Thread: Post Your UI

Recklessness icon is somewhat missplaced and not really sure why omen was there xD
    Besides that, some feedback would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post

Working on a "new" eclipse bar, to move away from all the massive wa icons.
    Any update on this, would love to try!
    Last edited by Teramosa; 2015-02-18 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want it.

Deleted
    Can't post images/links yet, so you'll have to copy/paste:

i.imgur.com/2TFgms6.jpg

Custom setup, bartender/pitbull/clcinfo/kgpanels/raven being the main components.

Out of combat: i.imgur.com/e389v4U.jpg

Player frame hides if no target and 100% health/mana. The clcinfo icons/bars and holy power bar hide (individually) if out of combat, no hostile target, and no relevant information to display (ie, if I'm out of combat with some holy power saved and avenging wrath still on cooldown, the only things shown will be the holy power bar and the wings icon; as soon as I go into combat, or target something I can attack, everything appears again).
    Last edited by mmoc19a6831006; 2015-02-19 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Athalnor View Post
    Can't post images/links yet, so you'll have to copy/paste:

i.imgur.com/2TFgms6.jpg

Custom setup, bartender/pitbull/clcinfo/kgpanels/raven being the main components.

Out of combat: i.imgur.com/e389v4U.jpg

Player frame hides if no target and 100% health/mana. The clcinfo icons/bars and holy power bar hide (individually) if out of combat, no hostile target, and no relevant information to display (ie, if I'm out of combat with some holy power saved and avenging wrath still on cooldown, the only things shown will be the holy power bar and the wings icon; as soon as I go into combat, or target something I can attack, everything appears again).
    Fixed the links

My only real comment would be maybe find a way to consolidate all the long duration buffs. Don't really need to know about them other than knowing you have them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelani3 View Post
    Any update on this, would love to try!
    I kinda veered away from it after I couldnt get it to look exactly how I wanted but heres the pastebin for it
    http://pastebin.com/Zj9gHhLG

What i got atm.. still working on it xD no idea if i did image right so link is under it aswell lol

http://i.imgur.com/idsu9J1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    y<snip>
    Raid Frame addon please?

Could be literally anything. Most or all raidframe addons could be configured to look like that.

It's grid iirc since he posted for assistance with it in mod edition not to long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenSpitfire View Post

Tried to capture in the spirit of the standard UI and tried to improve it. At first i tried to replace the minimap with chinchilla, but for some BS reason it never saved its position and settings, so i left it where it still is.
    This looks fantastic! Nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Raid Frame addon please?
    its grid2

10char

10+ Year Old Account
    So I watched IGN's The Order 1886 review, and couldn't stop looking at what little UI there was throughout the game:

And after several failed attempts at just scribbling out a vague idea for a UI using the similar minimal lines and some background textures in Paint, I just grabbed a notepad and penned a quick, sloppy outline of the main frames I was thinking of:

And then the same thing but on a new piece of paper with some other ideas:

I think this part of the sloppy one stumbled on a pleasing style. Been playing lots of Darkest Dungeon and I'm loving the art design there. Maybe a gritty, uneven, hatched texture would work well, sorta like some of the Guild Wars ones?:

I never ever see anyone post super rough ideas like this here, especially not hand drawn scribbles like this. I just cannot get what I'm thinking onto the screen properly. What do you guys think, as a very, very rough idea? Will see what I can do with KG and Weak Auras tomorrow, I feel I could at least get some of these areas defined, actually get it going in-game now that I can clearly see what I'm thinking about.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Those "portraits," LOL. I think most people prefer to do mockups in Photoshop and such simply because you are working in an environment that's exactly or close to in-game conditions and its easy to manipulate elements. Its a nice change of pace though. I see high entertainment value.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    So I watched IGN's The Order 1886 review, and couldn't stop looking at what little UI there was throughout the game:

And after several failed attempts at just scribbling out a vague idea for a UI using the similar minimal lines and some background textures in Paint, I just grabbed a notepad and penned a quick, sloppy outline of the main frames I was thinking of:

I think this part of the sloppy one stumbled on a pleasing style. Been playing lots of Darkest Dungeon and I'm loving the art design there. Maybe a gritty, uneven, hatched texture would work well, sorta like some of the Guild Wars ones?:

I never ever see anyone post super rough ideas like this here, especially not hand drawn scribbles like this. I just cannot get what I'm thinking onto the screen properly. What do you guys think, as a very, very rough idea? Will see what I can do with KG and Weak Auras tomorrow, I feel I could at least get some of these areas defined, actually get it going in-game now that I can clearly see what I'm thinking about.
    I love that you spent time actually DRAWING up ideas, might take a lot of weak auras / kg panels (for the arty bits) but it would probably be worth it.
    If you need help theres plenty of insanely good people in this thread that might be able to give you advice / tips / help on some of this.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post

i think you definitely shouldnt have that many skillbars on your screen, it would definitely clutter it up, and the idea is the be sleek and simple no? i think one low opacity bar with important cooldown abilities would look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    yeah i upload in png and its still pretty awful quality, not sure.

heres the raid ss:

i made my own skull and star raid markers for fun. couldnt get any others to look decent so i didnt bother.

the green tick mark shows healers, theres blue for tanks, and damage dealer tick marks are hidden. the orange rectangle is PWS, the red is weakened soul.

i have damage reduction cooldowns (barrier,ps, spirit link, ironbark, etc) grow from the bottom right. i also have raid debuffs of the same size in the top middle above names (same place as raid marker)

edit: i guess its just the file size. the smaller images dont seem to get compressed by imgur at all.
    If you ever finish this, an upload would be really great. As a disc priest I love this. If not, it still looks really great, good job!

Ok, so I took Skullflower's UI as a base and took some inspiration from Kait's Unit Frames. I've got to change the font on Skada to match and move the boss frame up a tad (so the castbar doesn't overlap the bottom bar). Feels really fresh. My only problem is the floating Grid UF's... but can't really be helped.

Idle

Auchindoun

Last edited by Teramosa; 2015-02-20 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    Those "portraits," LOL. I think most people prefer to do mockups in Photoshop and such simply because you are working in an environment that's exactly or close to in-game conditions and its easy to manipulate elements. Its a nice change of pace though. I see high entertainment value.
    For years I've been sketching UIs before photoshoping. It's a great method when you want to make a UI that breaks the/your mould.