Thread: Post Your UI

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my current UI. Well my only UI I can use with ease. The layout was inspired by Pixil and their layout.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...lvUI.html#info

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    I would not use bright borders ever.
    Agreed, it looks real bad:/

Ya'll don't be too harsh with Ryas, you have to know his Ui history (like I do) to understand the white borders
    I, myself, used white borders once upon a time!

@ Ryas,
    I'm sure you can come up with a good solution to include those data texts into the layout, as currently they look lonely pushed away to the bottom all alone

Also, I don't know if the buff bar is working well there, maybe if the timers weren't set outside the icons?

Glad to see you posting again

<3
    Ish

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Ya'll don't be too harsh with Ryas, you have to know his Ui history (like I do) to understand the white borders

@ Ryas,
    I'm sure you can come up with a good solution to include those data texts into the layout, as currently they look lonely pushed away to the bottom all alone

Also, I don't know if the buff bar is working well there, maybe if the timers weren't set outside the icons?

<3
    Ish
    Ish!!! Does your UI support Arena Prep Frames?

I got regular arena frames working...but i HATE HATE HATE bliz's default arena prep frames...

Is this in the works ever? I love PVP!!!!

<3 your UI

Hmmm, Arena frames...I will take a look and see, send me a pm with the specifics of what info would need to be displayed, my own pvp experience stops at bg's.

Hmmm, Arena frames...I will take a look and see, send me a pm with the specifics of what info would need to be displayed, my own pvp experience stops at bg's.
    Ish, is there anyway I can make the background for the cast bar a little bigger, its a touch small for my preference.
    Edit - Its kgpanels - being braindead after a week of nightshifts -,-'
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-06-18 at 11:21 PM.

Used the same layout as cares UI in Elv. Turned out alright i think.
    i.imgur.com/oLIV2aJ.jpg
    Last edited by kornzy; 2013-06-18 at 10:35 PM.

@Ish

Downloaded your UI been tweaking it to fit/work @ 1440x900

^-- this is how it looks atm. Just gotten home after a week of night shifts so my brain is a bubbling pool of mess so point out if ive missed anything and ima get on it nice and quick.

Edit: is there any way to get just my debuffs on the target to show like the buffs above the player frame?
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-06-18 at 11:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

@ Ryas,

<3
    Ish
    I think I've been around as long as your have, hell, probably longer. But that bright of white looks a bit assaulting to the eyes :P. I would still keep them light colored, but make them a bit darker than they are now. I've always loved Ryas' UIs ever since BC.

That picture Saeto drew up on a critique calling him a gold farmer comes to mind xD

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

Anyone able to post / repost the code for skada that shortens the damage number - from 1005929503 into like 100.53m

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Anyone able to post / repost the code for skada that shortens the damage number - from 1005929503 into like 100.53m
    I think this is it:

Code:
    local SkadaFormatValueText = Skada.FormatValueText

local function FormatValues(value, enabled, ...)
    	if value == nil then
    		return
    	elseif ( type(value) == "number" or ( type(value) == "string" and value:match("^[-+]?[%d.,]+$") )) and tonumber(value) > 1000 then
    		value = Skada:FormatNumber(tonumber(value))
    	end
    	return value, enabled, FormatValues(...)
    end

function Skada:FormatValueText(...)
    	return SkadaFormatValueText(self, FormatValues(...))
    end

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabella View Post
    I think I've been around as long as your have, hell, probably longer.
    Well, if you've been in the Ui game since 2005 when discord was the shiz and Hal was pumping out quality work like this:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Dauk/media/1.jpg.html
    then, yes, you've been around as long as I have :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellabella View Post
    That picture Saeto drew up on a critique calling him a gold farmer comes to mind xD
    I miss Rob

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'll be releasing an updated version of Ly UI this weekend. However, since Ish released his masterpiece of a UI, I doubt anyone is interested :P

I added a new minimalist bag addon, new data texts, added the quest log from ish's ui (love it), added rogue anticipation charges (because my rogue is now level 90 and ilvl 483, yay!), resized the dot timers so they won't overlap the entire character, and also replaced vuhdo with grid because vuhdo kept being weird. I'll leave my old vuhdo lua files just incase anyone wants to use vuhdo instead. There might be a few more tiny changes too, but I can't think of them now. The base of the design is still the same, though I am contemplating moving down the unit frames maybe 50px or so.

I have one question. I'm using Stuf, and I have the boss' buffs shown under their unit frame, however, each buff has a 2px colored border on each icon. How can I get rid of that border? I'm at work now so I don't really have a screenshot of what I'm talking about, but I'll try to take one when I get home.

@lydude

You could go to:
    Interface>Addons>Stuf>media
    And change the aura.tga files to just a 1 px black line.

Then include a copy of the tga in a separate location so people can copy/paste it back into the folder if they have to update their stuf file for patches.

Well, if you've been in the Ui game since 2005 when discord was the shiz and Hal was pumping out quality work like this:

I miss Rob
    Oh god, I used to have a viewport similar to that.
    Titan Panel or maybe later Fubar, and XPerl too.

I'm definitely glad BSoDs (black sections of doom) aren't around as much as they used to be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    I'm definitely glad BSoDs (black sections of doom) aren't around as much as they used to be
    Very much agreed.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    @Ish

Downloaded your UI been tweaking it to fit/work @ 1440x900

^-- this is how it looks atm. Just gotten home after a week of night shifts so my brain is a bubbling pool of mess so point out if ive missed anything and ima get on it nice and quick.

Edit: is there any way to get just my debuffs on the target to show like the buffs above the player frame?
    You need to unlock them KGPanels and move them with X and Y untill they get pixelperfect and then drag them to their position and after that type in the size that they had at the pixelperfect position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    You need to unlock them KGPanels and move them with X and Y untill they get pixelperfect and then drag them to their position and after that type in the size that they had at the pixelperfect position.
    I meant how they have the little bar timers for the player frame, i want that for my debuffs on the target rather than the debuff icons below the target, pref to glance above the target frame rather than at a tiny icon below (bad eyesight FTW <3)

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, dat UI. I recently went back to the wowace forums and browsed the UI thread from the first page on. I also have a folder of my old UI pics somewhere >-> I used to post as Rasii on the official forums back in early 2007ish.

I miss Rob
    Me too ):

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .