Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    Which addon puts the dots/dot timers above the name plate of the target like that? Would like something like that and someone that tracks my cooldowns (trinkets, cooldowns, weapon chants) above my name plate.
    That's KuiNameplates.

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    My current UI, best screenshots i could find right now:

Idle / OOC:

In combat / Raiding

In the last one, chatting with a gm due to a nice achievement bug:P nothing special.
    In the raid screenshot I would move the boss debuffs up close to the boss and so they aren't overlapping another boss.
    Hide the DBM boss health bar, it is duplicating what you already have from your unit frames boss bars.
    I'd ditch Recount and Omen and use Skada with 2 windows if you need to see DPS and Threat, though the need for this is VERY debatable.

Is there a reason behind the boss debuffs being by the dps meter?

Otherwise, very nice UI. Only other things I might change are purely aesthetics and are things you just may prefer the look of.

Meters don't have context, and do result in people trying to compare themselves against those whom they should not be.
    Different classes/specs, pure dumb luck on procs/crits etc all skew the results making a damage meter rarely useful.
    If you are doing things right then a meter might not reflect that, since it is not always about pumping out the biggest numbers.
    If you are doing something right or wrong then you should know that.
    A meter due to the random factors described above DOES NOT tell you that.

Deleted

My modified version of LyUI v5 :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If you are doing things right then a meter might not reflect that, since it is not always about pumping out the biggest numbers.
    Word!
    Unfortunately most dps seem to think highest numbers shows best player (and yes even outside of LFR)

aka maybenotquiteasheavy/torgerd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Meters don't have context, and do result in people trying to compare themselves against those whom they should not be.
    How does that have anything about showing it in combat. I'm sure people compare themselves to whoever they like and I don't see how anyone else has the right to say whether they should or not.

Different classes/specs, pure dumb luck on procs/crits etc all skew the results making a damage meter rarely useful.
    And yet we have people who are consistently higher than other people with similar gear or lower.

If you're doing it right, a meter can reflect that. It is not about who is pumping out the biggest number but to actually analyze that number and where it comes from. A damage meter helps you with that. You just said that damage meter doesn't provide context yet you make this statement.

If you are doing something right or wrong then you should know that.
    If you think you are doing something right it doesn't mean that you are. If every raider knew what they did right or wrong then we wouldn't have this shit slow progression on easy PvE content. But with that said, a damage meter can help you see what you are doing right or wrong.

A meter due to the random factors described above DOES NOT tell you that.
    Tell what?

Oh for fucks sake, take the meter discussion outside.
    Seriously...this is a post your Ui thread...if you want to show a meter then show a meter, if you don't then don't.
    Wrap up the discussion or make a different thread about it.
    I'm surprised Tree hasn't commented yet.

*edit*
    To take my own advice and keep this train on its tracks, here is another nostalgia Ui:

Last edited by Ishtara; 2013-09-08 at 08:28 PM.

Fair enough.
    I won't add anything further to that subject.

This is indeed getting sad and out of hand.And honestly, not everyone has to agree with one persons opinion, and that person is not always right....
    This is all personal preference and there is no "The optimal UI"
    Back on topic. This is something I worked on for a bit. Major kudos to both Carebear and Lydude for doing pretty much all the hard work. lol

Feel free to hate on the Dummy-shot. I'll get you a real one later, probably never.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    This is indeed getting sad and out of hand.And honestly, not everyone has to agree with one persons opinion, and that person is not always right....
    Exactly. UIs are personal. What annoys me isn't that some people play with non-optimal UIs, they can be as shit as they want for all I care. I just get annoyed by people who got no clue about how to play this game telling others what's wrong with their UI in a manner which makes it seem as if what they say is absolute truth.

Deleted
    Been messing around with my UI

http://i.imgur.com/Ulj6Fwt.jpg

Back on topic. This is something I worked on for a bit. Major kudos to both Carebear and Lydude for doing pretty much all the hard work. lol

Feel free to hate on the Dummy-shot. I'll get you a real one later, probably never.
    I like this a lot, especially the placement of your frames and SCT. Seems like pretty smart use of space.

Love the raid frames and what you did with skada. What texture are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I like this a lot, especially the placement of your frames and SCT. Seems like pretty smart use of space.
    Thanks. The placement of the frames actually comes from Lydudes UI that he linked a few pages back. I never tried having myself centered before, but it's quite nice now that I've gotten used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CogDk View Post
    Love the raid frames and what you did with skada. What texture are you using?
    I'm lucky to only be doing 10mans :P Allows me to stuff them down there and keep them relatively big and clickable.
    Texture is "Flat Smooth" all over.

Deleted
    I dont know if this is the right place to ask, but I think it was mentioned in this thread.

Someone here posted a WeakAuras layout for a balance druid, pretty slick design.
    Forgot his name, maybe Drayarr, but not sure.

Would like to have those WeakAuras strings if possible :-)

Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    I dont know if this is the right place to ask, but I think it was mentioned in this thread.

Someone here posted a WeakAuras layout for a balance druid, pretty slick design.
    Forgot his name, maybe Drayarr, but not sure.

Would like to have those WeakAuras strings if possible :-)
    You looking for this? http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22025195

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopina View Post
    Love you long time!

Deleted
    LYN! Hast thou forgotten meeeeee?!

I know I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    LYN! Hast thou forgotten meeeeee?!

I know I would.
    I really did, tbh. But to be precise: I was too lazy to go through all the screenshots to pick some out.
    oh, honey.

Deleted

Still a bit of a WiP
    Last edited by mmoc1c984c02b2; 2013-09-15 at 08:39 AM.