Thread: Post Your UI

15+ Year Old Account
    Out of combat

Raid

Explanation

Video (not my video, but someone who forgot to turn off blizz combat text)

Sigh tweaked and got everything just right in your UI Kait to just go into a flex and suffer horrific lag which seems to cleared instantly the moment I went back to my old UI.

Not sure the cause however but it did give me a major insight to weakaura's an addon I had never used before and is really helping with tracking rather than relying on classtimers
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    Sigh tweaked and got everything just right in your UI Kait to just go into a flex and suffer horrific lag which seems to cleared instantly the moment I went back to my old UI.
    Hmm i haven't tried a flex raid yet. It might WeakAuras itself possibly needing an update. You can specify auras to load in instance types but Flex is not listed so maybe it spazzes out from that? As no update yet maybe try to disable that type of loading on all auras (off the top of my head I think the Killing Blow group auras load for instance types and maybe the PvP combat aura group also)

Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    Not sure the cause however but it did give me a major insight to weakaura's an addon I had never used before and is really helping with tracking rather than relying on classtimers
    As a general way to track things I've always felt that WA has a subtle (but not unique) benefit in that because you have to manually name everything you want to track it makes you pause and consider whether you really need to track that thing. For me the main method I use for making UIs show everything I personally need to know and nothing more is to run each and every element of the UI through the simple test "will this information ever make me change what button I am going to press next, or how I move my character?". It's amazing how often the answer is no.

That's what I was finding, I was tracking every trinket proc, every small temporary buff but at the end of it primarily it was not going to change too much what I was doing.

The lag wasn't just in flex but combat in general, will have another bash at it and see if I can find the issue as I did like the simplicity aspect (I have stolen your missle icons though :P )

EDIT: everything was updated that wasn't flagged as "modified" within curse client.
    Last edited by Salystra; 2013-09-23 at 02:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Hmm i haven't tried a flex raid yet. It might WeakAuras itself possibly needing an update. You can specify auras to load in instance types but Flex is not listed so maybe it spazzes out from that? As no update yet maybe try to disable that type of loading on all auras (off the top of my head I think the Killing Blow group auras load for instance types and maybe the PvP combat aura group also)

Have you swapped over to Weakauras 2? It isn't listed as an update but as a different addon instead.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    Have you swapped over to Weakauras 2? It isn't listed as an update but as a different addon instead.
    omg no. lol. thanks for the tip :-)

Using Lissa's UI atm for a bit of "freshness" - Decided to play around with my weakauras..came up with this

BOW DOWN IN ITS AWESOME
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-09-23 at 09:55 PM.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-09-23 at 09:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    I assume those nameplates are ElvUI's?
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Snip]
    Why no other weakaurs in your ui download

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I assume those nameplates are ElvUI's?
    Yes they are default I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Why no other weakaurs in your ui download
    Huh? Are there not enough? lol

Digging into Kait's UI currently, (looks great Kait!), primarily only changed the center auras and such (since I am playing SPriest - not Mage).

I will flay your mind.

Purely personal choice but if you're using a threat mod I would just use skada and dump omen. Don't see a need for 2 mods that do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanafriel View Post
    Purely personal choice but if you're using a threat mod I would just use skada and dump omen. Don't see a need for 2 mods that do the same thing.
    The only reason is so when I turn off my threat meter I wont lose my DPS/healing meters. Its just personal preference.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes they are default I believe.
    - - - Updated - - -

Huh? Are there not enough? lol
    Was going to try and steal your monk auras lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Was going to try and steal your monk auras lol
    I can post them if you really want. My Brewmaster auras are probably the least developed out of the 4 tank classes I have (Sorry Druids) so if I publish them I'm gonna have to clean them up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by ShaniAndras252 View Post
    okay, so I guess you could say I am a random poster lol, been looking at the various ideas/postings from people from about page 473 onward to about 500. And I saw one particular UI that REALLY, REALLY sparked my interest. It is a certain user's UI for his DK. Now, I messaged him a few days ago but I see he hasn't been actively on here for a smidge. Name is umm Fistbane? I believe. Anyway, was just going to ask if ANYONE could tell me the ad-ons he uses ( like all in the picture I'm about to supply lol) and possibly the configurations he used (I know it'd be best to talk to him about it but he hasn't been on in a bit).
    Most of that is a UI by a single author, Goldpaw's gUI3 (MoP) @ Curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    omg no. lol. thanks for the tip :-)
    Would explain why I am unable to import any of your strings :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zzang View Post
    Thanks. The LB/RJ is for the focus tank. This way I know, that I don't have to look at my raid frames when using my SM macro, I can just quickly check my RJ icon and can see it can be applied instantly (it also glows if SM is off CD). I also get a SM icon show on my healing frames for when RG/RJ is on the target and SM is off CD. This allows me to also monitor by bigwigs which also sit nicely just above the icons themselves, so everything is central and easy to find, but not in the way so that I can't see where I'm standing etc. I find with resto druid, alot of the spells in 10m don't require you to actually target anyone apart from perhaps HT/RG, but WG/SM/LB can all be focused when not targeting anything using mouse-over.
    What addon is that that is displaying the LB/RJ/etc in the middle of the screen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reposed View Post
    Digging into Kait's UI currently, (looks great Kait!), primarily only changed the center auras and such (since I am playing SPriest - not Mage).

[[snip]video=youtube_share;BhbUA6cFvB4]http://youtu.be/BhbUA6cFvB4[/snip][/video]
    Is there anyway for me to completely duplicate that into my folder or something? I love it beyond belief

(note* I tried to figure out how to snip the image but had no clue, sorry )
    Last edited by Killilth; 2013-09-24 at 01:22 AM.