Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muncken87 View Post
    I tried playing around with the padding and it started to look abit better, feels like it can be even sharper, could also be having darker icons also right making the borders blend with the dark?

---------- Post added 2012-01-31 at 09:21 PM ----------

Imo it would be better if:

1. You change the spacing of your consumables bar and buffs to that of your actionbars.
    2. You change the skin of buffs + totemtimers to that of the actionbars.
    3. You change the nameplates shadow offsets so the text looks the same as the UF's.
    4. You totally remove the background panel for chat, as in my opinion it's useless aesthetics.
    5. You make your DPS/Healing meter smaller (do you constantly need to see so many?)
    6. Make your raidframes a bit smaller :P That and your mana bar doesn't have the pixel border it seems.

Just some small details

Mucken you have to release that! :P

Deleted
    Yeah i was just starting with the bottom bars gonna fix the other bars, totemtimer is something different it seems to scale so bad so that the original borders pops up sometimes.

There was no option for shadowoffset with my nameplate sadly :/
    I can try remove the background for the skada+chat and maybe add a long bar at the bottom to use for sldt.

I was using vuhdo in this pic and not stuf, need to play with how the debuff things work

Thx for the feedback

Deleted
    For the nameplates you could perhaps just ask the author which code you have to add in the lua. It's probably just 1 or 2 short lines just for the shadow. Perhaps someone here knows it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    For the nameplates you could perhaps just ask the author which code you have to add in the lua. It's probably just 1 or 2 short lines just for the shadow. Perhaps someone here knows it.
    I dont have much lua knowledge but , i know its called shadowoffset, so i checked all the lua and changed the shadowoffset to 0,0, so now it works

Quote Originally Posted by TiroC View Post
    You should totally upload that UI tbh (:

I think i managed to fix the outline problems with most of the things but i cant seem to be able to change the shadow position on skada , and there seems to be no option to add monochrome for azcastbar

Thanks Ish
    Np :P

I'll take a look at my skada lua this evening and see what I can find for the shadow removal.

Also, definitely get http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/colorpickerplus

It helps tremendously with keeping everything unified with class coloring different Ui elements.

<3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Np :P

I'll take a look at my skada lua this evening and see what I can find for the shadow removal.

Also, definitely get http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/colorpickerplus

It helps tremendously with keeping everything unified with class coloring different Ui elements.

<3
    I think I played WoW for around .. 6 years or so? (basically almost since Vanilla up till a year ago) And I used EnhancedColorPicker for that which I found somewhere, heavily outdated and bugged. But I think it was literally the single AddOn I used my entire UI career, and it should be in any somewhat serious UI makers AddOn list.

Good to see there's a updated version.

Deleted
    Im using colortools it works fine, its just that when i look at my screen the other half of the screen seems darker :S so its hard to make it right.

Anyways i fooled around some.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-02-01 at 06:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Entirely scrapped my previous project I posted a few pics of a couple pages ago. Time to work on a new one

HEAVILY influenced by Led's screenshot, Carebear's previous UI's and sUI, NIN's personal UI etc etc. At this point, I find it very hard to come up with something original, almost everything has been tried. My best shot is to rearrange key parts of the UI to help it's uniqueness, but at the same time, aim for practicality

tl;dr I need to revolutionize the UI game
    Last edited by Lolhand; 2012-01-31 at 10:37 PM.

Chillerbill could you post your Vuhdo profile or files/luas. PM me for my email if you would rather just email them.
    Thanks alot. I just haven't been able to configure Vuhdo the way I like it.

Here's mine:

Sorry the picture is full size, wth.

Also, here's an old video in case anyone is interested.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-02-01 at 06:33 AM.

re: Skada font shadow
    Open bardisplay.lua, go to (should be line 277),
    -- Class color text.
    local color = Skada.classcolors[data.class]
    if color then
    bar.label:SetTextColor(color.r, color.g, color.b, color.a or 1)
    bar.timerLabel:SetTextColor(color.r, color.g, color.b, color.a or 1)
    end
    else
    -- Default color text.
    bar.label:SetTextColor(1,1,1,1)
    bar.timerLabel:SetTextColor(1,1,1,1)
    end
    and add
    bar.label:SetShadowOffset(0,0)
    bar.timerlabel:SetShadowOffset(0,0)
    to each of the text color options (so class color and default color should have a shadowoffset setting).

Deleted
    Thanks Quse im gonna try that !

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 12:21 AM ----------

Thx it worked, i actually had that code yesterday but i think i added it somewhere else

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 12:46 AM ----------

Looks almost done only totemtimer that change borders when i drop them down and i havent found a single post on how to make the timers outlinedmonochrome, changing their size doesnt seem to work either.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-02-01 at 06:31 AM.

Deleted
    Im using colortools it works fine, its just that when i look at my screen the other half of the screen seems darker :S so its hard to make it right.

Anyways i fooled around some.

Since I have to nitpick. Isn't it easier to show your buffs with the lowest duration last? You still need to fix the spacing between buffs too the distance between your minnimap + first buff would be nice.

Also, your UF's might look more polished if the health and mana values are aligned with the mana bar. so health aligned to the left a pixel or 2-3 above the mana bar, same for mana on the right.

Now to find a good spot for that Totemtimer thing...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Since I have to nitpick. Isn't it easier to show your buffs with the lowest duration last? You still need to fix the spacing between buffs too the distance between your minnimap + first buff would be nice.

Also, your UF's might look more polished if the health and mana values are aligned with the mana bar. so health aligned to the left a pixel or 2-3 above the mana bar, same for mana on the right.

Now to find a good spot for that Totemtimer thing...
    If he is showing Cds in the middle the totemtimers could go horizontally under his player UF.

Deleted
    I could probably put tt under my uf or something just need to find a place for it, @ led isnt my buffs showing the lowest timer last near map, what i can see atleast.

Maybe i could extend the mana bar so it aligns with the numbers than putting the numbers more inside, oh well gonna see what i can do.

@ Led
    I told him earlier to align his texts and swap his buff flow, I think he was overwhelmed at first with all the adjustments

I will post a picture of my totem addon shortly Munckin

I could probably put tt under my uf or something just need to find a place for it, @ led isnt my buffs showing the lowest timer last near map, what i can see atleast.

Maybe i could extend the mana bar so it aligns with the numbers than putting the numbers more inside, oh well gonna see what i can do.
    This is how I handle my Totem Bar. Just realized I forgot to put it back on Monochrome, I was testing the shadow on it, bah.

<3
    Ish

*edit* I've been meaning to configure DBM, hehe.
    Last edited by Ishtara; 2012-02-01 at 03:25 AM.