Thread: Post Your UI

Minimalist Mistweaver Monk UI

Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Just picked the game back up after a short hiatus so decided to refine my levelling Prot Paladin's UI and also try and create a "minimalist" UI for my Mistweaver Monk:
    Mind sharing the grid2 layout?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Some small changes. Also messing around with a few fonts.

Last edited by Arborus; 2015-03-07 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Mind sharing the grid2 layout?
    It's Vuhdo mate - I've barely even played around with the settings. I'm not a massive fan of how it handles the HoT icons if I'm honest.

I took Goldpaw's UI and switched out the unit frames to custom unitframes, also scaled it down to get smaller actionbars in the gui config.

Im in love with it!

Hello,
    Is it possible to change the color of the frame of health on more black ? like vuhdu on the top frame? coz atm its something like darkgrey and depends from class-color backgroud.
    i.imgur.com/fvNbMAi.jpg

[QUOTE=Goldpaw;32600205]Greetings fellow UI-maniacs!

My name is Lars Norberg, or "Goldpaw" as pretty much everyone on the Interwebz know me as. And I make UIs. The UI I'm currently using is the 4th edition of my series called "gUI", though this time I have decided to change the name to "Goldpaw's UI", since that is what everybody google anyway.

My current UI differs from most others in a few aspects. First of all, it's very graphical. No standard gradients or simple lines here. It's all layer upon layer of custom graphics, animated statusbars, shineeffects and whatnot. I made several hundred textures for it. Can you spell "overkill"?!

Further it is designed to work like a charm straight out of the box. No need to set anything up, unless you really really want to. Most things can be configured in some manner, moved or toggled, so chances are you can mold it to your liking. If you're into this kind of UI, that is. Some like tiny components with tons of info you don't really need visible. I don't. I've always thought of WoW as an arcade game, so I made a UI that reflected that!

really nice UI you got there mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldpaw View Post
    Greetings fellow UI-maniacs!

My name is Lars Norberg, or "Goldpaw" as pretty much everyone on the Interwebz know me as. And I make UIs. The UI I'm currently using is the 4th edition of my series called "gUI", though this time I have decided to change the name to "Goldpaw's UI", since that is what everybody google anyway.

My current UI differs from most others in a few aspects. First of all, it's very graphical. No standard gradients or simple lines here. It's all layer upon layer of custom graphics, animated statusbars, shineeffects and whatnot. I made several hundred textures for it. Can you spell "overkill"?!

Further it is designed to work like a charm straight out of the box. No need to set anything up, unless you really really want to. Most things can be configured in some manner, moved or toggled, so chances are you can mold it to your liking. If you're into this kind of UI, that is. Some like tiny components with tons of info you don't really need visible. I don't. I've always thought of WoW as an arcade game, so I made a UI that reflected that!

The UI is split into separate addons, since it's far easier to pick what you want that way. I'm a big fan of simplicity, as my UI surely is a testament to! Try it out if you want. Sharing is caring and all that! And feel free to stop by the community's facebook page if you have questions!

Currently available modules:
    Goldpaw's UI (core) - required for the others to work
    Goldpaw's Actionbars
    Goldpaw's Auras
    Goldpaw's Castbars
    Goldpaw's Chat
    Goldpaw's Devtools
    Goldpaw's Fontchanger
    Goldpaw's Minimap
    Goldpaw's Nameplates
    Goldpaw's Objectives
    Goldpaw's Tooltip
    Goldpaw's Trade
    Goldpaw's Unitframes

Hey I found a problem, when I have your actionbars installed my selfcast key wont work at all. I just refuses to cast penence on me when I have a friendly target. Also when I have an enemy target i wont work. I disabled all goldpaw addons and tested them one by one and my self cast key did work fine with all of them exept with goldpaws actionbars. Any idea how to fix this?

Edit, I also discovered that there is no stealth bar. When you open up in suberfudge the stalth bar disapers instant rather then after 2 sec. Samething happens when one use shadowdance, there is no stealth bar showing up at all.
    Last edited by Deshi; 2015-03-07 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Some small changes. Also messing around with a few fonts.

BUT WHAT IS ABSOLUTE POWER!?!?!?!?!

huehuehuehuehue

In all seriousness though, I'm curious about something. What are the little vertical progress bar looking things in between the raid frame and the action bar?
    Last edited by tempest420; 2015-03-07 at 07:51 PM.

Some CD and proc trackers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i2adar View Post
    I must be doing something wrong beacuse the blp files are not working. I have a few GLUES in my interface folder to skin the character select screen so those should not be conflicting with them. I'm going to have to keep messing around with it.
    Were you able to make it work? The mod didn't work for me either and I'm not sure why.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Here's a quick video of the unitframes I've been working on, featuring some drunken banter from my guild's Teamspeak.

Another question for everyone: has anyone managed to get Stuf to properly display debuffs on boss frames? I think something was changed in Masque functionality to prevent the icons from working properly in Stuf but Stuf never got an update.

Edit: Nvm, author has no plans to update Stuf for this. Rip
    Last edited by tempest420; 2015-03-08 at 03:41 AM.

As a part of upcoming v2 I'm planning to overhaul all of UFs.
    Here's a concept of new player frame with totems and mana. I love drawing UIs and textures, hehe

Last edited by ls-; 2015-03-08 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    Another question for everyone: has anyone managed to get Stuf to properly display debuffs on boss frames? I think something was changed in Masque functionality to prevent the icons from working properly in Stuf but Stuf never got an update.

Edit: Nvm, author has no plans to update Stuf for this. Rip
    I think it's generally better to use a dedicated (de)buff addon anyways, given that filtering buffs is so important and the config to do it is necessarily almost as complex as the entire config for a unit frame addon.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    As a part of upcoming v2 I'm planning to overhaul all of UFs.
    Here's a concept of new player frame with totems and mana. I love drawing UIs and textures, hehe

This is very cool. Although it feels like the specular shine on the green isn't detailed enough. But then again if it was really glossy it would like worse, so i dunno.
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2015-03-08 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My UI
    I've ran with this UI since like cata and havn't changed it, though I would like better unit frames and I can't seem to find one I like :/
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    This is very cool. Although it feels like the specular shine on the green isn't detailed enough. But then again if it was really glossy it would like worse, so i dunno.
    Thanks!

As for that gloss, I sketched it really fast, just to add some volume to the green part, otherwise it'd be more difficult to draw the rest of textures, so you're right about detalization. Unfortunately, if it's really glossy, it'll decrease readability, I tried it once, bah... So I have to make it a bit matted

Damn, glosses/shines are always pain in my ass, when it comes to glass-like textures..
    Last edited by ls-; 2015-03-08 at 02:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xintic View Post
    Found an image of my old UI in Siege, had some glorious flashbacks and decided to remake it!

Will post the new one later!
    I cant send PM's yet unfortunately....
    But I was wondering if this is perhaps a pack and/or if you could give me a list of the add-ons you use...
    It looks so clean and neat, that I would honestly consider in finally (after 9 years or so) stepping off the standard ui .

Hope to hear something!

-Ixzo

Quote Originally Posted by ixzo View Post
    I cant send PM's yet unfortunately....
    But I was wondering if this is perhaps a pack and/or if you could give me a list of the add-ons you use...
    It looks so clean and neat, that I would honestly consider in finally (after 9 years or so) stepping off the standard ui .

Hope to hear something!

-Ixzo
    I would instead wait for the "news later" and ask questions then should they still be required.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.