Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Scarge View Post

Hello everybody. This is my UI i have been working on for awhile now. but it feels like im still missing stuff. The stuff I know I want to change are the unit frames, and buff/debuff bars. I need an add on so i can move my buffs and debuffs around and lock them in a location. Im trying to keep it as minimal as possible.

and of course, any constructive criticism is welcome(aka) please give me ideas to make this more sleeker!
    1. Fonts! use the same one for the entire interface.
    2. Buff Frame is just kinda floating out there move it to the edge.
    3. The Minimap, Border smaller than the map.
    4. Do you need your own name on the unitframes?
    5. Take the gold datatext out and match the datatext panel to the width of your actionbars.

Just a few things I noticed, could you get a combat shot so we can see what it looks like in action?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarge View Post

Hello everybody. This is my UI i have been working on for awhile now. but it feels like im still missing stuff. The stuff I know I want to change are the unit frames, and buff/debuff bars. I need an add on so i can move my buffs and debuffs around and lock them in a location. Im trying to keep it as minimal as possible.

and of course, any constructive criticism is welcome(aka) please give me ideas to make this more sleeker!
    Y U NO LIEK VXTUI THE WAY IT IS!? just kidding. Like Drayarr posted, only advice I can give is making everything mirror each other and have a sense of unison. I also noticed your skada font seems to be set to Outline Monochrome. That font is not meant to use a monochrome function, so just giving it a normal thin outline could clean that up.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Nandrolono View Post
    Nop, I mean the round shiny thing in the mouse cursor, with casting time and gcd time
    just download his entire UI? http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ZanzharUI.html

Deleted
    Hi all

A long time a go I used to use a ui called Bati Ui -- Amazing ui. Does anyone know if it still works? Of if a fan made an update for it?

Thank you all for any answers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iKrow View Post
    With the help of Saft and Ish, this is what I've got so far.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...213_204110.jpg

#ElvUIRestrictions #YOLO

Edit: Pet frame is already fixed.
    Elv doesn't let me monochrome Aura text. Bigwigs has no monochrome text settings. Both addons get updated frequently so no point in tampering with the lua. Hermes has 6000 lines in the lua file, if you wanna find and tell me where to setfont, I'll gladly do it.
    So, generally, as a healer, you spend most of your time looking at your raid frames, right? That to me is a good reason for putting important information around the raid frames as much as possible. I would want to be able to check my cooldowns, boss timers, tooltip, and cast bar without losing sight of my raid frames, if possible. See this post for an example of what I'm talking about (where I think boss timer bars might have been below the cooldown tracker). (I would probably recommend having the raid frames to the side of your character like you already do, though.)

If the text in the middle (the one that reads "Injection over soon (Unnerving)!" in the screenshot) always contains less information than the bars right next to it, I would remove it. Also, the red bars are like 20 pixels wider than the blue bars, and still not quite as wide as the target frame.
    Last edited by mmocf531e475c8; 2013-12-14 at 08:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iKrow View Post
    With the help of Saft and Ish, this is what I've got so far.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...213_204110.jpg

#ElvUIRestrictions #YOLO

Edit: Pet frame is already fixed.
    Elv doesn't let me monochrome Aura text. Bigwigs has no monochrome text settings. Both addons get updated frequently so no point in tampering with the lua. Hermes has 6000 lines in the lua file, if you wanna find and tell me where to setfont, I'll gladly do it.
    That's an incredibly sexy bar texture, it works nicely with Semplice. I'd get through everything Constie said and consider moving the HP/MP displays 2 pixel inward on your UnitFrames. I'd also consider moving them downwards 1 pixel, but I'm not sure which looks best.

What's up with the incosistent bar textures? Does your UnitFrame texture not look good on BigWigs/Skada?

Does SetFont not show up if you Ctrl+F in the lua file? If so, he might be setting the font when creating the fontstring, it'll most likely look something like:
    Code:
    fontstringname:CreateFontString("FontStringName", nil, GameFontObjectSmall)
    You can remove the GameFontObjectSmall part and then insert a SetFont on the next line.

Nop, I mean the round shiny thing in the mouse cursor, with casting time and gcd time
    Looks like CursorCastbar, but in mine I do not have the glowy effect.
    Maybe it is simply not something I found yet.
    I find it a useful replacement for a traditional castbar when using raid frames, as your eyes don't need to move so much to monitor GCD's.

5.04 stable release - Cursorcastbar @ Curse.
    5.4 r3 alpha - Cursorcastbar @ Curseforge - I am currently using this without issue, but your results may vary.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Here's my try at making a UI:

I got inspired from VXT Gen 2 UI, which I love!

Idle

Target/TargetTarget/Focus Frame and Skada. Skada Background is Kgpanels.

Weakauras and Raven positions. Frost DK procs are displayed with the blue tile and aura name + aura timeleft. Also tracks my Blood Charges stacks.

All available Unit frames. Stuf unit frames.

Raid Frames. Grid 2.

I hope you like it the way I do

Fonts are still inconsistent. Currently I'm using 2 different ones. Unit frames use Fritz Quadrata and the rest mainly Ubuntu Light.

Under the two Actionbars is hidden bar with some additional abilities.

so long,

Weischbier

Ps: No, I don't intend to make it publicly available :P sorry

Deleted

I just love NeavUI ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Looks like CursorCastbar, but in mine I do not have the glowy effect.
    Maybe it is simply not something I found yet.
    I find it a useful replacement for a traditional castbar when using raid frames, as your eyes don't need to move so much to monitor GCD's.

5.04 stable release - Cursorcastbar @ Curse.
    5.4 r3 alpha - Cursorcastbar @ Curseforge - I am currently using this without issue, but your results may vary.

If you take a look at the addons he is using in the UI, you will note he hasn`t that addon.

Anyway, thanks for the info, and i`m using CursorCastbar now. It`s useful, but not the same as Zanzha has in his UI.

If you take a look at the addons he is using in the UI, you will note he hasn`t that addon.

Anyway, thanks for the info, and i`m using CursorCastbar now. It`s useful, but not the same as Zanzha has in his UI.
    I looked through the list, and unless I missed something I could see no addon that has such a feature.
    Hence my suggestion was based on its appearance, as I actually use that addon myself.
    I shall have another look through the list, see if I missed it.

Edit: That image is not up to date, as you can see the UI is different from the one in the video.
    Most notably the castbar at the bottom, formally ACB is no longer present in that video, and is replaced by the one on the cursor.

Edit:

It appears to be GCD @ Curse.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-12-14 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

it is GCD, thats correct

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking on advice to be able to create a Feral Kitty raiding UI. The reason im coming here for help is the fact that im new to Kitty, and im having a hard time being able to minimalize the class. Any help would be great

When a wild forum troll appears

Deleted
    Changed the position of my unitframes and re-arranged the others elements around to make it work. Need to some help to figure out the placement of raidCD bar and Bigwigs.

And also need some tips where to put my bars that I have hidden and show on mouseover, and they keep getting highlighted during combat and what not.

Deleted
    @Joyful,
    Make 'em 1Button and put 'em into the corner?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fractalize View Post

Addons you can see are.

ElvUI
    Weak Auras for my Holy Power and the icons to the right hand side of my raid frames.
    Skada
    DBM
    My Cast Bar is the Standard ElvUI One, I did use Quartz but I could never get it to look how I wanted, anyway it fills the gap at the top of my actions bars and starts to the right of my Guardian of Ancient Kings Icon
    and Clique to heal with the Raid Frames which are just the ones that come with ElvUI which I have set up custom buff Icons and debuff Blacklist for.
    Here is another screenshot where you can see my cast bar and stuff on the attempt before we Killed Paragons of the Klaxxi 10 Man Normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post

And also need some tips where to put my bars that I have hidden and show on mouseover, and they keep getting highlighted during combat and what not.
    My solution to this is, rather than make your bars mouseover, you can put your abilities on, keybind and then check the Always Hide box (in Bartender). I use a keybind to then toggle this setting. The only drawback to doing this is that you can't toggle the bars mid combat (which is not really a drawback). If you are curious, go here and check out post #9 :
    http://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=20163

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/QbArsWjm.png
    What I would do is to always hide bars that only have things that are keybound, put abilities and items that are situationally useful in combat and aren't guaranteed to always be ready for use (like if they have cooldowns or range restrictions) on one bar that's always visible and placed underneath the unit frames, and move everything else to OPie.

Quote Originally Posted by Fractalize View Post
    Here is another screenshot where you can see my cast bar and stuff on the attempt before we Killed Paragons of the Klaxxi 10 Man Normal.

http://i.imgur.com/XRbPuePl.jpg
    Your raid frames look really cluttered to me. I would definitely at least disable role icons during combat, disable non-mana power bars, and make each frame tall enough for all its icons to fit inside of it without overlapping with other frames. Look at how much easier it is to see who needs healing at a glance here.

Quote Originally Posted by Weischbier View Post
    Here's my try at making a UI:
    I like this. For some more symmetry, you could remove your pet frame and instead have your pet's health shown as text on your player frame, and move your boss, party, and/or raid frames up/down so they're lined up.
    Last edited by mmocf531e475c8; 2013-12-15 at 01:09 AM.

This is the current iteration of my UI. I recently noticed that the weakaura icons seem to have 2 px borders on the left and top and 1 px borders for the other 2. This is very apparent on the trinket buffs. Is this some AA thing I can fix? Or is this the icons themselves? I'm using Cleanicons for whatever that's worth.

Edit: More things:
    -Can someone recommend a tooltip addon? I used TipTac until noticing that some of the tooltips were missing a border on one side. Could that be related to the icon thing?
    -I also just switched to Kui Nameplates. Is there a way to remove the fuzz that surrounds the bar? I haven't been able to find anything apparent in the lua.
    Last edited by tempest420; 2013-12-15 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Forgot some stuff.