Thread: Post Your UI

Still very much WIP but I'm trying to come up with new ways to display CDs around my unitframes...

There's 3 things I changed mainly:

- I realised I didn't need to have my action bars (the ones I had at the bottom) displayed during fights so they are now hidden upon entering combat. This gave me the space to make my forte CD bar a bit bigger.

- I also decided that it was useless to display one's full character frame as a healer (including your name, health etc.) because one can already see most of that information on the raid frames so I turned my character frame into a big mana bar which you can see below the holy power bar and which allows for better mana management (for me at least)

- Finally, I realised that during progression fights, no fancy set of Power Auras beats a good old icon in terms knowing extremely fast which CDs you have available, what's the remaining CD on your main abilities etc.
    So I build 3 sets of dynamic groups with Weak Auras (mana CDs, directly linked to my mana bar, Power CDs on the right side of the unit frame and Defensive CDs on the left side) which allow for such an icon display. What you'll notice is that the icons dynamically reposition themselves so that available CDs are always displayed closest to the unit frames, which I find cool =D and really helpful in knowing at a glance what CDs I have available

For examples of how dynamic repositioning works in the video, you can watch around 1'15'' when i use Divine Plea + Arcane torrent or towards the end of the video when I use a lot of CDs + some abilities come out of CD.

Constructive feedback welcome as always =)
    Last edited by Kaytemoss; 2012-01-24 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velystia View Post
    I am constantly tweaking my UI - but this is my current setup. There's a few things I want to change but haven't gotten to it yet.

Feedback, as always, is welcome.

Solo idle:

25 man shots (Party/10 man are the exact same - grid positioning just fills the space on 25)

Would you be willing to create a downloadable version of your UI? I am quite interested in it!

Lolhand could you post a Download link for your UI it looks totally awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Deemaxm View Post
    What font are you using for Unitframes/dps meter/DBM?
    btw tipp change dmg font so it matches rest of UI or even better make configure it as mirror to healing income. I mean going up from Target frame.
    You can find all the information you need here

Quote Originally Posted by Muncken87 View Post
    Yeah i suppose so, not sure if i would have the energy to keep it updated ^^ i made a zip of it atleast if some want it.
    Thanks so much, I'm certainly going to give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant View Post
    Would you be willing to create a downloadable version of your UI? I am quite interested in it!
    I know they've made changes of their own but the base of that UI is Mayron's UI - mmo-champion.com/threads/994784-Mayron-s-UI-Healing-and-DPS?p=13618962 (sorry I can't post links .)

Real clean looking!
    Last edited by Jeri; 2012-01-24 at 10:06 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeri View Post
    Get clean looking!
    Who what where when how and why?

I prefer Perfect Raid over Grid

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Who what where when how and why?
    My thoughts exactly ^^

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentrytotem View Post

Ever so slightly modified version of FreeUI, the only UI I can use without hating myself.
    I saw the clean chat font and became hopeful.

But then my hopes were dashed to bits and pieces when I looked beyond to the ever-so-generic-poorly-chosen-poorly-designed pixel font. Pixel fonts were not meant to be used in a user interface where the gleaning of quick, accurate information is needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I change mine A LOT but I'm quite comfortable with this one. It's inspired by Cephius' UI.

the giant Hymn of Hope image is Hymn of Hope coming off cooldown
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-01-25 at 03:00 PM.
    [/CENTER]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ODDLAWL View Post
    I change mine A LOT but I'm quite comfortable with this one. It's inspired by Cephius' UI.

the giant Hymn of Hope image is Hymn of Hope coming off cooldown
    There is a lot of small things that is like 1-3 pixels of, such as buffs and minimap, and where your targets and stuff are.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-01-25 at 03:01 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenub View Post

But then my hopes were dashed to bits and pieces when I looked beyond to the ever-so-generic-poorly-chosen-poorly-designed pixel font. Pixel fonts were not meant to be used in a user interface where the gleaning of quick, accurate information is needed.
    But some pixel fonts work very well and look a lot sharper than normal fonts for the quick glance of accurate information. It all comes down to whatever works for the user.

Deleted

I use pixelfont on many things in my UI, for example my DoT timers. I feel it is much more clear.

It's very much a personal preference thing, works for me.

The unitframe text is actually more clear if you see it in-game, the picture quality ruins it somewhat.
    Last edited by vulpix; 2012-01-25 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Removed snide remark.

Deleted

Wrong on so many levels.

Watch out, Pinksock is letting it all hang out!

No, but really.. Pixel fonts give it a very clean look, unless it gets over a certain size, and I admit it can get ugly. Font isnt really one of those flavor of the month kind of deals, if people like it, they use it. If you like a UI, but dont like the font, that is a non issue. Go to " dafont . com " pick what you like, add it to something such as fontain so you can use it. There is also the route of editing all of the lua files to get what you want, but only if you have some sense of what you are doing.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just thought of a nice UI concept whilst eating my lunch. I'm actually tempted to download WoW and use my friends account to give it a whirl.

It would suit a raid leader; perhaps not everybody's cup of tea but you can't cater to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    It would suit a raid leader; perhaps not everybody's cup of tea but you can't cater to everyone!
    go go Care!
    as a RL working for almost a year on UI that shows all and removes the clutter it is very much relevant to my interests