Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    Mists has substantial updates to the underlying layers of the UI. Typically, any expansion breaks add-ons and custom UI's until the add-on creators get a chance to update them. Many of the more prolific creators will already be working on updates and a number of the bigger UI sites will have updated versions ready for release.
    Thank you for the info. I better wait until after Mist releases so I can update the UI before making it available for download at least then

Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    Mists has substantial updates to the underlying layers of the UI. Typically, any expansion breaks add-ons and custom UI's until the add-on creators get a chance to update them. Many of the more prolific creators will already be working on updates and a number of the bigger UI sites will have updated versions ready for release.
    Most addons are pretty easy to fix for beta so far, I've been able to fix all of my addons myself except one (Raven).

Quote Originally Posted by Pikapika View Post
    Most addons are pretty easy to fix for beta so far, I've been able to fix all of my addons myself except one (Raven).
    So are you saying the addons now work in beta? Afaik Blizz disabled them from the start - if they are working, i'm going to work on my UI asap.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanzilla View Post
    Looks like you're using the wrong resolution for your game.
    I am. My computer's awful, so I can't raid 25 mans with anything higher than 800x600.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    So are you saying the addons now work in beta? Afaik Blizz disabled them from the start - if they are working, i'm going to work on my UI asap.
    It's not exactly official right now, there's a link on the Tukui website if you want to look into it yourself.

They "work" if you're willing to download modified EXE's and they don't require the scripting backend. personally I'm waiting for them to be turned on officially, and addons to be updated before doing any type of UI work for Mists.

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    They "work" if you're willing to download modified EXE's and they don't require the scripting backend. personally I'm waiting for them to be turned on officially, and addons to be updated before doing any type of UI work for Mists.
    Phew ok, i thought i missed the official "turn on" and wasted a lot of time I have lots of ideas for the monk chi bar and i want to put my hands on it asap

As for my UI, made some fancy useless scripts - a point i want to improve is the littp hp/mp panel. I want to make it more useful than just a frame containing the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/zTnNd.jpg

New completely customer UI, for both DPS Tanking and healing.
    Holy Freaking Unit Frames Batman! Seriously, what is that target of target of target of target of closest critter's target target?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello! I do not post on MMO-Champion, but I was happy to show off my UI to fellow healers! I have tried many, many things with many different types of UIs. Some guild members the other day finally made me try out ElvUI. I will say that I have tried it out before but it felt so clunky and you weren't able to customize much of anything. Nowadays it is pretty amazing and for the last two days I have been liking my UI so far.

I can't post pictures yet, so links will have to do:
    - http://i.imgur.com/cZzfH.jpg This is my UI without raid and me standing around.
    - http://i.imgur.com/tPPn6.jpg This is my UI in raid.... and with me still standing around.

Here are the addons I use:
    - ElvUI (I tinkered around with it)
    - Grid (I use mouse-over macros to heal)
    - Bartender (It's hidden)
    - DBM (Best for customization, imo)
    - Castbars (Under my unit frame)
    - TidyPlates (... purely awesome)
    - Power Auras (Need I say more?)
    - Chatter (I don't like Elv's chat)
    - Skada (Recount sucks)

Edit: I must say that it is always hard for me to mess with UIs. I have amazing vision, 20/20, yet I have a problem where my eyes just constantly hurt and I always have to rub them. Astigmatism at it's best! Also, I'm very OCD and it sucks. Things must be symmetrical and a good color for me to accept it as a good UI for myself. This is why I love Power Auras... it's such an amazing addon. I used to raid with a laptop that had around 1-5 FPS for the last years, two weeks ago. I now have this amazing new desktop. I like addons for looks, but I love them for helping out my playstyle.
    Last edited by Ruie; 2012-07-01 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Phew ok, i thought i missed the official "turn on" and wasted a lot of time I have lots of ideas for the monk chi bar and i want to put my hands on it asap

As for my UI, made some fancy useless scripts - a point i want to improve is the littp hp/mp panel. I want to make it more useful than just a frame containing the numbers.
    For some daft reason, I envision a simple monk UI with a Ying-Yang symbol for Health + Mana. With Chi being the two dots and the third one being the entire frame glowing.

Madness, isn't it?

(semi-edit: found a funky picture as minor demonstration. Went with this one as it was just a wee bit fitting the theme.)

Deleted
    Not really madness. It's not that hard to make.

Would be fun to make, just it wouldn't fit with my minimal style.

Updated my UI a bit last week =)

Also finally took the time to mess up with that ugly DBM radar screen and tune it (changed text, size, border, background etc.) so it fits my UI better!

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-06-16 at 10:42 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any place to download that UI :P. I love it. I always have a hard time creating a very minimal interface =/. I so badly want to get away from ElvUI, but it's just that good of an UI, but I could use a little bit more minimalism as I have a fairly small screen at the moment. My screen resolution is only 1680x1050.

http://i48.tinypic.com/m75pv4.jpg - Hovering over a target to show the tooltip, target/focus/focus target/grid 10 man setup and casting.

http://i46.tinypic.com/349b6zl.jpg - Target/Player buffs, combat text scrolls upwards just to the right.

http://i46.tinypic.com/4q6ae8.jpg - Bossmod timer bars.

It's just personalised LUI, I raid 10 man so have a quite large 10 man grid, but for 25's it is in the same place just smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    For some daft reason, I envision a simple monk UI with a Ying-Yang symbol for Health + Mana. With Chi being the two dots and the third one being the entire frame glowing.

Madness, isn't it?
    Totally like the idea =D
    Add a circle'ish cast bar around it for mistweaver and good to go!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Not really madness. It's not that hard to make.
    I don't do code and I don't play currently, so yea... it'd take a bit more effort than 'installing SUF'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tune View Post
    interesting ui, never seen that one before, oh wait ...

iirc this thread is called post your UI, not post a brand new original UI that nobody in the entire world as seen before.
    Sometimes I wish it was ^^

Deleted
    iirc this thread is called post your UI, not post a brand new original UI that nobody in the entire world as seen before. Anyway, compared to most other elv ui's I think it's fairly different.
    I'm not asking for a brand new original ui, but that "version" of ElvUi is as stock as it gets, are you honestly suggesting that putting classcolored portraits on the unitframes and moving them up a little is "fairly different"? Anyway i wasn't trying to be mean or downgrade your UI, ElvUi is great, but this thread is way too full of elv/tuk ui's already and it's just not interesting at all.