Thread: Post Your UI

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzarg View Post

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBU6dgyahKU

still cant post links, sry
    Fixed for you

After messing with it for 10 years

I got tired of fixing, re-fixing, and finding replacements for addons. I was a bartender, dominos, and tons other addons and packs user and it was fun doing all of it over the years. I guess the thing that bothered me most was the dwarf gryphon butts and the background bar clutter. The gryphon caps were the file for the dwarf, and there was only one other made in the game that I know of and that was the lion ones for humans, but then I would just have lion butts lol. I did edit the lions at one point and turned their heads down where they fit on the sides, but I really like it best with none and being able to see behind the bars some without needing to make them transparent that cause problems in especially red areas for me, or the need to add artificial gaps.

When I have an XP bar it's just the bar and 30% transparent with no bubbles.

The raid frames are just the default with a macro that makes the adjustment bars better. I find that longer HP/Rage bars help me time things much better, but I'm not a healer and to each their own.

Last edited by thatmikeguy; 2015-11-22 at 11:20 PM.

Dude. Thumbnails.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dolicioso View Post
    to each their own ;D .. and it is .. this is similar to what i used back when i played ! haha .. like i said ill be doing a lot of editing as i go along and what not, taking stuff out and what not .. i do a lot of chatting just a big thing for me so thats why i like the box on bottom .. and it all actually fits nicely for my eye vision, monitor, and positioning to keyboard in person .. n cmon titan panel aint that bad ;D
    I actually like the retro UI look a lot more than I like the generic ElvUI look that a lot of people go with, but whatever makes people happy and whatever they're comfortable with I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I actually like the retro UI look a lot more than I like the generic ElvUI look that a lot of people go with, but whatever makes people happy and whatever they're comfortable with I suppose.
    yeah i liked it .. i actually just tried ElvUI, and i do like it, nice and simple and basically everything i was using in one. i just wish i found it first before i spent hours customizing it like the old days ! haha

Work in progress here

Working on an clean and hopefully minimal UI, mainly for DPS classes, tried to come up with an UI I could also use for my leveling alts - pretty happy with the result so far, thought I could share this for inspiration

The video is mainly so I can check for some weird overlaps and gaps (like BigWigs is too near to the ShortBuffs Raven Group and the tooltip could also be moved a bit to the right & top).
    Base is ElvUI (Skullflowers), a bunch of WeakAuras, Gnosis for the castbar and GCD, Raven for the ShortBuffs (left) and Cooldowns (right)
    ActionBars on mouseover (although shown on alts while leveling)

The space between the target info and the castbar is used to show class specific stuff like the shards in the video, but also for runes, holy power, combo points, eclipse bar etc

On top of that are class specific and situational WAs - like Dark Soul, interrupt, flask reminder, life tap, low health warnings - those also need strata reordering, some text from below shows up on top...

Under the castbar are rotation priority WAs
    Player health is shown as a vertical bar near the target health (~2:25 after I double life-tapped)

youtube. com /watch?v=KBU6dgyahKU

I really like how clean this is! I especially like the casting bar and the dot's tracker. Nice job!

Deleted
    Work in progress here

Working on an clean and hopefully minimal UI, mainly for DPS classes, tried to come up with an UI I could also use for my leveling alts - pretty happy with the result so far, thought I could share this for inspiration

The video is mainly so I can check for some weird overlaps and gaps (like BigWigs is too near to the ShortBuffs Raven Group and the tooltip could also be moved a bit to the right & top).
    Base is ElvUI (Skullflowers), a bunch of WeakAuras, Gnosis for the castbar and GCD, Raven for the ShortBuffs (left) and Cooldowns (right)
    ActionBars on mouseover (although shown on alts while leveling)

The space between the target info and the castbar is used to show class specific stuff like the shards in the video, but also for runes, holy power, combo points, eclipse bar etc

On top of that are class specific and situational WAs - like Dark Soul, interrupt, flask reminder, life tap, low health warnings - those also need strata reordering, some text from below shows up on top...

Under the castbar are rotation priority WAs
    Player health is shown as a vertical bar near the target health (~2:25 after I double life-tapped)

youtube. com /watch?v=KBU6dgyahKU

looks really interesting, I'm looking forward to future updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    WIP

What addons are you using? Love this UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    The raid frames are just the default with a macro that makes the adjustment bars better. I find that longer HP/Rage bars help me time things much better, but I'm not a healer and to each their own.
    Can you please share the macro to make the raid frames looks like yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomy View Post
    What addons are you using? Love this UI
    WeakAuras
    Stuf
    Bartender
    Prat
    Skada
    Vuhdo
    PhaseX
    BigWigs
    kgPanels

Quote Originally Posted by LordHam View Post
    Can you please share the macro to make the raid frames looks like yours?
    https://defectivetanking.wordpress.c...efault-values/

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    WeakAuras
    Stuf
    Bartender
    Prat
    Skada
    Vuhdo
    PhaseX
    BigWigs
    kgPanels
    jw if u could put it in a zip file and upload if ur willing to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomy View Post
    jw if u could put it in a zip file and upload if ur willing to do that?
    You would also need the WTF-Folder to have the same settings, all the AddOns can easily be found googling

UI?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockxana View Post

Edit: nvm found it :-)
    Would love to be able to duplicate the unit frames/grid as well as the textures. The skins for the buffs and buttons too!

I'm guessing that this is Shadowed Unit Frames... any insight as to what I need to do in order to replicate it myself?

Rerolling so reccon i remake my UI a little.

Bottom bar is timer for Sweeping strike.
    Ragebar changes colour, red is sub 20, orange is Mortal strike minimum. green is execute minimum

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive View Post
    That UI looks like it is taken straight out of 2005. Default Xperl, massive box on bottom blocking nearly half the screen, oversized actionbars and don't forget titan panel! I don't get how you can enjoy playing like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    So after the constructive critisicm as well as the latter I went for a new design off ElvUI (afterall i enjoy doing this so hey ) ... and i like it, still a WIP as always .. i want to do some things with weak auras as ive yet to figure it out .. and probably a second profile all together for regular dungeons and raids with less action bars .. but heres what im rockin now, as on my hunter..

Extra addons:
    Skada
    xCT+
    Kaliel's Tracker
    Pawn
    DBM

Link to album:
    http://imgur.com/a/551lz

Previous UI setup on mage:
    http://imgur.com/a/DXZHa

As always any questions, comments, or recommendations are encouraged and appreciated !

Thanks

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorosfyr View Post
    Would love to be able to duplicate the unit frames/grid as well as the textures. The skins for the buffs and buttons too!

I'm guessing that this is Shadowed Unit Frames... any insight as to what I need to do in order to replicate it myself?
    It's actually the Benik UI addon for ElvUI: http://www.tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=view&id=228

Unfortunately I don't believe that there are any plans for a public release, but you could always customize to make it look close!

Quote Originally Posted by dolicioso View Post
    znip
    I personally like your new one a lot more. Feels more open Never ment anything bad about your previous one either. Just typed what came to mind when I saw it. After all if you like an UI and it works for you then that is all that matters.

Things you could improve fairly quickly that comes to mind is making sure all your fonts are the same (combat text different than unitframe font) and making your Skada style match the rest of the UI instead of being nearly default.

Instead of posting just text I figured I'd throw in the UI I have been playing with this last tier.

Last edited by Yenami; 2015-11-24 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive View Post
    I personally like your new one a lot more. Feels more open Never ment anything bad about your previous one either. Just typed what came to mind when I saw it. After all if you like an UI and it works for you then that is all that matters.

Things you could improve fairly quickly that comes to mind is making sure all your fonts are the same (combat text different than unitframe font) and making your Skada style match the rest of the UI instead of being nearly default.
    Yeah for sure, no I appreciate it im open for any time of comment ! And im glad as it made me search more and ElvUI was able to take over like 50 addons I was using haha .. im still pretty impressed i was able to put all that together. even as much as spartanui for that spinning afkness, but elvui is much cooler, especially with troll dance ;D

But yes this new one is nice and I will be using, i have been meaning to redo the skada skin and i am constantly changing fonts i always miss one and find it and what not.

Nice setup, thats what I was wanting to do for raids, with a very limited action bar space and less chat. Questions: what are the raid frames, player/target frames, and whats to the left and right of your center ?
    Last edited by dolicioso; 2015-11-24 at 09:00 AM.