Thread: Post Your UI

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Yeah i have tried that also doesn't work either sadly.
    The UI becomes really small but the problem persists.
    My resolution is 1680x1050
    Try placing this anywhere in an addon, or make it into it's own addon.

Code:
    local scaler = CreateFrame("Frame")
    scaler:RegisterEvent("VARIABLES_LOADED")
    scaler:RegisterEvent("UI_SCALE_CHANGED")
    scaler:SetScript("OnEvent", function()
    	if 768/string.match(({GetScreenResolutions()})[GetCurrentResolution()], "%d+x(%d+)") < .64 then
    		UIParent:SetScale(768/string.match(({GetScreenResolutions()})[GetCurrentResolution()], "%d+x(%d+)"))
    	end
    end)

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    Making some progress on my WoD inspired UI:

Out of Combat:

Combat:

Font dilemma: Do I use the brutal font for everything but chat? Options options!
    Badass! I love it.
    It's a slight shame that the Iron Maiden font has so much cultural baggage, but that is possibly less true the younger you are.

Thanks for all the kind words and advice guys. I was thinking of doing what all of you have suggested with regards to fonts so I'm happy to hear that everyone else thinks it's a sound idea too. I really love the way the digits look but the text has a little more cognitive overhead than I'd like I have a few other neat elements in the UI like the modded talent frame that Kait and a few others have shown off but until I come up with something cool to do with it, I'm going to hold off on showing it lol.

@Everlu Took your suggestion! Axed the clock data text and stretched out the texture to accommodate the other 7 within the bladed bits. Gotta admit, I quite like it stretched out.

@Snichy Last time I posted, I said I'd be using your layout! Thanks to you, I was able to find some great artwork too Also, if you or anyone else can recommend some monospace fonts, I'm all ears. I feel like I've been using Source forever now.

@Kait Baggage schmaggage, I'm going to listen to Hallowed Be Thy Name right now!

@Snichy Last time I posted, I said I'd be using your layout! Thanks to you, I was able to find some great artwork too Also, if you or anyone else can recommend some monospace fonts, I'm all ears. I feel like I've been using Source forever now.!
    Tricky. Fonts are like women (or men), one mans Marilyn Monroe is another mans Marilyn Manson

I would just do a Google image search for "Fantasy Font" or "Gothic Font" or whatever style you want and scroll through all the fonts until you find one you like (making sure to credit/pay the author if its not free!)

Those unit frame textures are awesome. Love the UI!

Deleted
    I came up with a good way to display target name text (make it only pop up temporarily when you switch targets), so here's a video:

phwoar.

might suggest you have it a lower down and fade it out a little bit slower?

10+ Year Old Account
    My current shadow UI (DropBox video link)

(The third icon slot below my shadow orbs tracking is where an alert for my level 75 talent--current Twist of Fate which procs when the target is below 35% health--would show up. The target dummies don't allow for this to show up.)

The look and feel of the timers are stolen from Constie (though lovingly recreated by myself in Weak Auras with a few modifications). My unit frames, I believe, are stolen from carebear at one point or another (again, recreated from base ingredients). There may have been other people who influenced me, but nothing else, as I recall, was consciously ripped off, so I can give out no further credits.

In my defense of theft, I have two things. One is the famous quote from, I think, Oscar Wilde: "Talent borrows, genius steals."

And also, this comic.
    Last edited by shanthi; 2014-11-06 at 10:00 PM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Out of Combat:

Combat:

Font dilemma: Do I use the brutal font for everything but chat? Options options!
    Where the heck is everyone getting the cool stuff in the middle from? I looked at WA and I cant seem to find that kind of stuff. I really like the idea of having something in the middle like that, and then bars on either side, reminds me of my Yin-Yang concept way back. Keep up the good stuff everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xdunpealx View Post
    Where the heck is everyone getting the cool stuff in the middle from? I looked at WA and I cant seem to find that kind of stuff.
    Those types of things require creating or finding custom graphics and using them within Weak Auras (instead of using one of the graphics that come with the package, inputting the file path to your custom graphic in the path name input box for a texture).
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

@modernist: That looks super clean. I'm impressed! It's refreshing to see a different layout. Do you have any combat screenshots you could share? I'd love to see how your UI works with all of the extra stuff showing. I don't know what auras addon you're using, but would it be possible to filter out some of the typical raid buffs so you don't have redundant information?

Tenuously related to the topic in general: I'm working on setting up a blog for UI theory/design stuff because I'm bored these days. If there's interest, I'll drop a link when it's up!

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying another layout, and would greatly appreciate criticism, especially if anybody has advice as to background textures for my chat window and omen. As you can see, the solid is a little bit much.

And here's an image of me using it in a party. Please excuse the focus frame: I'm trying to get rid of it.

And now I have one in a raid:

Last edited by blackmun; 2014-11-07 at 12:19 AM.

!
    The biggest "issue" with this UI is that I play too many alts, and I'd want something equally cool for all of them!

As someone else stated, very awesome to see that people are starting to add back some artwork to their UIs after the I-can-be-more-minimal-than-you phase. This appears to be a great example of form meets function.

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    I came up with a good way to display target name text (make it only pop up temporarily when you switch targets), so here's a video:

Ugh, I need to set up a generic version of this for all my characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post

Not quite sure what exactly is going on here, could you elaborate?

@ Aviel i like it, its clean i like how your party frames are there. However, i look at it, and i feel like i have to draw my eyes down to see health and debuffs. Now this is only in my opinion, it is hard finding a balance a where i could literally keep my eyes focused in the middle of the screen where the action is, and see all the important information i need without cluttering. Then again wow's default UI has everyone looking to the upper left. When you get used to an UI you get used to looking and then you gain that gamer sense of where your stuff is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. Where are your eyes normally focused such that you have to draw them down to see the health and debuffs?

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2014-11-07 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by infamousX View Post
    Not quite sure what exactly is going on here, could you elaborate?
    There is no name text on the unit frame.
    Instead at the very start of the video, the name of their target appears with a fancy banner, and then disappears.
    Have to watch carefully for it, or you could miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.