Thread: Post Your UI

They hide in combat for that very reason ;P

No longer concerned about it then lol, carry on!

I did also notice too that some of the panels aren't coming together all the way, for instance, I can see the mountains behind the top bar where the border lines are usually touching the main panel and the colored part of the panel "border" is semi-transparent, intended?

That looks really cool Arborus. I love the 3D model you found for the background.
    Here is my one (video of the still from previous page)

As you can see at the start I'm working on having WeakAuras fully integrated with KgPanels throughout the UI, including stuff like having effects when the minimap toggle and things like that. The custom buttons you can see on my layout that are either side of the main action bar are for toggling interface things on and off, like minimap (which I find useless 99% of the time), chat frame, a jumbo trade chat panel (high pop server stuff), skada, etc.
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2014-09-09 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    *snip*
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    *snip*
    Oh yay, thanks! This is really interesting. Nice job

Deleted
    How does a complete nub at everything to do with addons get this to work
    Or do we wait for a release of some sort?

We doing remixes now? You've opened the floodgates, Kait! Its UI Renaissance time.

I like these in-game shaman stones. Gives me a 'Fifth Element' sort of vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdarmy View Post
    How does a complete nub at everything to do with addons get this to work
    I'd say you would need general macro-making knowledge and a good understanding of how to use WeakAuras if you want to make your own custom look. I'd wait on a public release though if you're feeling apprehensive. But like everything in life - Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

--UPDATE--

I found that if you try to use multiple copies of the "player model" aura for different alts, only the first one will work, the rest stay as the Lich King model. You other dudes have a similar experience? Also not so good for classes that can switch forms, since the aura doesn't update in real-time.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2014-09-09 at 09:54 PM.

Watching all the Kaitain UI videos while I should be sleeping. Longing sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Luving it.
    Even it has no pixel font? BLASPHEMY! :P

But you are right, care's ui is quite nice. Some nice details in it.
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Just running with some of the stuff Kaitain has shown us so far, I slapped together a bit of a character sheet.

Would you be able to share the code your using / the weak aura you're using to get the background + character to show when you open the character frame? I tried re-purposing Kaitan's code from his old talent frame but hit a brick wall.

Absolutely love it!
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glyphtics View Post
    Would you be able to share the code your using / the weak aura you're using to get the background + character to show when you open the character frame? I tried re-purposing Kaitan's code from his old talent frame but hit a brick wall.

Absolutely love it!
    Triangles. 10char

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    I found that if you try to use multiple copies of the "player model" aura for different alts, only the first one will work, the rest stay as the Lich King model. You other dudes have a similar experience? Also not so good for classes that can switch forms, since the aura doesn't update.
    Hmm no I never used copies of that aura so I've never seen that happen. I have multiple copies of the pet auras though and no problems there.

EDIT - actually i have just replicated this problem. Strange. I got no clue as to what causes that.
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2014-09-09 at 05:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Even it has no pixel font? BLASPHEMY! :P

But you are right, care's ui is quite nice. Some nice details in it.
    Tbh, one of the only few I like without pixelfonts. Since every element is pretty much right.

Deleted
    Hmm no I never used copies of that aura so I've never seen that happen. I have multiple copies of the pet auras though and no problems there.

EDIT - actually i have just replicated this problem. Strange. I got no clue as to what causes that.
    I use your talent frame from the Mage UI and I thought this problem was only present when previewing the auras?

Hi i was wondering if you guys could help me identify the addons in my old UI, i dont remember them

http://i.imgur.com/oiZMMXl.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuo View Post
    I use your talent frame from the Mage UI and I thought this problem was only present when previewing the auras?
    No, weakAuras seems to not want to display the character model in 2 different auras. I wanted to use a player model in a menu I'm making (see video below), but it wouldn't let me. My solution was to use a model of Akama instead. Which is fine for me atm. I always liked Akama anyways.

@Kait
    Love the character menu
    I would be really interested to see what it would look like if the menu was split into 3 columns instead of one tall column. ie 3 columns with 4 rows each.
    <3
    Ish

10+ Year Old Account
    No, weakAuras seems to not want to display the character model in 2 different auras. I wanted to use a player model in a menu I'm making (see video below), but it wouldn't let me. My solution was to use a model of Akama instead. Which is fine for me atm. I always liked Akama anyways.
    I assume that rollover menu is disabled in combat? It seems like a very disruptive element to pop up from a stray mouse movement during a raid encounter, say.

From an aesthetic perspective, it looks great.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I assume that rollover menu is disabled in combat? It seems like a very disruptive element to pop up from a stray mouse movement during a raid encounter, say. From an aesthetic perspective, it looks great.
    I think it would be unlikely, certainly the way I play anyways (clicking for targeting, everything else on keybinds), but it's still a good point as I'm pushing with this UI to make it more general purpose than my past UIs. I'm fairly sure you can disable interactivity in combat with kgPanels, or alternatively I could just have it click activated. I'll test it out and see what feels best.

This gets better and better with each bit you post.
    Upload soon? :P

I'm using the player model in two different auras with no problems.