Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Snichy i would love a Shaman or Druid version of that UI! =)
    It looks absolutely amazing and seems easy to spot procs etc, just shame i don't play Mage !

So here is my Ret Paladin UI - similar to my Mage UI above but tailored for a Ret Paladin. Next job is to sort out a healing UI for my Priest

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    So here is my Ret Paladin UI - similar to my Mage UI above but tailored for a Ret Paladin. Next job is to sort out a healing UI for my Priest
    Your UI's are so nice! I love the pally one. Only thing I would change is the inquisition bar, but that's just personal pref. I hope you can share those sometime. Job well done!

Current revision; I keep adding stuff from the great people here, as you can see. But I also try to remove clutter, so any help on how to clean it up would be great.

http://i.imgur.com/NDlMXuo.jpg

Vertical Bars:
    Guard Duration; White.
    Guard Amount; Yellow.
    Healing Elixirs; Yellow Dot.
    Elusive Brew; Orange.
    Stagger; (Green/Yellow/Red) - Changes based on Debuff.
    Tiger Power; Faded Green.
    Then there's Chi Wave, RWJ/SCK, and also for WW there's FoF and RSK.

Under Energy there is Horizontal Bars just the same otherwise for Trinkets and Weapons buffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    Current revision; I keep adding stuff from the great people here, as you can see. But I also try to remove clutter, so any help on how to clean it up would be great.

Vertical Bars:
    Guard Duration; White.
    Guard Amount; Yellow.
    Healing Elixirs; Yellow Dot.
    Elusive Brew; Orange.
    Stagger; (Green/Yellow/Red) - Changes based on Debuff.
    Tiger Power; Faded Green.
    Then there's Chi Wave, RWJ/SCK, and also for WW there's FoF and RSK.

Under Energy there is Horizontal Bars just the same otherwise for Trinkets and Weapons buffs.
    What are those Nameplates, I like them a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Danielps1 View Post
    What are those Nameplates, I like them a lot
    Just ElvUI's, I can post the settings when I get home if you'd like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deshi View Post
    Edit; I remade the picture to thumbnails so you can get a fullsize when you click them

Here is my ui. It is a moded version of the classic ui focused on pvp but works just as good in pve.

Idle with chat bubble

Idle with target, using unit frame with class colors but still keeping that classic look.

When important cooldowns or crowdcontrol abiltys are used they will show up and replacing the potrait on the unit frames.

Using Defuse font as combat text

It shows a castbar above hostile players head, even if you dont have them as your current target.

Hey Deshi,

I tried to replicate and adjust your customization of the rofio-setup, but i have 3 points i can't get a grasp on:

1) how did you get the CC/important buff icon to anchor to the target portrait? i tried to adjust lose control for it, but it does not seem to "fit" into the target's portrait (it stays rectangular)

2) what addon are you using for the nameplates / the casting bars on the plates?

3) how do you change the class icon to the target's portrait?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by mmoca1e9535a29; 2014-10-09 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azari View Post
    Hey Deshi,

I tried to replicate and adjust your customization of the rofio-setup, but i have 3 points i can't get a grasp on:

1) how did you get the CC/important buff icon to anchor to the target portrait? i tried to adjust lose control for it, but it does not seem to "fit" into the target's portrait (it stays rectangular)

2) what addon are you using for the nameplates / the casting bars on the plates?

3) how do you change the class icon to the target's portrait?

thanks in advance

Hey , I use and addon called photoRobot for the buffs and debuffs on the potraits. just download it and install it and it will fix it all. Link : http://www.wowinterface.com/download...hotoRobot.html

Edit: I forgot to mention I use the Addon Aurora to get darker chat bubbles and Menues (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...89-Aurora.html
    )
    For the name plates Im using Tidyplates( Link http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tidy-plates,) Im gonna do my best to describe the settings I have, after installation go to game menu->interface-> addons-> Tidy plates.

Go to tidy plates Hub : Damage, Your first option will be the health Bar View, use this setting
    Enemy Bar color: By Class Enemy Name color: By Class, Enemy Status text: None
    Friendly Bar Color: By Class Friendly Name Color: By Class Friendly Status Text: None

Then you will scrolldown to Headline View, use this settings;

Enemy Nameplates: Headline Always (No Healthbar) Enemy Headline Color: By Class
    Friendly Nameplates: Headline Always (No Healthbar) Friendly Headling Color: By Class
    Status Text field: Percent Health

Scroll down once more and you will get to Buffs and Debuffs, use this settings;

Click the Show Aura Timers Box, Icon Style: Wide Filter Mode: Show My Debuffs.

When that is done scrolldown to Opacity;

Current Target Opacity: 100% Non-target Opacity: 85% (Note this can be 100% as-well its just a metter of taste)

Opacity Spotlight Moder: None , Spotlight Opacity: 100%

Click the box Use Target Opacity When No target Exists, Leave the other boxes empty.

Now you scrolldown to Scale Options use this settings;

Normal Scale: 85% Scale Spotlight Mode: By Threat, Spotlight Scale: 85%
    Click the box Auto-Scale Mini/Trivial Mobs and Bring Casting Units to Spotlight Scale leave the others ones empty.

On Unit Filter you make sure all boxes are empty and the scale and unit opacity option is at 0%

On the Reaction Option you dont touch anything.

Then you will get to Threat Option,

Threat Mode: Auto(color swap) Click the box Enable Border Glow and Border Warning Glow

In the Option Spellcasting You can choose to also show Friendly cast bars i you like to. I prefer to only see hostile targets.
    Other Widgets Option there is no need to touch this

When all this is done click on tidy plates and use this settings;

Primary Spec Theme: Quatre/Damage Second Spec Theme: Quatre/Damage (This makes sure you are using the settings for Tidy Plates Damage hub on both specs)

Enemy Nameplates: No automation Friendly Name Plates: No Automation

Now you are done with the settings and i t should work.

Note; If you want to save this settings go to Tidy Plate Damage: Hub and look at the upper right corner. There you will have the option to COPY YOUR SETTINGS TO THE CACHE. Remember to only Press once. When you log on an alt you go to tidy plates damage: hub and press paste and it will copy all the saved setting to that character.

Hopw this Guide will help you. let me know if you get it to work or if you get any problems =)
    Last edited by Deshi; 2014-10-10 at 08:29 AM.

Deleted
    Hey Deshi,

thanks for the detailed response! I use tidyplates myself, so I'm sure I can follow your setup once I get home. As for PhotoRobot: I think i didn't install it from the rofio-UI-package because I tried to avoid the folder-clutter I once had in my interface and thought that LoseControl would do the same I will give it a try!

Originally I wanted only the Unit Frames from the Rofio-UI because I could never have my Stuf-Layout to please me more than a week
    I liked the scripted cast bars, but didn't know how to hide them on friendly units (which is pretty unnerving when healing). I use some of Zork's UI-elements (rminimap, rinfostrings for example) and moveanything is my best friend here.

Deleted
    I can't find any reasonable good Screenshots of my UI in action! Here's a few that are okay ish tho.

I was setting up some improtant Weak Aura strings to help me Rank higher on Thok 25m HC.

http://imgur.com/8NPBXrX[

This was just a Garrosh 25Hc kill, it shows some of the new features i've added to the UI (Hermes mostly)

http://i.imgur.com/8NPBXrX.jpg

This is a kill vid of our 2nd Garrosh 25m HC kill i think, the first one is somewhere on my channel to but has a diffrent Intro / Songs.
    Basicly you can see the UI in action.

Kept the basic layout since TBC, only small alterations as time has gone by.

Any questions, nitpicking, criticism and suggestions are greatly appreciated

One day I'll stop being lazy and embrace WA

Deleted
    thats one hell of a beautiful UI D:

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post

This just might be my new favorite layout; going to try to build something similar!

Also, @Munglunch: While Supervillain UI might not be something I'd use, I can appreciate the amount of work and effort you've put into it. Your passion shows, good work man!

10+ Year Old Account
    this is my UI nothing fancy but it gets the job done

this is how it looks with raid frames

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-10-12 at 03:16 AM.

This is what I've been fiddling with the last few weeks. I haven't really been working on it much because we are so close to 6.0, and I'm going to try to make a fully functional released UI this time (hence no point until after 6.0).

Led made a comment a while back...

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I like it. Well I'm not really a fan of artsy UI's really, especially since it's hard to give all the UI elements the same feeling without going over the top.
    .. which highlights a very important point; and it's where a lot of arty UIs sort of fail a bit.
    So I've been working out ways to have the art style in the UI be able to bridge the (wide) gap between arty and minimal by having a gradual decrease of frills. Here are the details so far:

I'm happy with where I've got it to so far. Nothing feels jarring or too out of place (to my eye anyways).
    Let me know what you think

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    thats one hell of a beautiful UI D:
    Thank you! ^.^

I want to change the coloring, preferably to something that looks sleek and functional. The problem is that I really suck with colors. Is there a good color palette addon/guide/anything out there to get a good color theme for all classes and resources?

Kaitain: You, and a few others here, are just in an entire different league. Jaw-dropping work.
    Last edited by cast; 2014-10-12 at 11:56 AM.

So, after months of being a lazy shit, I decided I'd try to do something I haven't done before.

I was initially going to use the Warrior crest that MagicalDandruff provided downloads for a few months ago but after staring at it for an hour, I came to the conclusion that the colors were just too.... poopy (seriously, everything is brown). So I started looking around the google and found this thing. It's apparently a Blackrock Clan crest which gave me the idea to do something WoD inspired. Obviously still a huge WiP but I think I'd like to make the various effects show at different rage thresholds. Also, I think I might remove the black smoke effect but we'll see. Next up is finding some warrior-esque animations in the model viewer and finding a suitably BRUTAL font. Unit frames are maybe? headed in the right direction but I don't really know yet; probably more solid than transparent.

Any other suggestions/feedback would be really appreciated.

PS. Ignore the rest of the UI; it's my bank alt.