Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    -snip-
    Indeed, I think a lot of raidframes (Constie's included ofc) look great in some still shots or at small raid sizes such as 10 man. But once you go up in numbers and more notifications, different colours and general space are added it all looks a bit much for me. Then again I'm not too familiar with healing so perhaps I'm just showing more information than I actually have to.

Thanks! Though for the moment I've given up on the healing aspect of the game. Maybe someday! :P

Quote Originally Posted by xdunpealx View Post
    -snip-
    Not really following your idea there, though
    Quote Originally Posted by xdunpealx View Post
    I think the problem is that minimalist is fine and all but as a healer you have to have something that represents all the characters in your party or raid and then have some indication per character of HP and buffs/debuffs. i dunno i havent healed a raid in a long time the toxic community was bad back in the days.. but ive always been a tank too go figure that toxic arena
    pretty much says it for me. Too much going on for me personally.

Also, I'm sorry to hear that you've quit doing something because of a toxic community. I highly recommend joining a stable raiding guild. It could take a few tries but eventually I think you'll find your place perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Have you considered doing something with vertical progress bars just all in a row? That seems like the type of thing that you could keep centered/symmetrical regardless of group size.
    I have tried vertical but at some point you have to cut off the row for it to be somewhat efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronik View Post
    I would love some feedback.http://imgur.com/19cnghp
    As a rule of thumb: try thinking of what information you actually look at when you play and what information is important/useless.

As an example, do you really need to see a horde/alliance symbol on your unitframes? Same goes for quest icon, combat icon, etc.

This is all subjective and up to you to decide what you want to show/hide. But if you find yourself never looking at a certain part of your UI or if you get that information elsewhere, don't hesitate to hide it. You can always go back and show it again if you're missing it.

To align and center stuff easier and more precisely you can download Align (it's outdated but works perfectly).

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    As a rule of thumb: try thinking of what information you actually look at when you play and what information is important/useless.

As an example, do you really need to see a horde/alliance symbol on your unitframes? Same goes for quest icon, combat icon, etc.

This is all subjective and up to you to decide what you want to show/hide. But if you find yourself never looking at a certain part of your UI or if you get that information elsewhere, don't hesitate to hide it. You can always go back and show it again if you're missing it.
    This is a huge point which in my opinion doesn't get said anywhere near enough, particularly when people ask for a "class" UI.
    What you want to know, and how best you can read it - Icon/Timers/Bars, etc matters a lot when it comes to suggesting UI's or individual addons.
    I would argue that is exactly what minimalism should be about, reduction of unecessary or redundant information to present only that which is important to your decision making. Rather than trying to have a minimal "size" of UI.
    I don't need to see my FPS, I don't need to see the memory usage of my addons (a useless measure for the most part anyway), nor my gold and many others during combat or even out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I think these icons on SUF are only showing because he's unlocked the frames.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    I think these icons on SUF are only showing because he's unlocked the frames.
    Yep!

Typically I don't include those things, I align down the pixel with Pitbull actually. It should all be 100% aligned within the proper pixels.

I only show what I need in combat via Weak Auras/Pitbull.

New rogue UI inspired by/reworked from SilverUI2. Funnily enough, seeing as it's pretty much the opposite of what I like aesthetically. I really liked the way he had his rotation in a circle though so it prompted me to try it out for myself.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    New rogue UI inspired by/reworked from SilverUI2. Funnily enough, seeing as it's pretty much the opposite of what I like aesthetically. I really liked the way he had his rotation in a circle though so it prompted me to try it out for myself.
    What did you use to make the base of the unit portrait?

Quote Originally Posted by Cronik View Post
    What did you use to make the base of the unit portrait?
    The portrait is from Stuf and the circle around (health) is from oUF Donut by Zork. Then everything else is WeakAuras
    Last edited by Birgwow; 2015-05-16 at 04:32 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, I liked this one UI I saw here a lot and being I'm very unorginial and produce cluttered UIs that look and preform like garbage I decided to reproduce it for myself.

I just need to figure out how to show BigWigs bars so they look nice, right now they're just at the top of my screen =/

Out of Combat (everything showing)

Out of Combat

In Combat (solo) - don't have an in combat shot in a group on PTR as my client decided to blow up right before testing started

So, I told you it was unorginial, but I don't care it suites me well and thanks to Pixil/Inactive for the inspiration lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    <snip>
    Any chance you're uploading this? ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Any chance you're uploading this? ;p
    looks like a pretty basic elvui layout.

A request

-snip-
    Hey Birg! Huge fan of your work and great to see you back! I don't know how often, if at all, you do requests, but your UI's are absolutely beautiful! I currently use a modified version of KaitUI, but if your UI's worked for the class I played, I would swap in heartbeat. Would you happen to be able to work for a Warrior at all? I solely play a DPS warrior, Fury and Arms, I dream of the day that one of your beautiful UI's, especially Rogue V2, would work for my main class. If not, would you make any recommended changes to adapt one of your UI's for my class? It's totally cool if you cannot get to this, I just figured I'd ask and thank you for your amazing work!

Good to see you back!
    Sincerely, a warrior.

Oh, well thank you I don't do requests I'm afraid. The classes I play and want to make UIs for come pretty impulsively so I don't really have anything planned either.

I think you could make the rogue UI work for a warrior pretty easily. The only thing separating it from another class are the WeakAuras and I've already got a bunch of warrior auras on my pastebin. Just import them and change the positions and perhaps some more things and you'll be set. Raven cooldowns and short buffs also need to be changed but that's very easy to do.

Here are the warrior auras:
    http://pastebin.com/13xucFCG

Also remember to delete the SavedVariables for WeakAuras when you download it to get rid of any auras you don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    looks like a pretty basic elvui layout.
    Yeah but I am lazy

Deleted

To all you Supernatural-fans out there, meet Dean & Sam!

10+ Year Old Account
    played around with WA and skullflower a bit, finally got it looking decent.

in combat...

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaderp View Post

To all you Supernatural-fans out there, meet Dean & Sam!
    I mained a holy Priest called Castiel for a long time. Switched to Shadow Priest during season 7 of course

To all you Supernatural-fans out there, meet Dean & Sam![/QUOTE]

Sam .. is wrong.. you need a moose.

Long time no see fellas!

So I leveled up a moonkin a little while ago.. Not recommended.
    That looks really interesting. Is this ready for use or are you still in the testing phase for it.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffeth View Post
    That looks really interesting. Is this ready for use or are you still in the testing phase for it.
    The WeakAuras import strings for it are in the YouTube video description.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecisbeefy View Post
    played around with WA and skullflower a bit, finally got it looking decent.

in combat...
    Hey, what is the add-on that adds the inverted half-ellipses to the nameplate of the unit you're targeting? That seems really helpful for quickly determining which unit's nameplate you clicked on when there is a clusterfuck of players/enemies and the nameplates are all over the place which can make it easy to target the wrong thing (this is especially painful with mouseover macros, but that's a whole other can of worms...)