Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    About the ---------+++++++++ thing:

Pretty sure NiN, or Twin, or whatever his crazy name was, made a castbar in one of his UI's that used this principle. A looooooooooooooooong time ago.
    Screenshot? I'm surprised I didn't remember that, curious to see how it worked!
    Quote Originally Posted by shredster View Post
    I think he's still around on WoWInterface too, atleast I saw him in a thread a few weeks ago.
    Wimpy, I just realized this was you, lol, hai <3
    Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Yep, im nin.
    /wave Nin <3

Did the +++++------ thing.

On the right, i set the statusbar to alpha = 0 to check the effect without a bar behind. If you look well, you can see the fonts are cut mid-character, which is basically the thing we're trying to do. Now i got myself some media to do various experiments, but i think this way i can do pretty much everything.

EDIT: did the progressive coloring.

Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-10-23 at 03:56 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawss View Post
    I don't, but that's because i'm a creature of habit. However, new PC, new Screen, so time for a new UI. Could someone reply with an addon list or PM me them? Would be greatly appreciated
    The base is LUI v3, but some parts have been replaced with other addons.
    Shadowed Unitframes (I think), Vuhdo, ButtonTimers (I think), Bartender or Dominos with a Masque skin.
    DBM for boss timers, but could easily be switched for something else.

@ Cold

That looks awesome! Now, increase the font size, lower the amount of symbols and space them out hehehe

Lookin good!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    @ Cold

That looks awesome! Now, increase the font size, lower the amount of symbols and space them out hehehe

Lookin good!
    Yes, i'm going to try a lot of things. This is just a showcase to understand the mechanics behind, but the structure is done. Now it's only a matter of font/textures, colors and various things.

Probably will end in doing an optional layout for my UI using the homespun font to upload on WoWInterface; that will be useful as a base start. BTW, i finished separating from the layout other plugins like minimap, micromenu and datatext, so the oUF layout can be exchanged at will.

EDIT: if the top and bottom strings are the same one, any font is good. If you want to do soemthing like this +++++----- you absolutely need monospace fonts, otherwise it will look ugly.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-10-23 at 05:38 PM.

Deleted
    Wimpy, I just realized this was you, lol, hai <3
    Hey Ish! It's been a while. Glad to see you're still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    <snip>
    This is actually so cool. All of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsaii View Post
    This isn't mine, but someone mentioned eclipse bar earlier. I got the Weakauras from this UI for the eclipse bar and customized them to my settings. If anyone would be interested in the strings I'd more than happily give them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UccpT9ZBgY8
    Would love to take a look at it you don't mind send it to me via PM or posting an upload link her for others. Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Coldkill cant wait for your new UI the things you are showing us are just AWSOME

Lol finding a good font is more difficult than expected (for the +++--- template). Anyone can suggest a good monospace font to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Lol finding a good font is more difficult than expected (for the +++--- template). Anyone can suggest a good monospace font to use?
    http://www.1001fonts.com/origami-mommy-font.html

?

Deleted
    What you think? Any tips?

scr.hu/1w3o/yoe8w

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shredster View Post
    Does kgPanels support custom lua input?

local _, class = UnitClass("player")
    local color = (CUSTOM_CLASS_COLORS or RAID_CLASS_COLORS)[class or ""]
    self.bg:SetVertexColor(color.r, color.g, color.b, self.bg:GetAlpha())

EDIT: Fairly sure this would work.

EDIT#2: Changed second line in case custom class colors is present

So I totally made a derp and meant "power color" not class color. I have a code for that already, but yours might be better!

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    What you think? Any tips?

scr.hu/1w3o/yoe8w
    Clear and tidy. Still you have too many informations displayed on the unitfarmes - you don't really need name + curhp + maxhp + hp% + level + power; i suppose you can clean that a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah looks wonderful and will give it a shot. I tried this Tiny Box font which is similar, but the + and - signs have empty spaces inside; so the text on the back becomes visible and you don't want it. This one Hachicro font goes the same; so these kind of fonts are not suitable for this kind of concept (but will be useful for sure for other things).

edit: nvm, i found a font converter online and got my .ttf file.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-10-24 at 06:04 AM.

Deleted
    Screenshot? I'm surprised I didn't remember that, curious to see how it worked!
    Have to ask NiN. I only have 1 screenshot of my last UI, that's all.

Deleted
    Coldkill actually I did that in my post. If your font does not need to handle special characters (UTF-8?!) you can go with nearly any fixed width font. Otherwise check cyrillic support and such.

Font list:
    http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=...1103%3B&fpp=50

Good candiates are:

Courier New
    Check your Windows fonts folder.

Monofur
    http://www.dafont.com/monofur.font?f...B%26%231103%3B

Liberation Mono
    http://www.dafont.com/liberation-mon...B%26%231103%3B

Nouveau IBM
    http://www.dafont.com/nouveau-ibm.fo...B%26%231103%3B

That IBM font...

In the end...build yourself a set of test strings and check them on different font sizes in WoW.

If you want to go "oldschool" check http://www.tentakelvilla.de/download/sonstiges.html

SMI is the font used on the oldest Lucas Art adventure games (Monkey Island 1 and such) but it has a very limited character set.

http://www.tentakelvilla.de/download/fonts/smi.zip
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-10-24 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Coldkill actually I did that in my post. If your font does not need to handle special characters (UTF-8?!) you can go with nearly any fixed width font. Otherwise check cyrillic support and such.
    Well, i assumed that too, since you were the one discovering that Anyway i wanted to realize it by myself so now i know what can be effectiively done and what not. The good thing is that basically everything i want can be done.

Thanks for the font suggestions - special characters are an issue only if i need to display player names, but if i need only symbols and numbers (which are the things i'm aiming to) i think any font will suffice.

I can even work on "artworks" - it's all about fonts managing (i'm not good with PS, but using textures is no problem too).

EDIT: i looked at your test addon because i didn't know how to use sliders, so i decided to keep your structure since it was simply well done. BTW, i discovered that slider:SetStepValue(#) is bugged, so in the edit box you get random values (still the slider value is correct and works between min and max values).
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-10-24 at 08:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone has exactly the same UI's these days. Boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    This would be more fun if you posted your UI.

Well, this is something pretty much expected.

An UI needs needs to display informations in a tidy way leaving the most possible space free in the screen. You can argue about what font one uses or in what place and how big the unitframes are, but in the end you are always looking at hp/power bars and hp numbers.

I can clearly see why something like TukUI and ElvUI are so widespread - they give you the entire package, that doesn't require to you to do anything apart installing the addon and it's also pretty neat in style, simple and clear. Doesn't surprise me that nearly 2/3 of the posts are pictures of it + DBM, Recount and maybe MSBT.

Anyway, as Led++ said, post an image of your revolutionary ideas, it would be awesome to see. You're not trolling, right?

I think he has a point tbh with so many posts just being Elv. Got sick of that pretty fast. I think AJ has a better UI thread (no disrespect or anything like that intended).

Personally I got for minimalist as possible, but at the same time clean. Minimalist for me means a bit different thing, more in terms of minimal addons and closest to default as possible without missing crucial information. Reskinning everything, doesn't seem necessary to me and really a waste of processor and memory or whatever, even if its minimal. Also less addons is basically less risk of your UI breaking (some addons authors just stop maintaining and it breaks).

I think the best UI I've seen is Veev's (http://www.twitch.tv/veev/c/3030377). Nameplate buff/debuff filtering is extremely well done for PvP. The warning for scatter -> freezing trap is really well done. It's super clean, well formatted and only supplements the default. There's no extra/useless information like your spellpower below the minimap...