Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    snip
    I love this UI - awesome. Question: how do you see you main rotation cooldowns? It seems like they are all down at the bottom of the screen. I know I like to see when I have enough mana for AS but nothing else, when MS is off timer but I have enough Focus for it, ToTH procs, etc that I use second to second. It seems like those are down at the bottom - do you just see them easily down there? Or are there macro or more obvious tricks that I am missing as a huntard?

Thanks again for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashugana View Post
    I love this UI - awesome. Question: how do you see you main rotation cooldowns? It seems like they are all down at the bottom of the screen. I know I like to see when I have enough mana for AS but nothing else, when MS is off timer but I have enough Focus for it, ToTH procs, etc that I use second to second. It seems like those are down at the bottom - do you just see them easily down there? Or are there macro or more obvious tricks that I am missing as a huntard?

Thanks again for sharing.
    My TotH and Explosive Shot cooldowns/procs are represented by the orbs in the middle of my screen. The three blue to the left are TotH procs and the three orange to the right are my ES procs (one for cooldown, the other 2 for LnL procs). When they are showing but coloured grey it means they are available but I don't have enough Focus for them (which is my cue to spam Cobra Shot if I have been lax and not banked it!). The spherical GT and KS are pretty hard to miss and visible so I rarely if ever need to look at the bottom action bars, but I like them there just in case I have forget some of the more obscure keybindings (I use a Naga if that wasn't obvious!). BA and SS DOTs are represented in the centre cluster by simple icons with sparkly border if not present, with the proceeding bouncing effect being a 5 second countdown before the DOT drops off so I know I need to build Focus in preparation for BA (or hit CS to reapply SS).

The whole UI is based around simple shapes, colours and models (like circles and squares) so it doesnt get lost in the background and having as much information in the centre of my screen close to my character as possible (as that is where my eyes are most of the time) whilst also not overloading the UI with too much stuff to distract me from the action (hence the simple bar-less nameplates)! I would hate to have to keep looking around the bottom/edges of the screen for important info and feel that my UI strikes the right balance between simplicity, efficiency and aesthetics
    Last edited by Snichy; 2014-03-28 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    ...feel that my UI strikes the right balance between simplicity, efficiency and aesthetics
    Thank you for explaining the logic behind the UI - incredibly helpful

Deleted

Got inspired by Birg. Heavilly inspired as a matter of fact. I've only been working with the unit frames and weakauras. So nvm the actionbars etc. I'll move on to that some other day!

Kind of hate raiding when I want to mess around with my ui.. Can only fiddle with it a couple of days /week, and then I need to change to my old ui just to be sure I'm not missing out on anything vital in my new ui :P

Edit: Kind of messing around with the wings animation to show my Shadow Trance procs. And, need to do some kind of soulshard tracker that fits well with the rest.. Need to tinker with it a bit more!
    Last edited by mmocae31beb646; 2014-03-30 at 10:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ErayoEU View Post
    snip
    Nice like it so far also like the wings as the background for your trinkets and DOTS. I think im going to remake my UI soon just because there is absolutely nothing else to do in game other then waiting for Tuesdays to come around.

Got bored so tossed something together.

Bartender
    masque, OuF Elen
    Raven
    XCT
    Kui nameplates
    freebtip
    ExtraCD
    qusemap
    and some other stuff not showing

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaena View Post
    Nice like it so far also like the wings as the background for your trinkets and DOTS. I think im going to remake my UI soon just because there is absolutely nothing else to do in game other then waiting for Tuesdays to come around.

Yeah stole the wings from Birg :P They are popping up when my shadow trance procs. Would like something more warlock-y though!

And totally agree.. Not doing anything ingame other than raiding..

My knowledge of any OS other than Windows is best assumed to be nil, so I am curious if there is some way of explaining how that output is achieved, when to the best of my knowledge the only way was via saved variables which were written to upon logout/exit or reload of the UI.
    Are you somehow extracting data not meant to be exposed externally ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Here's my non-combat Interface:

And in-combat:

Pretty standard, I know, but I don't really need all these fancy addons which change the looks of everything.
    Though I changed a few icons to my liking (Selfless Healer, Templar's Verdict, Devotion Aura, Seal of the Righteousness, Hammer of Wrath)

EDIT: Regarding the icon change - I didn't make a new macro for those, instead I changed the whole icon of the spell directly. You can see that in the buff bar in the top right corner. Glyph of Templar's Verdict and Selfless Healer have the different icons there aswell. Same would apply to Devo Aura.
    Last edited by Kelemar; 2014-03-30 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Got bored so tossed something together.

Bartender
    masque, OuF Elen
    Raven
    XCT
    Kui nameplates
    freebtip
    ExtraCD
    qusemap
    and some other stuff not showing

I'd recommend you use ErrorMonster to turn errors off and output Info to XCT+. Also TenOut to get raid-warnings there aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    Pick some part of your screen that is always black (like the border around action bars or something. Figure it it's coordinates on screen. Grab the frame buffer.
    Check the colors.

Instead of just using an ordinary border, I put 4 1x1 pixel boxes in the corners 32 pixels apart so that the mouse couldn't cover all of them.

When I want them to be off they're 0,0,0
    when I want them to be on they're another color (I used 255,0,255, but you'd probably use 1,1,1 or something almost exactly black)
    Any other colour and I just assume they're obscured and treat them as being in the previous state.

Nobody will notice a colour difference that small in 4 pixels but it's trivial to detect by grabbing the frame buffer and grabbing pixel colors. I used a standard UI testing framework from java to handle the screen grabs and checking colours - it had reasonably good performance. A proper solution would probably work more like video capture software but for proof of concept it was fine.
    Interesting, so the broadcast is completely addon based.
    I think I recall reading about a similar approach a while back, perhaps just as a concept.
    Impressive though to see it implemented as an actual working example.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    I'd recommend you use ErrorMonster to turn errors off and output Info to XCT+. Also TenOut to get raid-warnings there aswell.
    errormonster, forgot about it! Tried Tenout but didnt fancy it alot, and reason im using output the regular way is, well i dont know how to remove critt icons, plus those awful * * around em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Edit: Kind of messing around with the wings animation to show my Shadow Trance procs. And, need to do some kind of soulshard tracker that fits well with the rest.. Need to tinker with it a bit more!
    Looking good! I like how you made tracking debuffs/buffs way more efficient with the bars. Personally I think I'd display the soulshards with some flashy weakaura right above your cast bar.. or something..

Here's a new shammy ui I'm working on. So far I've only got it somewhat finished for the elemental spec.

And here are the weakauras I'm using: http://pastebin.com/hm4N3WnH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Looking good! I like how you made tracking debuffs/buffs way more efficient with the bars. Personally I think I'd display the soulshards with some flashy weakaura right above your cast bar.. or something..

Here's a new shammy ui I'm working on. So far I've only got it somewhat finished for the elemental spec.

And here are the weakauras I'm using: http://pastebin.com/hm4N3WnH
    Bloody hell it's amazing again!

Deleted
    Thank you. And yeah, I've been thinking the same.

Gonna look around for some cool effects for it. And, as soon as I find something more suitable for a warlock I'll swap out the priest wings :P

But how do you go about in finding the effects? I doubt you're just scrolling through the lists hoping for the best?

And nothing new under the moon on that ui! Awesome as always. I really like the fire orb effect in the middle! Gonna start playing around with more effects for my destruction spec compared to having icons showing for everything :P

Looks good so far Birg!

You might have some minor issues with the visibility of background-less effects when in certain raid zones or certain encounters. I always tried to mitigate that by having both the WA sparklies and something more opaque/static showing the same thing. Or have the WA effects on a background. To see what I mean, if you look at my mage UI, the inky splat graphic behind the centre bit goes a long way towards guaranteeing the visibility of the WA effects in front of it.

Having said that, that sort of thing can be a bit limiting (creativity) so I don't think it really matters that much. I'm rambling a bit....

PS - Gotta love Exodar <3. I used to park in Exodar making UIs for hours. I like the nice clean background the floor provides, and there being nobody around to distract me :-)

Gonna look around for some cool effects for it. And, as soon as I find something more suitable for a warlock I'll swap out the priest wings :P

But how do you go about in finding the effects? I doubt you're just scrolling through the lists hoping for the best?

And nothing new under the moon on that ui! Awesome as always. I really like the fire orb effect in the middle! Gonna start playing around with more effects for my destruction spec compared to having icons showing for everything :P
    I used to scroll through that damn list, which kind of discouraged me from making flashy stuff like Kait has been doing. Then I came across Magicaldandruff's video and noticed the monk auras were missing in the list. So I googled and found a program called Wow Model Viewer which basically shows all the spells ingame. Just copy the source name of a spell you like and paste it into WeakAuras. It has a beautiful search function which makes everything so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    You might have some minor issues with the visibility of background-less effects when in certain raid zones or certain encounters. I always tried to mitigate that by having both the WA sparklies and something more opaque/static showing the same thing. Or have the WA effects on a background.
    PS - Gotta love Exodar <3. I used to park in Exodar making UIs for hours. I like the nice clean background the floor provides, and there being nobody around to distract me :-)
    Ah you're right, I didn't really think of that. I'll see if I can find some way to incorporate a background but if not it's just a loss of flashyness in certain zones, nothing major.

Really? I find it way too empty, dark and depressing to spend time actually creating stuff there *trying so hard to bring you down *. It's great for showing off spell effects though.

Deleted
    I used to scroll through that damn list, which kind of discouraged me from making flashy stuff like Kait has been doing. Then I came across and noticed the monk auras were missing in the list. So I googled and found a program called Wow Model Viewer which basically shows all the spells ingame. Just copy the source name of a spell you like and paste it into WeakAuras. It has a beautiful search function which makes everything so much easier.

Thank god! Gonna give it a go and start using more spell effects!

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to scroll through that damn list, which kind of discouraged me from making flashy stuff like Kait has been doing. Then I came across Magicaldandruff's video and noticed the monk auras were missing in the list. So I googled and found a program called Wow Model Viewer which basically shows all the spells ingame. Just copy the source name of a spell you like and paste it into WeakAuras. It has a beautiful search function which makes everything so much easier.
    That's a great tip! Two questions:

1. I'm not able to run both WMV and WoW at the same time. Is there an easy way to do so, or is that the case for you too?

2. Is there any easy way to copy the spell's filename? I do notice that it's displayed in the bottom of the pane, so I can just manually re-type it, but your wording seemed to imply that you can copy and paste the filenames, so I was hoping there is a way.

Thanks!
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Heh, unfortunately I have the same problems so can't really help you