Thread: Post Your UI

I dont usually like modern contemporary UIs and most of my UIs that I design are based on the fantasy genre, but I thought I would rustle up something modern looking real quick and this is how it turned out. What do you think? Bear in mind its just something I did quickly so theres plenty of things to work on like positioning, alignment etc and its only for leveling so far hence the lack of raid frames, DBM (and why the minimap is larger than usual) but its a start...!

Last edited by Snichy; 2015-01-04 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    Recently redid my UI a bit. I'd love some criticism and help if anyone has any ideas.

Idle

Combat with Target

The good, the bad, and the ugly (minus a boss mod - hermes does not normally have all those dk things, just added to show the design)
    I was planning on leveling a DK soon, could you tell me what addon you use to display your runes above your player frame?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    I dont usually like modern contemporary UIs and most of my UIs that I design are based on the fantasy genre, but I thought I would rustle up something modern looking real quick and this is how it turned out. What do you think? Bear in mind its just something I did quickly so theres plenty of things to work on like positioning, alignment etc and its only for leveling so far hence the lack of raid frames, DBM (and why the minimap is larger than usual) but its a start...!

Any reason why buffs/stance bar are skinned different to the rest of the UI?

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Any reason why buffs/stance bar are skinned different to the rest of the UI?
    Probably a legacy of the UI which was replaced by this one. Any questions like this (like why the clock isnt centred etc) has the same answer: Its a WIP so I haven't ironed out all the abnormalities (yet!) I probably should have waited until I finished it before posting it here but welcome any feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
    I was planning on leveling a DK soon, could you tell me what addon you use to display your runes above your player frame?

Thanks!
    ElvUI

/minchar

Deleted
    http://puu.sh/e4Qzl/02a2f49c7b.jpg

i just use shadow unit frames, and then i just got tellmewhen with all cds on screen, during raid since i use my cd's they are gone and all i see is my unit frames etc.

all keys spells are keybinded.

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    Probably a legacy of the UI which was replaced by this one. Any questions like this (like why the clock isnt centred etc) has the same answer: Its a WIP so I haven't ironed out all the abnormalities (yet!) I probably should have waited until I finished it before posting it here but welcome any feedback.
    I wasn't being cheeky, sorry if it came across that way.

The good, the bad, and the ugly (minus a boss mod - hermes does not normally have all those dk things, just added to show the design)
    What's that raidframe? Can you export the settings for it?

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    What's that raidframe? Can you export the settings for it?
    It's ElvUI with custom tank/healer/dps icons I made (based on some of the other ones I've seen used, but couldn't find a download for).
    Last edited by dementedlogic; 2015-01-05 at 05:33 PM.

After looking at that, it boggles my mind why I play WoW on my small monitor and browse the internet/watch films on the big one meh!
    Last edited by Anzen; 2015-01-05 at 06:42 PM.

Completely custom, I hate prepackaged UIs.

Never have understood the fascination some people have with incredibly tiny userframes and text, but I'm really visually oriented.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    It's ElvUI with custom tank/healer/dps icons I made (based on some of the other ones I've seen used, but couldn't find a download for).
    Just up the UI for us please, a lot of people are interested

Deleted
    Last edited by mmocc0aa81fb28; 2015-01-05 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Made image smaller

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xintic View Post

Trying a new style.
    I like it! You make want to add portraits to my own unitframes.

Deleted
    http://i2.minus.com/iyRnwdW3RW0KO.jpg

what i currently use, thanks Lyn for allowing me to discover butgerstijl's ui.

Any chance you could release the icons? o.O

Sayru... if you don't mine me asking a stupid question... what are those nameplates called?

15+ Year Old Account

I'd love to get rid of ElvUI some day, but it just has too much functionality I'd miss. there are a couple things i wish i could do with it that i cant without more extensive lua knowledge though, like having all of the frames have class colored background EXCEPT my raid frames which i would love to have as a custom color backdrop instead.

I love my pixel fonts but i decided to do something different for a while. This is what im currently using:

this is a hud i used to use on my mistweaver to keep track of my cds/manatea/mana. i may go back to it one day

Last edited by kheath812; 2015-01-06 at 05:09 AM.