Thread: Post Your UI

Random screen from ZA with my pala, with new party UF.

Enjoy
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
    So after I saw Minerv's UI yesterday, my body just urged to try and get something similar. Even though it looks to be a tuk edit, I wanted to try and see if I could achieve something similar with what I have in my disposal. So I sat down today and tried getting it as similar as I could.

In combat on a badly geared alt:

Idle with raid frames:

The DBM skin is taken from Mono's UI, so all credit goes to him

Also like to give credit to Minerv for the layout inspiration

Below your unit frames are those cool-downs or debuff/buff timers? Either way what are you using to display that?

Deleted
    A lot of people asked me about what addons etc for my UI

DOWNLOAD LINK

Addons
    Chatter - More simple chat box
    MSBT - Combat text addon
    Shadowed UnitFrames - Unit frames of cause
    InternalCooldowns - Tracks the internal CD of my trinkets
    Omen - Guess you know what this is
    OmniCC - Shows time left for any ability on my action bars
    Skada - Damage/Healing etc meter
    BadBoy - Spam filter
    Dominos - Action bar addon
    Quartz - Custom cast bar (Focus, player, target etc)
    Sexymap - Minimap
    Grid - Raid Frames

Quote Originally Posted by Abazaba View Post
    Below your unit frames are those cool-downs or debuff/buff timers? Either way what are you using to display that?
    Those are cooldown timer's for paladins that comes with the addon "Holytrinity" for the holy power bars.

A while back I posted my UI in this thread, and then later followed up with some ideas in the power auras vs weak auras discussions that happened during the summer/fall. The result of that was a bunch of questions/comments asking for details or for me to upload my UI somewhere for other people to download. Without wanting to spam the thread with something that hasn't changed significantly in several months I'm gonig to point to this video which shows my interface in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQfB7...7104FE7CE&hd=1

I didn't want to upload my UI for a few reasons (copyright of the authors of addons, a desire not to do maintenance, the belief that the only reason my UI is any good is because it's optimized for what I do). I did promise to make some videos showing how I configured it so that other people could follow along and see what I did -- hopefully improving the ideas that are visible in my interface.

Anyway it's taken a while but I've finally finished:

20 videos demonstrating how I setup my UI from fresh install to what you see in the rag video
    (not actually that video, but something practically indistinguishable).

Teaching isn't my strong point, and I wouldn't consider myself particularly endearing, insightful, or entertaining to listen to. I mean, lets be honest: it's 5+ hours of somebody configuring a video game, not a Die Hard film, but at least you can say those videos are reasonably complete, detailed, and accurate. So far the reaction has been positive so thanks for the kind words & support to anybody who's watched them. Hopefully others who like my interface will see that making something similar isn't really that difficult and then they'll come back to share something that's noticeably better.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want an older, more modified version of my interface, I can show you this one:

Later today I will make an more active shot of the new one.

Peace out
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-11-02 at 05:49 PM.

Here's my UI. I have basically 2 UI's in one. Used the same Add-Ons for all 2 and simply made 2 different Reflux setups.

VxtUI1:

http://i.imgur.com/4ySeA.jpg

Main point of this UI was using kgPanels to make the wire-style connectors.

VxtUI2:

http://i.imgur.com/EJqJy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YHt9d.jpg
    Pretty much a rendition of DicateUI. Dicate of <numen> on EU-Talnivarr was nice enough to provide me some images and small answers to help me recreate his UI. With a few personal Add-On changes, I made not only a rendition of his very popular UI, but took elements from 4 different stages of his UI to create what I see as the ideal setup. Many people complain that they can't read pixel fonts and I honestly don't see why. I find the fonts I used(same as Dicate and Texty's UI's) to be easy to read and overall fit the design beautifully.

Simple Add-On list:

!ClassColors
    Shadowed Unit Frames
    Quartz
    Skada
    kgPanels
    BigWigs
    Chinchilla Minimap
    dNameplates(edited)
    SLDataText
    Grid
    bBuff
    DocsDebugRunes(for my DK)
    nibEclipse(for my Druid)
    Chatter
    Bartender/Dominos (change it up from time to time when one is more up-to-date then the other)
    Last edited by Vxt; 2011-11-03 at 01:35 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Random screen from ZA with my pala, with new party UF.
    Hey this looks great, nice work! Couple of questions tho:

1) Are you able to make those "expansion boxes" on the action bars mouseover or will they always show?
    2) Can you hide the keybinds too?
    3) The colour gradient behind the UF's is that also a representation of health yeah?

Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by zakalwei View Post
    Hey this looks great, nice work! Couple of questions tho:

1) Are you able to make those "expansion boxes" on the action bars mouseover or will they always show?
    2) Can you hide the keybinds too?
    3) The colour gradient behind the UF's is that also a representation of health yeah?

Keep up the good work!
    1) i think you mean the tooltips, as for now they hide in combat, but i can make an option to have them always on. (now on bottom right corner)
    2) yes, it's an option of the button style addon
    3) exactly, health bg goes from green to red the lower the hp go.

EDIT: now i got it, you're talking about the + and - buttons for action bars. as for now, they stay just there, i made them mostly to test my skills and if they are actually useful. Since they work good, the plan was to make them on mousover and hidden in combat (since actionbars anyway are blocked during combat, and clicking them will have no effect)
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2011-11-03 at 12:43 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Hmm, do I suck for still using standard Blizzard UI? Been playing since classic and never tried upgrading to something new.
    Could anyone list some advantages, and perhaps a good started package? (preferably something I don't have to spend all day customizing on :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a couple of advantages, mostly to do with organisation of information.

Having your target and player frame more accessible than the top left of your screen is helpful. Similarly, being able to discern important buffs/debuffs (such as Slice and Dice or Big Bad Boss Debuff of Doom) quickly can be very helpful.

Other times, it's just ease of use. An example would be being able to open all the messages in your mailbox at once.

When asking about packages, you'll probably be referred to Tuk UI. It looks good, but seeing how it isn't that easy to edit it to your liking as beginner, I'm not sure that's a good starting point. You can just browse wowinterface or so for a quick look or scroll through the thread to see if there's any you like. Some of the 'better' UIs have been uploaded as link.

ui that i use for tanking, will get a 5man one pic in a bit and hopefully a raid one in a few hours if i remember to get one.

Last edited by Shilz; 2011-11-03 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khonorum View Post
    ui that i use for tanking, will get a 5man one pic in a bit and hopefully a raid one in a few hours if i remember to get one.

http://i.imgur.com/5B61o.jpg

dunno how to make the pic a thumbnail lol
    How to make thumbnails.

Quote Originally Posted by Inval1d View Post
    thank you.

I am constantly tweaking my UI - but this is my current setup. There's a few things I want to change but haven't gotten to it yet.

Feedback, as always, is welcome.

Solo idle:

25 man shots (Party/10 man are the exact same - grid positioning just fills the space on 25)

Last edited by Velystia; 2011-11-03 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Same screenshot twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    New power auras!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-11-03 at 11:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScatteredBWL View Post
    To all those asking me to upload a pack of my ui, I'll attempt to get one uploaded in the next few days, just check back on this forum for updates.
    Any update on upload?

To those who were interested in a download of my UI, I have just uploaded my UI.

The link: HelloUI 1.0

Keep in mind this is the first time I have uploaded anything so if you there are problems please contact me and I will try to help.

idle:
    img854.imageshack.us/img854/1378/wowscrnshot110411103422.jpg

infight:
    img232.imageshack.us/img232/9956/wowscrnshot110411102117.jpg

Sorry for my bad englisch
    I´m looking for some alternate addons.

Addons:

Addon Control Panel
    Armory
    Auctionsmaster
    Bartender 4
    BattleGroundTargets