if you're bored. :P

Solo
    http://i.imgur.com/7gC1ZBi.jpg

Group:
    http://i.imgur.com/u8l7PSD.jpg

Well, it's not that bad - the basic layout is good. Just use the font you have fior all addons also for the datatext above, and make things a little smaller i don't think you need that big unitframes and chatframe.

I've seen a lot worse ones ^^
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Pic is too big for the forums. One of two concepts I'm working on heal bar wise (rectangles get boring after so many years).

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-04-12 at 09:55 AM.

Yeah, I had a big obsession over large UFs not too long ago. I'll be working on the UI and will be reducing them, I'll post an update in a couple or so weeks. Should be 100% to my satisfaction in a couple months, just don't want to spend all that time in one sitting.

Thinking about going for a New ui but not sure what to go for, elements of my current UI are starting to become invisible and such
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-04-13 at 01:09 PM.

Been playing with this for a while now
    Last edited by Quenios; 2013-04-14 at 12:53 AM.

Deleted
    My bad copy of Emery's very clean UI, was fun to try but sadly I couldn't find a practical use for it, maybe I just needed more time to work on it and flesh it out a bit more, either way I didn't get around to finishing certain things (sct, weakauras etc) however I actually kinda liked it so here are some screenshots.

http://i.imgur.com/Nq4nYck.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VRRdof6.jpg

And the UI I've been using for the last 4 years, saw the concept somewhere and it just stuck with me;

http://i.imgur.com/ovs2P7Y.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/muRCAAC.jpg
    Last edited by mmocee72ac48eb; 2013-04-14 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Playing with the idea of having a cooldown bar with specific cooldowns for each spec as well as three 'main' cooldowns for each spec instead of having coolLine.

They're not aligned or spaced out properly it's just the initial position I thought about placing it. C&C welcome!
    Care, your ouf edit/cd icons/ui are amazing! Any chance of an upload for a .lua scrub like myself?!?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenios View Post
    Been playing with this for a while now
    Ah, Quenios. I loved your UI you were using during T12!

Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    Ah, Quenios. I loved your UI you were using during T12!
    Thanks The UI you are talking about is it this one? I have not even updated the page since back then.

Anyway, updated my proc tracking etc. since the SS above. Here is a video of it.

Deleted

Getting around to manually skinning Raven. Very powerful AddOn, just doesn't have too much in the way of styling options I still love it, though <3