Thread: Post Your UI

I have all my AB hidden except like 5 buttons and use WA/forte exorcist to show the CDs of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    I have all my AB hidden except like 5 buttons and use WA/forte exorcist to show the CDs of them.
    This.

I can't stand a cluttered screen. I Have my main bar shown which is basically 1-9.

Everything else is hidden and I have WA cds/uptimes shown for everything I need to see. I also use Coolline.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

I kinda like this now. What could I improve on this layout you think?
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-05-26 at 07:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Changed around my UI a bit today. I had everything gray before, the DoT bars, buff bars, unit frames, and raid frames, and it made it hard to differentiate the spells. So I made it a little more bold and colorful, and at first I thought I wasn't going to be pleased with it, but I kinda am.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions, please, let me know

http://img.pixelperfekt.me/ui/LyUI-Raid.jpg
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-05-26 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Don't embed full-size images. Instead, use image hosts that support thumbnails, please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post

I kinda like this now. What could I improve on this layout you think?
    I could offer by best criticism if I saw a combat dungeon/raid shot

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra View Post
    What are the panels(?) for behind the player and target frame? and did you see what I said about your raid frame few pages back?
    kgPanels. I just looked and I like them being on-top. Putting them behind feels awkward.

Completely gone off the pixel font so I got rid of it again. Found an old font I had in wrath that has no capital letters in it so went with it instead of pixel fonts.

I like it much more now.

higher quality

PS. LF RBG team for my warrior, can't break into RBGs at all ):
    Last edited by Hulari; 2013-05-26 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post

Completely gone off the pixel font so I got rid of it again. Found an old font I had in wrath that has no capital letters in it so went with it instead of pixel fonts.
    May I ask which font this is? Intrigued to try this font out, looks interesting!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
    May I ask which font this is? Intrigued to try this font out, looks interesting!
    It is Myriad Pro. I used a font editor to copy the non-capital letters over the capital letters. (:

I can't remember the program I used in all honesty, I found the font on a USB stick I had in my PC parts box. Had a few old things backed up on that USB stick!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    I could offer by best criticism if I saw a combat dungeon/raid shot
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-05-26 at 08:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    1) Remove Elv's skinning of your Omen, and make the background+borders transparent. I'd personally swap text and colour so the Text is class colour and you have no bars, looks a lot cleaner.

2) Your incoming combat text overlaps your target frame, move it maybe?

3) You're using multiple fonts, stick to the same?

Those are the main things from my point of view, if you want to keep your Skada embedded and chat backdrop panels then that's cool. It saves a lot of screen space/makes things looks nicer if you don't however, imo.

Hope it helped.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fonts, there's only 2 fonts I think I'm using right now. The chat font and the combat text font. I like the combat text font, but I can't read it as a chat font unless I make it super big, then it kinda defeats the purpose imo. And I meant to move the combat text, didn't realize it was over the target frame.

I'll try that with the omen and see how it looks. I'm just worried because of my horrible eyesight.

I only need to see the other tank on Omen so that's why it's so small. Just need to see if I'm going to surpass them in threat on tank swaps. And I'm almost thinking of using something like TinyDPS instead of Skada and just making it super minimal because I really don't need it because I got DeathNote for deaths, etc.
    Last edited by Bryce; 2013-05-26 at 10:46 PM.

I'd change the unit frame font to match the combat text font for consistency

Deleted
    Out of Combat:

Quick Combat snap:

Weakauras:

Tweaked some things and some stuff.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by mmoc37caee976f; 2013-05-26 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post

I like it much more now.
    Agreed, much nicer font especially for chat. Pixel fonts are fine for 'static' text (quest watcher/unit frames) but for chat... not so much. The whole no-caps thing is a clever style. Not sure I could use it personally, but a very unique look.

Looks clean and simple, there is just one thing that get's my OCD spinning! and that is that most of your texts has an outline, but your datatexts and coolline does not, I'd give those an outline to hold the consistency going!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks way better than mine

Wished I could get something that looked way better.

With the unitframe text changes.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-05-27 at 06:01 AM.

I've always believed video is the best way to show the full functionality of a UI.
    A darkened version of default UI with added functionality.

Looking for suggestions on minimalization.

I honestly don't understand how so many of you can live with such little information on your screens. This is my UI as stripped as possible.
    In combat DPS, annotated.
    If you have any suggestions for removing things, I'd love to hear them.

OOC DPS

Healing UI

@Bryce: Idk if it's imgur giving you shit quality, but it looks like you have monochrome on for your combattext whilst you're not using a pixelfont, I'd try and change that and it should be easier to decipher.
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

Asking here - has anyone problems woth nameplates? The castbar name/time thing; probably Blizzard has added some new regions i don't manage in my addon
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.