Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    How would one modify the custom untrigger to hide when - I shift to Ghost wolf form and/or close the character panel?

What I wanted to do was use a second player model that's positioned higher so that the model for Ghost wolf stays in frame when I shift (its out of frame with the current waist-high humanoid model). The 2nd model works fine, only the first player model is still there but slightly out of frame.
    One way, and probably the easiest add a second trigger with Status/Buff "Ghost Wolf", and check the invert option.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I've already changed it!

Here's a small 'highlight' from twitch of it in combat.

http://www.twitch.tv/carewow/c/5105246
    Dude, I need 2 things.
    Your texture for your statusbars and that font.

kthxbai!
    See you in game!

/Sami - Surprisehaha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saami View Post
    Dude, I need 2 things.

kthxbai!
    See you in game!

/Sami - Surprisehaha.
    I think the font is Blue Highway.

Quote Originally Posted by InfusOnWoW View Post
    One way, and probably the easiest add a second trigger with Status/Buff "Ghost Wolf", and check the invert option.
    I was trying that before posting but adding that 2nd trigger causes it to not update back from Ghost wolf. Its just blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuo View Post
    Guess I should contribute for the first time in months.

I grew tired of my CaithUI remake a couple of months ago and, since I am a lazy and uncreative slob nowadays, decided to borrow a lot from Kaitain's Mage UI to get back to my more traditional, minimalistic roots.

I've been facing the challenge of adopting it towards more classes and specs than were available, and trying to find creative uses for the circle in the middle. Really trying to utilize that aspect of the UI and make it stand out, as I feel that was core to Kaitain's setup and why it was so appealing to me.
    Another thing I've been working on is the PvE aspect of the UI. I don't PvP at all, and having target debuffs at the top and so forth wouldn't work for me at all. Finally, since I am a huge oUF fan, I decided to do most of it in oUF. Very happy with the direction this project is heading, although I'm considering scrapping the UnitFrames and designing something that might fit the middle ring more. Also toying with the idea of class-specific unitframes as I'm struggling to adapt the UI for a few classes (Boomkin being the most notable one, another is Monks) but that's for another post I suppose.

Anyway, enough walls of text and on to some pictures.

Destruction Warlock:
    The circle shows Burning Embers, as that's the most important thing I feel I need to track rotation-wise. The background fills up via emberbits and the number is full embers.
    The fire behind it is my set bonus.

Affliction Warlock:
    Circle shows Soul Shards, similar setup to the Destruction UI. Background shows Shadow Trance duration, although I feel this is mostly useless. I've not found a better use for it, might just get rid of it for now.
    There's a shiny graphic behind it when enemy is under 20% to indicate Drain Soul usage.

The post is already running really long so I'll hold off on the other classes for now, they're also not as polished and I still feel I have some work to do on them.

Absolutely looking for feedback on this, as I don't feel I've really hit home. The top and bottom infobars are really polarizing to me, as I do enjoy tinkering with Broker displays but am not a fan of what they bring me visually. Especially the top one looks odd.
    I'm not sure how long I'll keep this project going for. It's working REALLY well in raids (actually, it's fantastic. One of the best I've had in raids so far) but I'm not getting the looks I want from it. Might just be the action bar or something, I'm not sure.

Bonus: Levelling UI for my monk, KaitBirgKyuoUI!?

Any chance for uploading this once you do the boomkin one, ty

Quote Originally Posted by saami View Post
    Dude, I need 2 things.

kthxbai!
    See you in game!

/Sami - Surprisehaha.
    Looks to be "Flat" statusbar texture and "Liberation Sans" for the font. Not completely sure, though.

I made my own texture to find a middle ground between "Ish00" and "Flat" called "infMid" if you'd like to use it. I found the flat texture to be too dark and Ishtara's texture to be too bright.

Here it is: infMedia
    Make sure to have LibSharedMedia-3.0 installed
    Last edited by infamousX; 2014-09-15 at 09:56 PM.

I was trying that before posting but adding that 2nd trigger causes it to not update back from Ghost wolf. Its just blank.
    Okay, then I need to take a closer look, can you export that aura?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icefrog View Post
    Any chance for uploading this once you do the boomkin one, ty
    Not sure, I'm not even sure when that is. I'll probably hold off on my Boomkin until 6.0. I also don't know how comfortable I am with redistributing something that uses so much of Kaitain's resources.

Okay, then I need to take a closer look, can you export that aura?
    It's weird that the exact same settings works fine on my druid.

Code:
    dOePyaGiayuQcNsLQvrLQYROsv1Suj0Taq7crPFbeQggv4yQIwgG8mQOPrLCna12uj5BiQghQQohqP1bK4EikuhuuA  HavpuLGjQsXfrvPnkk8rGunsGItQsPvQQMjIIUPkr7uq)uu0qbcwkqspLYur4QarBLkv5ROQ4TikK5QsQ7ces7v6Vi  YGv6WcTyaYJfyYi1Lj2SO6ZkYOvLoTcRgiuEnqkZgj3gv2nk)wfdxrDCefSCqpNQMoPRlY2Ps57uPY4bOopQY6bcX(  HUplrTyjQwZxdiY6GSKxJRgDn6suta8CKrl0f8AEHkheodMwd8mjiY8sYKVzqulstp0XHfPiPWX0Ka9LOAnOmnomcE  ZsTj4jnxJL4iGJPjb6B4ZAuNiDjQbpusjQXLO0rjQwTATbDTlK86Hd3l8gHXavG4ccrMqHlaX1EJCrw1AbLOHplrnU  dTqDRhKSHwWRXlZ8CVOnKCGQXDOfksZr9T2mvKNaRPWX0KalrnL3Suli51dxTGKxpC3KGrDCy1YtSaDCypUJFCXfxC  5JebTSjy0twOmnompzeaabQipbcaquYcLPXHrwUdTqbkMOGKn0hayMkYtGa4oU4hxCXfxOOjidxhx0b(fgn(Xp(XFT  GKxpCKEh0sTGKxpC1csE9WvlpXc0XH94o(XfxCXDK)a3l8gHXavGzaJCcOCR3EpUJ94oU3XvFfg(XfxCXfxCXfxOOj  idxfMe8JlU4IRWOXVWOXp(Xp(Xp(Xp(XFTGKxpCKuEZsnXnHP1e3eM6RXx3lKuMxexqgElbPlZ8g(sMKUayYgc689M  Q1GhnQJdRHoD6O2RmME1MbWo5NCGVICY53fWabm)a5Q5a0LZAuNiDjQL8cPaQO3xWRbpusjQXLO0rjQwTwYlKyIBcS  aQwYlKyroPaQwav07lrn)Gnrj1mWK9YSH14su6Oe1mWK9YSHf8A3aQG82Bk4vRwTguMghgbVzPg3HwOQXDOfksGind  (bg4R43jybcSa5WHtW6YvZbiWoRrp8GyjwGoCtkGQnORbcurEcexUdTqvJ7qluK41qa6GSUaUwomYjMcJASHUQ5UbT  (2ma(kGCso)Kt(vUaMFhob2vZbOlGQfPPh64WIuKu4yAsG(s0WNLOMchttcSe1uEZsTycgR5tasCtyQLYZhaUgPlK1  iizezbvIAh3XYKrXRGxtCtyAnWirk9TMpbiXnHPGauYhaUMbc8LmjZAdMBc0lf8ASiN4lrdFwd0FpEfx(COYRwlXgA  TzQipbwJwaukpNG3Sudm8LmbHmajzwTwIPWX0Kalr1QvRXsCeWX0Ka9neOAr2GlQJdRe18AeQLOMYBwQndfVO1MHIx  0A5rAPAnU4GvIArQ53ibVzPwqYRhUArQ53ygjwqnOOjid38elqhh2J74hxCXf3roUGKn0Sjy8baMPI8eiaUiaa93Jx  XLphQCaChx9vy4IlU4IlU4hxCXfxCXfxCHIMGmCvysWpU4IlUcJg)cJg)4h)4h)4h)4h)4h)4h)4h)4h)4h)4h)4Vw  YlKIuZVXcE1A5d2W)wIAkVzP2mu8IwBgkErRLhPLQvRb4mZZ9I2mUYLlYDDLZNK7GFNUC5eOMdqxUQLykCmnjWsuli  51dxT8elqhh2J74hxCXfxOOjidxfMe8lmA8JF8JF8JF8JF8xTAdbQe14o0c1TEqYgAbVg9WdILyb6WnPaQgVmZZ9I2  qYbQg3HwOinh13AZurEcSMchttcSe1uEZsTGKxpC1csE9Wrs5nl1e3eMwli51d3njyuhhwT8elqhh2J74hxCXfx(ir  qlBcg9KfktJdZtgbaqGkYtGaaeLSqzACyKL7qluGIjkizd9baMPI8eiaUJl(XfxCXfkAcYW1XfDGFHrJF8JF8xli51  dxT8elqhh2J74hxCXf3r(dCVWBegdubMbmYjGYTE794o2J74Ehx9vy4hxCXfxCXfxCh54cs2qZMGXhayMkYtGa4I4c  aq)94vC5ZHkha3XvFfg(XfxCXfxCXfxCXfxCHIMGmCvysWpU4IlU4IlU4kmA8JlU4IRWOXpU4IlUcJg)4IlU4IFCXf  xCXpU4IlU4hxCXfx8JlU4Il(XfxCXf)4IlU4IFCXfxCXpU4IlU4hxCXfx8JlU4Il(XfxCXf)4IlU4IFCXfxCXpU4Il  U4h)1e3eM6RXx3lKuMxexqgElbPlZ8g(sMKUayYgc689MlIlidVLGuwqcQzRfK86HJ07GwQfK86HRAn4rJ64WAOtho  R9kJPxTzaSt(jh4RiNC(DbmqaZpqUAoaD5Sg1jsxIAjVqIf5KcOAWdLuIACjkDuIQvRL8cjM4MalGQL8cPaQO3xWRf  qf9(suZpytusndmzVmBynUeLokrTBavqE7nf8AgyYEz2WcE1QvRbLPXHrWBwQXDOfQAChAHIeisdb4tYYFTbDnq)94  vC5ZHkhxUdTqvJ7qluK41qa6GSobUwomYjMcJASHUQ5UbT(2ma(kGCso)Kt(vUaMFhob2vZbOlGQLykCmnjWsuli51  dxT8elqhh2J74hxCXfxOOjidxfMe8lmA8JF8JF8JF8JF8xTglXrahttc03WN1aCM55ErBgx5Yf5UUY5tYDWVtxUCcu  ZbOlx1ISbxuhhwjQ51iulrnL3SuBgkErRndfVO1YJ0s1ACXbRe1IuZVrcEZsTGKxpC1IuZVXmsSGAqrtqgU5jwGooS  h3XpU4IlUJCCbjBOztW4damtf5jqaCraa6VhVIlFou5a4oU6RWWfxCXfxCXpU4IlU4IlU4cfnbz4QWKGFCXfxCfgn(  fgn(Xp(Xp(Xp(Xp(Xp(Xp(Xp(Xp(Xp(Xp(XFTKxifPMFJf8Q1YhSH)Te1uEZsTzO4fT2mu8IwlpslvRwlstp0XHfPi  PWX0Ka9LOA1g6Se1couhyjA4Zg6OHa1qhn0zdD0qxndYFcmqpblqpDb0t(D4eyGAoab2v1AqzACye8MLAQaynbLAQa  ynbLA3YubMhdKRZstNjZFnFKiOLnbJ(RVuOhXRjeaRjO4V2idPiuizCNJ(wBqxd8yaOnhzcfU1I00dDCyrkskCmnjq  FjQwlYgCrDCyLOMxJqTe1MHIx0A5rAPMYBwQndfVOvRLpyd)BjQndfVO1YJ0snL3SuBgkErRwTMchttcSe1uEZsTGK  xpC1csE9Wr6Dql1csE9Wvli51dxT8elqhh2J74hxCXf3roUpW9cVrymqfygWiNak36T3J7ypUJ7DC1xHHlu0eKHRct  c(XfxCXvy04xy01csE9Wrs5nl1e3eMwtCtyQVgFDVqszwTwomYjMcJASHavZDdA9THoD4WrnwIJaoMMeOVHpR9kJPx  THpVcSoQrDI0LOwYlKcOIEFbVg8qjLOgxIshLOA1AjVqIjUjWcOAjVqIf5KcOAburVVe18d2eLuZat2lZgwJlrPJsu  Zat2lZgwWRDdOcYBVPGxTA1AjMchttcSe1csE9WvlpXc0XH94o(XfxCXfkAcYWvHjbx8lm6QvBORsulXu4yAsGLOwq  YRhUA5jwGooSh3XpU4IlUqrtqgUkmj4IFHrxTguMghgbVzPMkawtqPgVmZZ9I2q(DutfaRjOu7wMkW8yGCDwA6mz(R  5JebTSjy0F9Lc9iEnHaynbf)1gzifHcjJ7C03AkCmnjWsut5nl1csE9Wvli51dhP3bTuli51dxnXnHP(A819cjLzTG  KxpCKuEZsnXnHP1csE9WvlpXc0XH94o(XfxCXDKJ7dCVWBegdubMbmYjGYTE794o2J74Ehx9vy4cfnbz4QWKGFCXfx  Cfgn(fgD1ArA6HooSifjfoMMeOVevRfzdUOooSsuZRrOwIAkVzP2mu8IwBgkErRLhPLQ1YhSH)Te1uEZsTzO4fT2mu  8IwlpslvRwBqxd8yaOnhzcfUUQLdJCIPWOgBiq1C3GwFBOthoCuJL4iGJPjb6B4ZAVYy6vBiyD4Og1jsxIAjVqkGk6  9f8AWdLuIACjkDuIQvRL8cjM4MalGQL8cjwKtkGQfqf9(suZpytusndmzVmBynUeLokrndmzVmBybV2nGkiV9McE1Q  vRfCOoWs0WNn0rdbQHoAOZg6OHUAgx5ei(D6WHtYVcSU4NCNx1CacSZQvBiWLOwIPWX0KalrTGKxpC1YtSaDCypUJF  CXfxCHIMGmCvysWf)cJg)4h)4VAnOmnomcEZsnvaSMGsnarjm6lp0sTS3CtnEzMN7fTHaeiNaxtfaRjOu7wMkW8yGC  DwA6mz(R5JebTSjy0F9Lc9iEnHaynbf)1gzifHcj(8ouP2GUg4hvpC4cEeI7ZArA6HooSifjfoMMeOVevRPWX0Kalr  nL3Suli51dxTGKxpC1YtSaDCypUJFCXfxCh54(a3l8gHXavGzaJCcOCR3EpUJ94oU3XvFfgUqrtqgUkmj4hxCXfxHr  JFHrxtCtyQVgFDVqszwli51dhjL3SutCtyATGKxpCKEh0sTGKxpCvR5UbT(2qNoC4OglXrahttc03WN1ELX0R2WN1O  or6sul5fsSiNuavdEOKsuJlrPJsuTATKxiXe3eybuTKxifqf9(cETaQO3xIA(bBIsQzGj7LzdRXLO0rjQDdOcYBVPG  xZat2lZgwWRwTATGd1bwIg(SHoAiqndxK705tW6cSoaYfyF60fWnhGa7SHUA4ZQvB4vLOwWH6alrdF2mi3PlYD4IF(  D4K)Ri)5voBoabg4gcuZWf)oCYVtWELdGagi(bgiW2CacSZg6SzqUdGa7txKFfWoVcSGLFNoBoab2zdD1WNvRXlZ8C  VOn0jybUguMghgbVzPMkawtqPgGOeg9LhAPw2BUPMkawtqP2TmvG5Xa56S00zY8xZhjcAztWO)6lf6r8AcbWAck(Rn  Yqkcfs85DOsTbDnIZmUGhH4cuTin9qhhwKIKchttc0xIQ1ISbxuhhwjQ51iulrnL3SuBgkErRndfVO1YJ0s1ACXbRe  18brkbWn8zTGd1bcQn8znEn0rn6emQJdRMRArQ53ydDul4qDGzB4ZArQ53ibVzPwKA(nccjkVul4qDGG3WN1couhiO  3WN1IuZVXmsSGAqrtqgU5jwGooShZWZeu8(lIRxJq9I4sluA8o(XfxQtqKc3iBIsWLmg3hZWZeu8ECDF4ceUUpC5I6  lzNh3XfG4(GlQVKDEGlioUaDh)4Ilu0eKHRxJqfx3pUpE8GlQVK1pypISjk5oUUFCFEhehO746(WLwO04D8lmA8xdW  n0rn4rJQ0qh18brkHxdFwl5fsrQ53ybVAT8bB4FlrnL3SuBgkErRndfVO1YJ0s1Q1u4yAsGLOMYBwQfK86HRwqYRho  skVzPM4MW0AIBct914R7fskZAbjVE4QLNyb64WECh)4IlU4oYX9bUx4ncJbQaZag5eq5wV9ECh7XDCVJR(kmCHIMGm  CvysWpU4IlUcJg)cJUwqYRhosVdAPwqYRhUQ1yjoc4yAsG(g(SM7g06BdD6WHJAVYy6vB4ZAuNiDjQL8cjwKtkGQbp  usjQXLO0rjQwTwYlKyIBcSaQwYlKcOIEFbVwav07lrn)Gnrj1mWK9YSH14su6Oe1mWK9YSHf8QvRwlXu4yAsGLOwqY  RhUA5jwGooSh3XpU4IlUqrtqgUkmj4IFHrJF8JF8xTA1AU1WNUE6OAl
    Here is also a short clip to illustrate the problem

Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2014-09-15 at 11:52 PM.

How do you even get character models to show up in WeakAuras?

I tried importing Kait's strings but they're old. Already looked up basic tutorials on YouTube for WeakAuras and checked out Kait's "WeakAuras frame trigger" thread, still can't figure it out.

Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by infamousX View Post
    First, you bind that macro in the thread to a key and use it to open/re-position the character panel and tell WeakAuras to scan for an event (EVN_O). Next, create a 3D model, with a custom trigger set for specific Event(s) - the event being EVN_O (and UNIT_MODEL_CHANGED for shifty morphing classes). Everything else is just fill in from the info in Kaitains' thread = 1)Custom trigger, 2)untrigger, and 3)Duration Info. The important part for it to show the player model is the Duration info part. You only need the first two for non-player model related stuff, like panels and effects. I straight up used WeakAuras for all the panels and stuff, so I don't know if the process varies with kgPanels to make them show up with the macro click.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2014-09-16 at 02:56 AM.

To do it with kgPanels you just put the EVN_O stuff into the onShow and onHide scripts for a panel parented to your frame. If someone else hasn't gone into more detail before then, I'll explain it a bit better when I'm not on mobile.

https://i.imgur.com/q3bigFh.jpg

Buff duration below player frame only visible when active, cooldowns above unit frame only visible when usable (and in combat), blade flurry icon only visible when blade flurry is active, anticipation tracker next to target frame only visible when buff is present and in combat.
    Last edited by Hyu; 2014-09-16 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuo View Post
    --snip---cool ui post--snip--
    I really like what you have going on with the minimap and buffs at top. The unitframes too, specially on the monk.

The buff + debuff tracker on the locks however, not really. I guess that might just be personal preference but, i hate having to look almost all the way down to see that information. The font not being the same as the rest is a bit weird (also for the target name).

The ember/shard tracker is ... ok but i think it looks much better on the monk.

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/BiV9Tjq.jpg

I'm not sure if there's to much going on my screen ;<

Would love some feedback.

I would filter the buffs shown over your player frame. Some of them are irrelevant as hell- you should know that you're well fed or have flask / visions active, for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasee View Post
    I would filter the buffs shown over your player frame. Some of them are irrelevant as hell- you should know that you're well fed or have flask / visions active, for example.
    Thanks, Just removed the flask/food and visions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madstrike View Post
    I really like what you have going on with the minimap and buffs at top. The unitframes too, specially on the monk.
    Pretty much every one of those elements are from Kait's Mage UI, apart from buffs and even then, heavily, heavily inspired.

The buff + debuff tracker on the locks however, not really. I guess that might just be personal preference but, i hate having to look almost all the way down to see that information. The font not being the same as the rest is a bit weird (also for the target name).
    I use the same buff display on all classes at the moment, under the player frame that is. It works really well I've found, it's very easy to see when something new shows up and I can tell at a glance what I want to do.

The debuff tracker on the Lock is just AffDots, I can't sacrifice this addon due to its functionality, but I should look into changing the font. It's something I've considered before. Positioning is worth looking into, but I simply don't know where it would go and still be kept in the center of action. It's a tough one!

As for the name font, I use that in a couple places in the UI. Pretty much wherever a big font would go. It's another element taken from Kait's UI and I feel it really enhances and makes those elements stand out. On the Monk I disabled it as it doesn't fit with the center orb at all.

I'm fairly sure I'll end up just unifying all the fonts and going with one strong option, but I don't feel ready giving up the experiment of using different fonts depending on the type of data displayed.

The ember/shard tracker is ... ok but i think it looks much better on the monk.
    The Monk one is probably more eye-candy, it features loads of animations and Birg did a crazy good job! But I'm really happy with the Embers/Shards tracking in the UI right now, it's actually much more practical than I thought it would be. Especially for Embers.

I'm not sure how much I can expand the use of that center ring thing though. I have no idea how to solve it for Boomkins and Healers are pretty much shafted at this point. Luckily my only Healer at the moment is my 60 Priest.
    It was also a bit of a struggle for Demonology, I ended up using it for Hand of Gul'dan charges and doing a separate Demonic Fury bar. Less than optimal, for sure.

Thanks for the feedback!

It's weird that the exact same settings works fine on my druid.
    I don't know why the two trigger solution didn't work. I haven't looked how weakauras handles multiple triggers, so I can't even speculate.

But if you just use one trigger, with a custom trigger function like this for the player model:
    Code:
        return CharacterFrame:IsShown() and not UnitAura("player", "Ghost Wolf")
    and for the wolf model:
    Code:
        return CharacterFrame:IsShown() and UnitAura("player", "Ghost Wolf")
    everything seems to work. That's essentially what the trigger for the ghost wolf aura already did, just written shorter.

Btw, you no longer need to set the player model in the custom duration function.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infamousX View Post

I tried importing Kait's strings but they're old. Already looked up basic tutorials on YouTube for WeakAuras and checked out Kait's "WeakAuras frame trigger" thread, still can't figure it out.

Any help?
    If you wait a few weeks, this is going to be very easy with Warlords of Draenor. (And the then new WeakAuras.) There will be a option in the model settings to use the model of a specific unit. I demonstrate that in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC3uZR9vLz4

The trigger can then be anything you like, but I recommend triggering on UNIT_MODEL_CHANGED to e.g. react to shapeshifting or armor changes.

If you wait a few weeks, this is going to be very easy with Warlords of Draenor. (And the then new WeakAuras.) There will be a option in the model settings to use the model of a specific unit. I demonstrate that in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC3uZR9vLz4

The trigger can then be anything you like, but I recommend triggering on UNIT_MODEL_CHANGED to e.g. react to shapeshifting or armor changes.
    Then wait I shall. thank you for the information!